Team-BHP - Need price advice on an OHC 1.5 Ex
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Need price advice on an OHC 1.5 Ex (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6189-need-price-advice-ohc-1-5-ex.html)

Hi guys,

I saw a Black OHC 1.5 Ex (2002 Model, 25Ks on the odo) at a used car dealership in Mumbai. Looked in immaculate condition. Bridgestone Potenza rubber, looked in good condition. Vehicle has an MH-06 (Thane?) regn.

Asking for 4.85 (negotiable, I think). Comprehensive insurance valid till March 2006. Ordinary stereo, no CD changer. Rear spoiler. Didn't get a chance to go through the car thoroughly. Haven't test driven it yet.

Is this a good deal? What are the other factors I need to look into? If someone can point me to a checklist/guide for buying a used car, it would be very helpful.

Note: 5K additional is the commision, 3K for regn transfer and 2K for loan processing formalities. The guy mentioned something like 8pc flat and 16pc reducing interest rates (negotiable, of course).

TIA
Cheers
Harish

Hey highpreiest

MH06 is Panvel reg. Linkway Honda offers a check up for used cars . You can maybe consult them to check this car . If the car is clean you should be able to negociate to 4.5 lakhs since 4.85 is alot for a 2002 model.

Dippy

I feel the price quoted to a reasonable one. If you could bring the price down to Rs.4.5 L nothing like that

Please check the following

No of ownership: Hope this is a owned by the first purchaser

Please check the originality of the mileage shown in the odometer. Ask for complete service records and cross check with the tyre worn out.

Make sure that the vehicle is clean from Accidents. This has great impact on the price of the car. Check for original beeding in all the doors, front bonnet and rear. Check the posts of the car for any major accident.

Insist to make the payment through Demand Draft to the person in which the car is Registered. If he says NO, the above point needs to be checked twice ( accident)

Through your trusted source make sure the mechanical part is clean.

the price is quite reasonable for 2002 car,but first get the car checked at a garage.lookout for a accident job,worn out suspension,clutch,brake booster and engine compression.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise

Insist to make the payment through Demand Draft to the person in which the car is Registered. If he says NO, the above point needs to be checked twice ( accident)

i dont think that he will agree to this.coz most of the time the cars sold by dealers (which are readily availiable at there offices )are first purchased by them,then sold to the customer.he has already paid for the car so he wont agree on you making a DD in favour of the registerd owner.it seems like the dealer has purchased this car himself to sell further because he is just asking 5grands for his commision.i mean c`mon,i deal in used cars too,if anybody sells a 1.5 , 2002 model honda city,he will charge in percentage.we charge 3%,2% will be the least % charged after any kinda negotiation.so if it costs around 4.5 lacs,then the commission would be somwhere around 13,500 @ 3% and 9000 @ 2%.but 5g`s????no way.so just check out if it is still owned by the registerd owner himself or he has sold it off.coz if he has sold it off to the dealer,then i`m sure that u will get it around 4.5 lacs(just try to convince him somehow).not a bad deal at all(it`s 1.5l!!!!)just check if the paint is genuine or not,check the pillars and appron and the lower front beam on which the lower mounting rests should be straight(i can be accidental also!!!)

any ways,there is no harm if it is purchased by the dealer himself unless n untill it is in the original condition and accident free.go for it!!!!!! thats all i gotta say

cheers :)

Dippy, Surprise, Anshuman, Twister,

Thanks a ton for all the inputs. I'll speak to him again and try to nego for 4.5 lacs. Will he agree to a check by Linkway? Can I insist?

Thanks
Harish

I guess he should agree to the Linkway check if his car is clean . Youre paying good money for the car you might as well get it done. Insist on it. If hes very reluctant then there might be problems

Dippy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy
I guess he should agree to the Linkway check if his car is clean . Youre paying good money for the car you might as well get it done. Insist on it. If hes very reluctant then there might be problems

Dippy

Well said.

While I was looking for OHC, a guy showed me a 2001 model 1.5, Heather mist color that was for sale. I asked my friend to take the car while doing the test drive to the next lane where a friend of mine (65 yrs old), who is an expert in used car residing.

When the car was stopped in front of his house, the broker asked why did we stop there. I explained him that I want to get the car checked through my other friend. He cross verified the name & took the car from there shouting at us " Iam not interested to go through such process"

Later I found out that car was a accident piece & lots of trouble with mechanical part.

So whenever I was shown a vehicle, I will clearly explain them that I will get the car completely checked through Sundaram Motors and through other brokers from my source. ( good filtering tool)

Authorized dealers will charge 1 or 2% which is worth giving.