Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 10:49   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Did anyone notice this quote from Mr. Tata:

Quote:
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Tata said, “I hope the Tata Nano will bring motoring pleasure to those who will be buying their first car as also those who currently own cars but want a modern, contemporary, emission-friendly city car.
Much to Tata Motor's surprise, the top-end version garnered a massive 50% of the total Nano bookings (entry level managed only 20%). Also, the Nano ended up with about 2,00,000 bookings....far lesser than the 5,00,000 prediction (Related thread).

These two developments have led to a distinct change in the Nano's positioning, to include existing car owners too.
Old 20th July 2009, 12:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

A big applouse , I hope they introduce electric / Hybrid nano in India for another segment of environment friendly buyers. Read that Tata's have technology already and plan for Electric Vista in UK and project is stalled due to loans arrangement with UK government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
And here's to those poor people to enjoy the dream while they are still asleep. Soon they will have to wake up to the unpleasant realities of Tata vehicle ownership and service centers
@Greenhorn While you try to be devil's advocate on this count let me reiterate as done before by countless others on your similar posts that A.S.S experience of nearest comptetiors in similar price bracket / segment of cars is also nothing home to write about.
My reiteration is based of personal experience in 4 different cities in 3 states.

If your comparison point is Honda or Toyota please do bear in mind that price point at which vehicles are sold factor in A.S.S experience costs to certain extent.

Last edited by amitk26 : 20th July 2009 at 12:54.
Old 20th July 2009, 14:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

My benchmark for service is none other than the current market leader, and the maker of the cheapest indian car till the nano was launched - Maruti Suzuki.

And the service experiences are all here on team bhp. I don't have to tell you who is better and by how much. I think this discussion (if you want to pursue it) should be continued elsewhere.

Last edited by greenhorn : 20th July 2009 at 14:43.
Old 20th July 2009, 14:52   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My benchmark for service is none other than the current market leader, and the maker of the cheapest indian car till the nano was launched - Maruti Suzuki.

And the service experiences are all here on team bhp. I don't have to tell you who is better and by how much. I think this discussion (if you want to pursue it) should be continued elsewhere.
I fully know your benchmark by now but then my post is also after my personal service experience wit the same market leader.
As this is a Nano thread I would prefer not to discuss too much of Maruti service here , Anyway a dedicated thread exists where we Maruti Owners discuss this topic feel free to drop in

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ap-myth-5.html (Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!)
Old 20th July 2009, 15:54   #50
Senior - BHPian

if people are worried about indian roads being flooded with nanos, imagine the plight of tata service centers then.
I'd posted more on that at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1384325

the only solution here is if tata authorizes a lot more service centers. right now, its a captive market for them, and a virtual monopoly
Old 21st July 2009, 07:01   #51
BHPian

Quote:
And here's to those poor people to enjoy the dream while they are still asleep. Soon they will have to wake up to the unpleasant realities of Tata vehicle ownership and service centers
I know dear greenhorn don't mean anything wrong he is just sharing his opinion/experiences which anyone is fully entitle to.
But dear your style is a bit ..tough or.. rough.? whatever it is like raggiing those freshers (nano dreamers). BTW ragging is banned
Old 21st July 2009, 12:11   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
they will very well enjoy the dream without fearing about nano ownership experience. even when they wake up they wont be bugged up with the vehicle issues much..

i guess the dealers and service station people should be having horror dreams. the public who will be buying a nano will be bold enough to thrash the dealers if they dont service their cars properly.
Old 29th July 2009, 22:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

I was crossing the road near Metro and was surprised to see Ashok Vichare in his Nano pull up at a traffic signal. He has already installed a front and rear crash gaurd. The Nano didn't look too bad on the road. Pretty impressive actually

PS - I'm not blanking out the numberplate since pictures of the car with the numberplate have already been published.

Realization of the Great Indian dream: First TATA Nano Delivered-img_19812.jpg

Realization of the Great Indian dream: First TATA Nano Delivered-img_19922.jpg

Last edited by khanak : 29th July 2009 at 22:17.
Old 29th July 2009, 23:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

^Nice pics, there.
The Nano looks just like any other car on the road, and that in a positive way. And of course the side view is the best.
Old 29th July 2009, 23:19   #55
Senior - BHPian

Good sighthings..Im sure Nanos will take over the roads soon..but let the deliveries happen first.
Old 30th July 2009, 12:57   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

I have seen a couple of Nano's on Hyderabad roads too. Same color though. Wondering why they are releasing the grey colored ones first. low end?

I am waiting for the yellow bug to hit the roads. Btw, due to delayed deliveries thousands of people are cancelling their bookings, it came in the papers yesterday.
Old 30th July 2009, 13:13   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Did anyone notice this quote from Mr. Tata:

Much to Tata Motor's surprise, the top-end version garnered a massive 50% of the total Nano bookings (entry level managed only 20%). Also, the Nano ended up with about 2,00,000 bookings....far lesser than the 5,00,000 prediction (Related thread).

These two developments have led to a distinct change in the Nano's positioning, to include existing car owners too.
Those 2 are very important developments alongwith quite a large no. of cancellations due to longer deliveriy period - All 3 actually are changing entire positioning of Nano. For its original positioning of giving an economical alternative to Two-wheelers, the chunk of the biz should come from entry-level variant which is not happening.

I've witnessed 1st hand, how longer delivery affects. Someone in my office started thinking about going for Nano. Visited, checked & liked the car but was put off by longer delivery period. So, he started looking for Tata Indica, Maruti WagonR, Santro etc, got TD's & everything. Guess which car he eventually bought? 2nd-hand Honda City (NHC) !! A classic case of what shape of cross-shopping happens & unpredictable nature of Indian Car Consumer.
Old 30th July 2009, 13:26   #58
Senior - BHPian

Gujarat’s 1st Nano owner owns ’48 Morris

AHMEDABAD: When Chandrasinh Parmar, a Surendranagar-based entrepreneur wanted to buy a car in 1976, he went for a Morris. Parmar, 60, who runs a
cooking gas agency, had got the vintage car cheaper than an Ambassador or a Fiat then. “I bought a 1948 model for Rs 5,500 as a new car would have cost much more,” he said.

On Tuesday, he accompanied his son Umangsinh, 30, who became the first buyer of Tata’s Nano in Gujarat, much before Gujarat itself starts rolling out the small car from the Sanand plant later this year. “We own four cars, including the vintage Morris. But, I feel really special today with a Nano,” said the younger Parmar, who drove down from Surendranagar with his father to take delivery.

“I was eager to buy this car ever since Ratan Tata made an announcement. Today, my dream has come true,” said Parmar, who drove back to Surendranagar where his arrival was eagerly awaited late in the evening. “My family is dying to take a Nano ride,” he told TOI, flashing the car keys.

Four cars were delivered in Ahmedabad on Tuesday as the dealer coped with a big rush. Vipul Thakkar, a Gandhinagar-based doctor, came along with 25 relatives to take the small car delivery. The Thakkars, who already own a Santro, celebrated the buy with an ice-cream party at their Sector-3 residence which was crowded by curious onlookers. Ahmedabad-based doctor, Mahendra Goswami, who drives a Maruti Esteem, also became a proud Nano owner.

“I decided to buy this car when Tata chose Gujarat over other states to set up the Nano plant,” he said. The fourth owner, a retired Air Force official, too owns three cars. Charanjeet Singh Walia, 68, drove down from Gandhidham in Kutch to pick up the car. “I wanted to become a part of this revolution,” said Walia, who was accompanied by his twin daughters. Tata Motors is likely to deliver nine more cars in next four days in the city.

source:TOI.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:52   #59
BHPian

Bull Bar? On a car? That too on a Nano?
Old 30th July 2009, 15:07   #60
BHPian

The Nano looks better and bigger than the WagonR in the second picture.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks