Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2007, 18:40   #121
BHPian

Hey swiftcrazy
Do what i did and it will get you immediate results. I have sent you a pm.
Send in an email to Maruti chairman with a copy to spectra. And just see the results!
And do write your entire story including the false promise dates and hilarious excuses!
Old 6th September 2007, 21:41   #122
BHPian

prskumar,
Thanks for your advice. Its not that i like one car over the other but just that its just the way the whole issue has been dealt with.

mogambo,
I think that if this continues then i will change my signature to one similar to yours

ceebeezee,
I have thought of doing this/something similar a number of times but just stop short thinking that they will just hand me a lemon.

m4ugr8,
Did you get the entire booking amount back? I remember him telling that he will be cutting 10k if i cancel the booking.
Can fellow BHPians throw some light on this?
Old 7th September 2007, 01:58   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftcrazy View Post
I am really frustrated!!!

I booked a Swift Vxi on 18 June.

On August 1, i was verbally told that they will be dispatching my ride on 7th August. It did not happen. Since then there has been no concrete date...

Its almost a month now!

I tried asking for a dispatch date on the maruti site. The only thing that i got was a system generated email acknowledging that my request that reached them.

The next time i called the dealer, he told me that i should not have done that. The time after that , he told me that i had done a good thing. Although he never gave me a date.

During all this, i have got various reasons ranging from "I have been following up with my senior manager" to "The ABS sensors have not been dispatched from japan causing delay in all cars".

I think that i reached my breaking point when a fellow BHPian who booked a Vdi on 29june (same dealer) told me that his ride has been dispatched.

I dont know what to do now. I am thinking on cancelling my booking and maybe going for a Getz.

Please tell me what should i do. Do i cancel the booking? If not then what do i do? If yes then how do i get the booking amount back?

I would really appreciate more views on the matter because my head just refuses to work. I think i am just too pi$$ed off with the frustration

Mod's Note: Please search and post in an existing thread rather than opening new ones on the same issues. Threads merged.
ouch thats a long one!

luckily for me the waiting wasnt that long
i booked my zxi on the 15th July and drove it out on 1st aug

just that you should add pressure on them, call them everyday, if that dosent work land up at the dealership and raise you voice a bit, you will see your work getting done faster
Old 7th September 2007, 11:17   #124
BHPian

Some VXI color variants area available for delivery in BLR. Do check with the dealrs. Shipment arrived last week

Edit: I dont have any commercial interest in spreading this information. Wanted to help out who are interested in getting fast delivery and enjoying the vehicle

Last edited by lambuhere1 : 7th September 2007 at 11:18. Reason: No Interest
Old 21st September 2007, 23:04   #125
BHPian

A calming visit to the dealership

Chapter 2 begins:

Was really busy for the past few days since my sister was moving to Abu-Dhabi. Due to this i did not get sufficient time to either get online or follow up with the maruti guys.

A few occasional calls to the dealership kept getting me the same response "You are No 1 on our waiting list for Swift Sunlight Copper VXI ABS". This got old pretty quickly. When my dad visited the dealership around Ganesh Chaturthi, they had skeletal staff and the lady assured my dad that she would give an update in the coming week.

Days went by and no satisfactory reply was forthcoming. So finally today i bunked college and headed to the dealership with my dad. I came to know that the salesman that i was dealing with was on leave and would be coming back only after a few days.

I demanded to see his boss and the manager. His boss "Team leader" was a yound lady who kept telling me that she was aware of my case and that it was a genuine problem from marutis end. I listened patiently. Here is what went on...

Me: What is the exact problem?
Lady: Sir there is a real problem with ABS kits. I have six deliveries pending along with yours.
Me: Is it only a Petrol problem or Diesel as well
Lady :Sir its all of them even SX4.
Me: Then how does a friend of mine who booked after me get his car dispatched?
Lady: Sir what did he book?
Me: Vdi ABS
Lady: That is a diesel sir they are different.
Me: Both of them are manufactured in the Manesar plant So if there is a problem then all ABS cars should suffer and not just petrol. Also you just said that the problem is with ABs not petrol.
Lady (Stumped): Sir that is just one of the problem. There may be others as well ... blah... blah blah...
Me: I do not want to make any noise. Just because my friend writes to Jagdish Khattar, he gets his car dispatched the same week. Am i making a mistake by talking to you patiently. I can also do that. I can write on TBHP, Autocar, Carwale, mouthshut etc. I am not in the mood to destroy the reputation of the dealership or maruti. I just want my car delivered. Is that too much to ask?
Lady (Probably scared coz i had not shaved and also not cut my hair in a long time): Ill check... (A few moments later) Sir we have a black Vxi ready in our godown...
Me: No i have made a consious choice and i will not change my preferences of either model or colour. Please give me the date on which you can deliver my car.
Lady: Sir I am sorry for all that you went through biut its really marutis fault. Maruti just does not send us the cars soits difficult for us to give a date. I will personally call you in two days about your car sir. Just give me two days.
Me: Its not the delay from maruti that i dont like. Its the way that you have handled the whole issue. I dont mind waiting but want communication to be proactive and not reactive. Is this too much to ask. I would like to know when can i get my car.
Lady: Offers tea and excuses herself for a moment. (After a minute) Sir i have checked with my Manager and will call you in a couple of days to tell you a confirmed date.
Me: I have been waiting for 3 months now. I would like a commitment. Also i would like to meet your manager.
Lady: (Excuses herself and comes back) Sir we have seen that they have scheduled a car for production on Sep 30 and we can allot the same to you provided maruti dispatched it as scheduled.
Me: OK. I need your manager to give me the same committment.
Lady: Sir he will tell you the saem thing.
Me: ITs ok. I want to hear it from him as well.

After some time... we are taken to the manager...

I tell him that i am frustrated of waiting & had a very pleasant experience with them until recently. I tell them that i even recommended a friend to book after my booking expeirence and that the fact that his car was dispatched before mine was very annoying. He seems firendly enough and apologizes for the whole ordeal. He tells me that he is aware of my case and actually shows me the booking system which shows that a car of my desire is indeed scheduled for dispatch on 30Sep. He however tells me that maruti often does not dispatch as scheduled these days and asks for a leeway of a week after this. He tells me that he will personally co-ordinate the delivery of my car. It was good talking to this guy. I think i have typed too much already. Will wait till 30Sep now. Hope to hear the good news shortly.

P.S. Good to see that a mannered but assertive approach works as well
Old 22nd September 2007, 21:13   #126
BHPian

Way to go bro!

But my 2 cents of observation - all of these guys are sweet to talk to. Did you notice any of the dealers guys angry, upset, frustrated, irritated when talking to you? NO - because they are trained to be calm in front of all sorts - an irritated but gentle customer or a frustrated angry shouting customer.

Keep up the calls to the dealer. I have PMed you my experience and advise.
Old 22nd September 2007, 21:54   #127
Senior - BHPian

In todays day and age with so much competition in the B+ Petrol Segment with Getz, UVA and MUL still has the audacity to give a 3 month waiting for a Swift VXi is totally not justified, a close friend in MUL told me that petrol Swifts are not moving and MUL is trying to create hype by showing waiting which is totally disgusting, let the Fabia, New Getz, New UVA, GP come and then we will see MUL's monoply taking a big toss.

I cant believe people even wait for 3 months for a VXi or a petrol Swift, just give your dealer the stick, nowadays VDi you get in 2 months time so 3 months for a VXi is just too insane.
Old 23rd September 2007, 02:36   #128
Senior - BHPian

A dealer who made an exhibition in our colony last week with demo cars of the swift VDi & the SX4 ZXi said that the petrol swift was available in 30 days whereas the diesel was available in 45 days. And the SX4 within 10 days.
Old 28th September 2007, 20:34   #129
Senior - BHPian

With the advet of the Getz D, lets see what is the waiting of the Swift.
Old 28th September 2007, 21:53   #130
BHPian

My colleague received delivery of SX4 ZXi (Copper) in 3 days flat. God knows what this delivery delays are about!
Old 29th September 2007, 08:08   #131
BHPian

I called a dealer in kochi and he said 3 month! I told thank u!
Old 1st October 2007, 14:56   #132

I had checked with a couple of dealers in Bangalore for SX-4 and both said it takes 2-3 months. Last week I started checking with dealers around Bangalore. The dealer in Tumkur (1 - 2 hours drive from Bangalore depending on which part of the city you are in) said he has one red ZXI available right away and I could take it if I liked the color!!!

Confirmed my booking over phone and applied for a bank loan. Went to the showroom last Saturday and paid some advance. Will be paying the full amount day after tomorrow and vehicle will be delivered before this weekend. Of course it has some small logistical issues but I thought it is better than waiting for months.

Old 1st October 2007, 16:27   #133
BHPian

Last weekend, when I went for a testdrive of SX4 at Bimal in Mahadevpura, the sales person mentioned the delivery time as 15 days for white or black and immediate delivery for all the other colours!
Old 11th October 2007, 00:52   #134
BHPian

hi swift crazy. i think u had booked u r car with spectra .if spectra then bro we wre on the same ship . sai service is much better than spectra because they receive more no. of cars than any other dealer in mumbai. spectra is pathetic . i had booked sx 4 on 8th august gwas promised delivery within 6 weeks or earlier .but got delivery only in the 7th week .after making some phone calls to regional mul office. i have heard that spectra has a reputation of alloting cars to customers who give them some gifts. u get idea. thanx.
Old 11th October 2007, 10:40   #135
BHPian

Its finally on the way

Hey man_1

Thanks for the idea dude.
Good news though, after my visit to the showroom and some assertive statements later, they finally seem to have got the message.
My car went on production as scheduled on 30 sep.
On sunday i got the msg that my car has been dispatched.
They were asking me to make the payment so that they can start the registration process as soon as the car gets here.
I had other ideas and have asked them to show me the car before i make the payment. Somehow this salesman was a bit reluctant and gave me reasons such as there are thousands of cars in the stock yard and crap.
He was to check with the supervisor and get back to me. No calls yet
I guess i will have to pay the showroom another visit.

Also i had been to sai service while making my purchasing decision. They are the ones who told me that they are taking only 10K advance and not 50K. This helped me to get the booking anount down at spectra as well. I just chose spectra due to its vicinity to my place at borivali. Well... whats done is done.
Besides i guess i will be getting Rs.600 as interest on my booking amount as announced by maruti. Fair Enough.

Will keep people updated about what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_1 View Post
hi swift crazy. i think u had booked u r car with spectra .if spectra then bro we wre on the same ship . sai service is much better than spectra because they receive more no. of cars than any other dealer in mumbai. spectra is pathetic . i had booked sx 4 on 8th august gwas promised delivery within 6 weeks or earlier .but got delivery only in the 7th week .after making some phone calls to regional mul office. i have heard that spectra has a reputation of alloting cars to customers who give them some gifts. u get idea. thanx.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks