Team-BHP - Delivery time for swift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Delivery time for swift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6192-delivery-time-swift.html)

Does anybody having any idea of delivery time for swift?I have booked Swift Vxi on 3 rd june.Also is this depend on dealer where u have booked.I have booked in Vipul Motors in faridabad.
Also not much Swifts are visible on roads.

i had made enquiries at Navnit when I went for the test drive. I was told it is 60 days. Other people have been told its 90 days by other dealers.

My cousin who supposed to get delivery before 20th june has been told that he will be getting only in the second week of july. I think there is lot of confusion on the delivery as the SWIFT has been overbooked.

Guys, keep applying the pressure by just reminding them that delivery is on 'x' date. May sound stupid.

The reason being there are chances that your turn may be passed to someone else who get the car by paying more booking amount ( though they claim that not be an delivery criteria) or come through high level recommedations.

My car delivery was promised on June 13th 2005. Once in two days, I will call the sales man to remind this. The sales man said "Sir, Why do you waste your phone call, I will let you know once the car reaches Chennai". On 12th, he said that he does not have any delivery status and will put his effort to get it on 13th.

I called the sales manager and insisted the delivery, which was full filled.

Surprise, what was your booking date?

dealers are known to make false promises so make sure that the dealer delivers your car to you not to any other chap,thats the case i saw recently with a maruti dealership in delhi.

I have seen quite a few Swifts on road in pune, also one of our family friend in Bhopal got their Swift last week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi1881
Surprise, what was your booking date?

Official Purchase order was released on 2nd June 2005. I had paid the booking amount a day or two prior to that ( do not remember the exact date)

Spectra Motors told me 2 months on the lxi and vxi and 3 months for the zxi

Pune waiting is varying from 2 months to 3.5 months depending on variant, colour and dealer from where it is being purchased ...

One of my friend has booked a VXi in red on the 8th of June through Sai Service.The car would be delivered to her by the first week of July most probably.

Off-topic: Seen quite a few of these on road off-late.There's a black one with chrome alloys which passes every night through breach kandy.Looks hot!!!!

X

My friend has booked he car 1 day after me with a different dealer in Delhi , and his dealer is asking him to take deliver today itself.
Is there any criteria of booking date or this depend on just your dealer? Model dependency does not arise since we have booked the same color and model (Silky Silver Swift Vxi).
What is the procedure of allotment of a Car with MUL itself? I mean is this fixed at MUL that car going to be delivered belongs to particular person or it is the sole discretion of the dealer to deliver car to anybody?

I have booked on 6th June, 2005. I called the sales executive twice for the delivery status. First time he told that delivery is going on for those who have booked before the 26th may and now is says for 26th to 30th june. So i feel it is moving and my turn will come shortly. MUL delivers cars to dealers and in turn dealers give the delivery to the concerned persons so it much depends on the dealer. You have to really push hard and constantly remind him. By this way he may have some impact of you in his mind back.

I have enquired with a few dealers in Bombay about the delivery time for the Vxi (non ABS) version. Most of them say "around 3 months". One guy from Sai Service even said 5 months!!. Popular Cars in Andheri gave me an option of a 'two day delivery' if I was ready to pay 25K. Ridiculous.

-- Harish

highpriest, you may conatct Ratan motors. I have booked Silky silver vxi on 6th june. Dealer usually says 2-3 months but it may not be the case actually. One who follows always succeed. You have to follow the dealer for dvelivery.