Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which Premium-Hatch will you buy?
Fiat Punto - 1.4 FIRE 169 50.45%
Hyundai I20 - 1.2 Kappa 101 30.15%
Maruti Ritz - 1.2 65 19.40%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 13:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
1) Not at all, just asked you a few questions, you replied, thanks for that.

2) Add to that, if a car is strong in powertrain manufacturer cuts on the features making it look like it loses on this account to even much cheaper cars.

3) So put your money in your mouth man, whos stopping your hand? When Baleno was launched i dont think any other car in that price range was eveb having that features, did you have choice? M800, leave it its a special case.

4) Why do you think that? I just wanted to ask you that have you changed your preference because Maruti makes such cars (you love MASS) or it was the same from beginning. That reply looked a bit funny and unique i havent read it in a long time.

5) Am not here for a war too, normal discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

6) Hyundai i20.

7) Would you say the same if Maruti had introduced Blue&Me?

8) What about power windows?
1) The offensive part was for ashwin and not you. Glad I am able to clarify.

2) Correct. Honda City Generation 3 is the prime example of that.

3) We bought Baleno is Oct 05. At that point of time competition was good enough and even Swift came with ACC. But still we opted for Baleno. Everybody recommended Optra or G2HC, but we needed Baleno.

4) Its from the beginning. Earlier it would be less of A.S & S. factor, but now its high on the list considering the quality of automotives from all manufacturers. By this I mean the genearal quality has gone down and the need for a car has increased. TSK also started a thread on this I think.

5) Good news.

6) Thanks. Thats why I requested thread starter to post a complete feature list also for instant comparison.

7) YES. I believe in simplicity ( ofcourse its relative ). Features like Central locking ( which I believe are more of convenience ), power windows, Power Steering, etc are necessity and convenience providing. But those came home, walk home, blue and me, etc are not necessary. Also I hate to talk when I am driving or doing anything with mobile when I am driving. I am surprised that a waterfall console is shown specially in case of Ritz. Its a well designed console thats all. All those models being associated with that is also a joke IMO.

8) Power windows and steering are necessity, but not USB players, electrically retrackable mirrors,..list goes on.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 19th July 2009 at 13:57.
Old 19th July 2009, 13:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

I think Punto 1.2 is not included because, it comes only in active variant, so there is no point in including it. And I agree with rest, it should include i20 1.4 and Jazz.
Old 19th July 2009, 14:03   #33
BANNED

^^ I wonder how you justify the 1.4 in this poll.
But you have only answered my question saying that "it comes only in active variant", so you/Thread starter wanted to give a clear advantage for Punto by adding the 1.4 which not only gives advantage in CC and also match the other features.

Also please include Fabia 1.2 and Jazz 1.2 which also falls in this same category.

Regarding "so there is no point in including it" . whats is the use of Poll? To know the view of the users when it comes to choose a product which having similarities in specification, in this case its a comparison of 1.2 engines.

Last edited by wildon : 19th July 2009 at 14:09.
Old 19th July 2009, 14:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Power windows and steering are necessity, but not USB players, electrically retrackable mirrors,..list goes on.
Power windows was with regard to maintainence. You said USB, Blue&Me, electric fold mirror's are all expensive to repair if they break down. So are power windows. Do you know how expensive airbags are to replace? I know you will tell me about them being safety features now. You may feel that these things are not required and unnecessary but spend just 2 days driving a car with these features and then drive a car without these features and see how you feel. Something as simple as one touch up feature on the driver's power window on the Punto has made my life so much simpler that I am starting to get irritated with the SX4 which doesn't have this feature.

We need to laud Fiat and give credit where it's due. Features like Blue&Me, coming home lights, service interval, MID were the domain of luxury and expensive cars. Fiat has brought them to common hatchback buyer's. Similar credit has to be given to Hyundai for giving electric folding mirrors on the i20. My Punto makes my feature rich SX4 look outdated now!

Quote:
For me the features like electrically folding mirrors, blue and me, USB player are not positive points. Later on maintenance can also go up with these equipments
Now I know why Maruti didn't give internal boot release, rear wash wipe and defogger on the Ritz!
Old 19th July 2009, 15:18   #35
ashwinpak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) The offensive part was for ashwin and not you.
That was not meant to offend. Just a bit of sarcasm. To drive home the point that you are taking the "less features, less maintanence" thing too far.

Old 19th July 2009, 15:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
But you have only answered my question saying that "it comes only in active variant", so you/Thread starter wanted to give a clear advantage for Punto by adding the 1.4 which not only gives advantage in CC and also match the other features.
Whats wrong with Punto 1.4, why can't it be in this poll?

Quote:
Also please include Fabia 1.2 and Jazz 1.2 which also falls in this same category.
I agree that Jazz 1.2 should be included in the poll. I have already seen 4-5 Jazz on road in Bangalore against 1 GP. So people are buying it. Same can't be said about Fabia 1.2, it is a failed product, its not latest either. So it's out.

Quote:
Regarding "so there is no point in including it" . whats is the use of Poll? To know the view of the users when it comes to choose a product which having similarities in specification, in this case its a comparison of 1.2 engines.
Punto 1.2 clearly is not a premium hatchback. It neither has premium performance nor premium features, so thats why i said there is no point adding it. This poll is not about comparing 1.2 engines. it's for comparing latest and hottest petrol premium hatches (as the thread starter wanted it to be). Someone in the market for a premium hatch is not going to look at Punto 1.2 anyway.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 19th July 2009 at 15:28.
Old 19th July 2009, 17:14   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Voted for i20 1.2 . I would like to know why Punto 1.2 is not taken in this poll instead of 1.4?

Like every other thread, is some segments of people always wants to see the Punto Leads in polls? Common Change the Punto in this poll to 1.2 and see the results.

Are you trying to fool the average buyer? by comparing 1.4 and 1.2 , if not first close this thread and start a new poll for all cars with 1.2 engine. also include Jazz 1.2.

Regarding the budget let the users decides that.. and don't take a decision behalf of them
Absolutely bang on. But sadly even with 1.4 the performance would be Ritz>i20>Punto. The Punto in the 1.4 form is also a lethargic sloth forget the 1.2. It is also unfair as the jazz is not here. Clearly in terms of performance and looks Jazz will be a winner.

The only areas where Punto would lead are Ride quality and Handling. Looks are subjective and to me i20 is the best. In terms of VFM clearly the Ritz is the best followed by Punto and then i20.

Interior plastics: i20>Ritz>Punto. PUnto's plastics are clearly of the B segment category (Wagon R and Santro) and cannot be seen in a car worth 6 Lakhs

Overall for me Ritz is the winner in Petrol.

What ever the poll results say, actual sales numbers will be an entire different story.
Old 19th July 2009, 17:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
1) Power windows was with regard to maintainence. You said USB, Blue&Me, ...
2) We need to laud Fiat and give credit where it's due. Features like Blue&Me, coming home lights, service interval, MID were the domain of luxury and expensive cars. Fiat has brought them to common hatchback buyer's. Similar credit has to be given to Hyundai for giving electric folding mirrors on the i20. My Punto makes my feature rich SX4 look outdated now!

3) Now I know why Maruti didn't give internal boot release, rear wash wipe and defogger on the Ritz!
1) To me, again I repeat, many features are such that I am not going to use them. One touch autodown is important, if SX4 has omitted that, its bad. For me so called features are not going to be used. Hence not important to me. So I post that they are not necessary. Others who use them, I hope they are enjoying them including you. Congratulations for that. There is nothing more satisfying.

2) Again MID is not what I prefer. The fuel gauge is enough for me. Similarly Ritz offers digital fuel gauge and no temperature gauge which is also bad. I would prefer simple things here. A bit odd, but its true. I dont prefer fiddling with buttons all the time. That said, I would prefer AC vent selection to be in buttons rather than rotary knobs.

3) ACI July issue has tested ZXi Ritz that has rear wash and wipe function.
So is it that diesel is not getting them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinpak View Post
That was not meant to offend. Just a bit of sarcasm. To drive home the point that you are taking the "less features, less maintanence" thing too far.
Thanks for clarification. But can we avoid sarcasm too ?
Old 19th July 2009, 17:37   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
This poll is not about comparing 1.2 engines. it's for comparing latest and hottest petrol premium hatches (as the thread starter wanted it to be). Someone in the market for a premium hatch is not going to look at Punto 1.2 anyway.

If thats the case change the thread name to "Which Premium- hatchback I should buy?"

So the users can vote for the Thread starter to choose from the list for his buy. But the funny thing is that he already chosen his buy "Punto" so whats the use of the poll ?!

Last edited by wildon : 19th July 2009 at 17:40.
Old 19th July 2009, 18:06   #40
BANNED

Also i have found another thread/poll which is similar to this.. why so much polls now for the same set of car now a days?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...your-eyes.html
Old 19th July 2009, 23:31   #41
BHPian

May i ask you why the clamour to include GP 1.2 ? Do you want to vote for it?
Like I mentioned previously AND others have mentioned, it does not have qualities that a premium hatch buyer looks for.
I can add it for your satisfaction, but it will have literally zero votes.

In any case Punto 1.4 would still be the preferred Punto variant AND it might as well be the best premium-hatch too (people's choice).
Whats your point?

Quote:
Voted for i20 1.2 . I would like to know why Punto 1.2 is not taken in this poll instead of 1.4?

Like every other thread, is some segments of people always wants to see the Punto Leads in polls? Common Change the Punto in this poll to 1.2 and see the results.

Are you trying to fool the average buyer? by comparing 1.4 and 1.2 , if not first close this thread and start a new poll for all cars with 1.2 engine. also include Jazz 1.2.

Regarding the budget let the users decides that.. and don't take a decision behalf of them
Quote:

Quote:
If thats the case change the thread name to "Which Premium- hatchback I should buy?"

So the users can vote for the Thread starter to choose from the list for his buy. But the funny thing is that he already chosen his buy "Punto" so whats the use of the poll ?!

Last edited by neotraveller : 19th July 2009 at 23:47.
Old 19th July 2009, 23:41   #42
BHPian

Target Budget for this Poll

I compiled the pricing list of the NEW premium hatches. (All prices Ex-Showroom mumbai in lakhs). The segment highlighted in BOLD is the typical target budget for this poll (as per me).

@mods, can this can be added to the 1st post?

4.05 (Ritz 1.2 Lxi)
4.13 (Punto 1.2 Active)
4.37 (Ritz 1.2 vxi)
4.63 (Ritz 1.2 vxi ABS)
4.82 (Punto 1.4 Dynamic)
5.02 (Ritz 1.2 zxi)
5.03 (i20 1.2 Magna)
5.23 (Punto 1.4 Emotion)
5.80 (Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack)
5.87 (i20 1.2 Asta)
6.10 (i20 1.2 Asta O)

7.43 (Jazz 1.2 Base)
7.66 (i20 1.4 AT Asta O)
7.73 (Jazz 1.2 Mode)
7.78 (Jazz 1.2 Active)
8.09 (i20 1.4 AT Asta O)

PS: There will be 1-2 people who will disagree and say they want to buy Jazz/i20 auto/ GP 1.2. But those would be an exception and not the norm.
Old 20th July 2009, 00:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ I wonder how you justify the 1.4 in this poll

Regarding "so there is no point in including it" . whats is the use of Poll? To know the view of the users when it comes to choose a product which having similarities in specification , in this case its a comparison of 1.2 engines.
The lowest trim of i20 P costs 480000 which is comparable to lowest trim 506000 of Punto 1.4 (ex showroom delhi). If you want Punto 1.2 it is almost 1L less than the i20 1.2. I am sure the thread creator has kept price in mind while comparin all cars and not just engine specifications.

For 20k more we get a 1.4 engine, now anyone dont say that Punto 1.4 is slower than i20 1.2 because i wont believe it
Old 20th July 2009, 01:07   #44
BHPian

i think all cars are good it depends on each person what he wantsssss so just lets just end it here plz. i love these cars. stop argueing over them. i love them alllll lolz

if i sound drunk i am notttt no really!!
Old 20th July 2009, 08:10   #45
BHPian

The punto has more gadgets than the i20? I didn't know that!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks