Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which Premium-Hatch will you buy?
Fiat Punto - 1.4 FIRE 169 50.45%
Hyundai I20 - 1.2 Kappa 101 30.15%
Maruti Ritz - 1.2 65 19.40%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 09:07   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
For 20k more we get a 1.4 engine, now anyone dont say that Punto 1.4 is slower than i20 1.2 because i wont believe it
Its not about 20k more or 1 lac less. its about what it offers on overall package of that particular variant.

And the important things is that this is a public poll, you should have shown the maturity to include all variants and brands which falls in to this. If it was a private poll i can understand what you were trying to put it.

One more thing i would like to add here.

Blue&Me is nice option, but how a manufacturer can officially promote this function when in our country is officially banned the use of Cell phone usage when driving?

Any comments on this guys?

Quote:
New Delhi - Ban extended to ban all use of cell phones when driving, including use with a hands-free unit - July 2001

Last edited by v12 : 20th July 2009 at 10:09.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

If disturbance due to talking to a person with hands free/BluenMe is concerned, then RTO should BAN audio players in the first place. Both the things are equally involving for most of the people.
Old 20th July 2009, 11:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
If disturbance due to talking to a person with hands free/BluenMe is concerned, then RTO should BAN audio players in the first place. Both the things are equally involving for most of the people.
If talking over a Bluetooth handsfree is to be banned, then driver should also be banned from talking to any of the fellow co-passengers sitting inside. Both have almost the same effect in terms of involvement. That's a stupid rule I'd say.

I am not using handsfree like it is meant to be used, but I plug my phone's handsfree directly into the stereo through aux. cable. Whenever I get a call, I can hear others through the car speakers, and talk without a mic attched to my body.

(SE W705 with a handsfree cable having the option of a normal stereo out jack, with built in mic)
Old 20th July 2009, 11:25   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Its not about 20k more or 1 lac less. its about what it offers on overall package of that particular variant.
This argument will never end. Punto 1.4 and i20 1.2 have their own goods and bads. One will have less powered engine other poor plastics as people say
Punto 1.2 comes only in one variant with no features and dont think its a match for even Swift leave alone i20.

Quote:
Blue&Me is nice option, but how a manufacturer can officially promote this function when in our country is officially banned the use of Cell phone usage when driving?

Any comments on this guys?
Tell me one thing, do you or any of your relative obediently switches off his mobile and concentrates on his safety and never picks up any call even if phone is on? On the other hand, with Blu n Me ones focus is totally on road and with the flick of a button on steering he can make and recieve calls.

Even if Fiat cant promote Blu n me, customers can see whether its useful for them or not. Cmon, if one feature in any car is improving safety we should admit it rather than finding ways out to see its useless.

Eg. Mahindra salesman told me (when i bought Scorpio) that Scorpio doesnt need Airbags as the body is too strong
Old 20th July 2009, 11:56   #50
BHPian

If the Punto & i20 were priced equally, there there was sense in arguing the goods & bads of them. But the higher pricing of i20 shifts the pointer towards Punto as a more VFM car. The difference in the interior quality (which certainly is not bad on Punto) is not as much as the price differential.
Also, interior plastic quality matter only for a few months of car purchase, afterwards, its the performance, ride, handling & FE that matter most (also the looks to an extent).
Old 20th July 2009, 16:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

the real market share and sales chart shows different scene then our poll results
1- maruti ritz
2-hyundai i20
3- fiat GP
as first two enjoy better market share and better market value then fiat in india and though fiat gives us better products with rich features, other two still enjoys thier place intact.IMO.
Old 20th July 2009, 16:07   #52
Senior - BHPian

As a enthusiastic driver
- Fiat Punto

As a sensible investor
- Maruti Ritz

Hope I am clear with my feelings..
Old 20th July 2009, 16:14   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
the real market share and sales chart shows different scene then our poll results
Bit early to determine the market share!

IMO G Punto will sell more than i20.
Need to await the July sales figures.
Old 20th July 2009, 16:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
IMO G Punto will sell more than i20.
I don't think so. July to October sales charts should be interesting.
Old 20th July 2009, 16:29   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
1- maruti ritz
2-hyundai i20
3- fiat GP
as first two enjoy better market share and better market value then fiat in india and though fiat gives us better products with rich features, other two still enjoys thier place intact.IMO.
+1, Shows clearly our forum is not a representative sample of the car buyers in India
Old 20th July 2009, 16:36   #56
BHPian

Regardless of the outcome of this poll, Actual sales picture would be:
1. Ritz
2. Punto
3. i20

Only because, Hyundai doesn't seem to be concentrating on Indian market AND have priced i20 with a little too much premium.
If they price i20 around the GP price-range then, the sales would always be Ritz > i20 > Punto

The aam junta will always tends to buy "safe car" and NOT always the "better car"

Last edited by neotraveller : 20th July 2009 at 16:42.
Old 20th July 2009, 16:40   #57

Just one question. Have seen in some replies that the difference in price between a Ritz and Punto is only 20K.

IMHO, the comparison should be between RITZ ZXI and Punto 1.4 Emotion pack. The punto 1.4 Emotion variant does not have Alloy wheels and Air bags.

If u compare GP 1.4 Emotion pack and Ritz ZXI, the price difference is almost 80K (source: carwale prices, ex Mumbai), which is a substantial difference. Similarly if u compare Ritz VXI (no air bags, no alloys etc) with GP 1.4 Emotion, the price difference is more than 20K (Again around 80K)
Old 20th July 2009, 16:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Regardless of the outcome of this poll, Actual sales picture would be:
1. Ritz
2. Punto
3. i20

Only because, Hyundai doesn't seem to be concentrating on Indian market AND have priced i20 with a little too much premium.
If they price i20 around the GP price-range then, the sales would always be Ritz > i20 > Punto

The aam junta will always tends to buy "safe car" and NOT always the "better car"
Right. A safer car is the better car for them. Finally better is always in relation to the individual needs. So it is clear that majority consumers' needs are satisfied by Ritz
Old 20th July 2009, 16:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
So it is clear that majority consumers' needs are satisfied by Ritz
Not really, it is becoz Ritz has a Maruti badge behind!
Old 20th July 2009, 17:15   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
+1, Shows clearly our forum is not a representative sample of the car buyers in India
Exactly.

1. Team-BHP is a place mainly for car enthusiasts, and they demand more than an average car buyer in India.

An enthusiast demands superior pick-up, tank-like build quality, brand value, extra spaciousness etc, while an average car buyer wants good FE, cheap spares, good VFM, good resale value, good service centers (that too near to their residence) etc.

2. Team-BHP is also a place for those who like to play the rebellion's role - those who try to make the current heroes as villains by projecting their cons rather than pros, promoting their own favourite heroes by hiding their disabilities etc. These rebels need a place to do all their activities, and find T-BHP as a suitable one because a lot of like-minded people are here.

Because of these two reasons, the polls in T-BHP may not reflect the entire India's mind. But because of the same reasons, T-BHP is the suitable place to find healthier discussions regarding the latest developments in the auto world.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 20th July 2009 at 17:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks