Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which Premium-Hatch will you buy?
Fiat Punto - 1.4 FIRE 169 50.45%
Hyundai I20 - 1.2 Kappa 101 30.15%
Maruti Ritz - 1.2 65 19.40%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 18:21   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Not really, it is becoz Ritz has a Maruti badge behind!
Thats what I am saying, aam Junta want a Maruti Badge which makes them feel they buy into a safe car and hence a better car. Brand value dear
Old 20th July 2009, 18:31   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Not really, it is becoz Ritz has a Maruti badge behind!
That badge has earned its respect over the years, hasn't it? It is not like there was some divine intervention to accord it that status one fine day!
Old 20th July 2009, 23:10   #63
BHPian

True, Maruti has earned a reputation over the years. IMO Ritz is a fine car & fulfills the need of buyers very well & is priced well too.

The i20 is also a good refined car, however Hyundai has a reputation of screwing up with prices. I also found the 1.2 to be underpowered & the steering quite uninspiring.

The Punto is comes across as a very exciting car. In terms of looks, style quotient, build quality & a phenomenal ride & handling, it is unparalleled.
The interiors could have been better (i20 levels) but considering the price & features offered, it makes good VFM.

If Punto was from Maruti stables - the same car, as it is, would have even broken Swift's record!

Honestly, I am happy with Fiat selling lower volumes than Maruti & Hyundai, cos if I were to buy a Punto, I would'nt like it to be driven by every T,D & H, just like every second person drives a Honda City (how borrrring!)
Old 1st September 2009, 23:01   #64
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the mileage comparison, anyone (may be real users) knows about the exact mileage figures of Grande Punto 1.4?
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:07   #65
BHPian

Hi Clevermax, I own 1.4 FIRE and I am driving it for past 30 days (750 KM). In city at peak hours it gives 11-11.5 km/l (AC on with bumper to bumper traffic) and at highways it gives 14-14.5 km/l (AC on).
To me these are decent figures, because I am getting more powerful engine and also Punto is heavier as compared to it's competitors.
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:32   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Apart from the mileage comparison, anyone (may be real users) knows about the exact mileage figures of Grande Punto 1.4?
Hey, thinking of an upgrade ? btb. Happy Onam too...
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:07   #67
BHPian

haven't test driven Ritz but between GP & i20, I think i20 is better in terms of interiors, looks, space, suspension. GP has a poor placement of pedals (Seemed too high to me), lacks on rear leg space, Diesel Engine was too noisy in 1st & 2nd gears.

i20 seems better, with decent build quality and excellent interiors.
Old 4th September 2009, 11:39   #68
BHPian

Are these premium hatches, I was under impression Fabia, Jazz etc are known as premium hatches. i10, Ritz, i20, Punto, Indica Vista Safire, Swift etc. are of a different league altogether
Old 7th September 2009, 17:03   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Hey, thinking of an upgrade ? btb. Happy Onam too...
Yes, not exactly an upgrade, I'll retain the the old girlfriend with me and occasionally enjoy the new one.

Hope you had a nice Onam at Blr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunpn View Post
Are these premium hatches, I was under impression Fabia, Jazz etc are known as premium hatches. i10, Ritz, i20, Punto, Indica Vista Safire, Swift etc. are of a different league altogether
Ha ha... you are placing i10 & i20 in the same league? That's funny.

Last edited by clevermax : 7th September 2009 at 17:06.
Old 8th September 2009, 01:29   #70
BHPian

I will not consider Ritz a premier car.

I recently sat in top end model of ritz. the ride is so bumpy and below avg interiors (in the class), adding to the ugly back exteriors, making the car a mess.

So, the competition is between i20 & punto. and the winner 9already confirmed by sales) is i20.

I like the line, when ntrack has said " if punto was from Maruti )i;ll prefer hyundai), it would have broken swift's record.
Old 8th September 2009, 11:04   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunpn View Post
I'll assume you haven't seen the i20 yet - exteriors, interiors, features, safety, etc.

check those out and do a fair comparison with your favorite premium hatch - is it fabia or jazz?

then let us know what you think. you don't have to go too far for it. read sidindica's thread here on navarathna petrol hatch comparisons.

still not convinced, go to a hyundai showroom and sit inside i20 in case you haven't.
Old 9th September 2009, 18:13   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrack View Post
Honestly, I am happy with Fiat selling lower volumes than Maruti & Hyundai, cos if I were to buy a Punto, I would'nt like it to be driven by every T,D & H, just like every second person drives a Honda City (how borrrring!)
The only time you'll get dejected(as a FIAT owner) is during the time of selling & during waiting for spares(for months) !
Old 13th September 2009, 10:57   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrack View Post
I have the exact same thought. You have road presence when driving a Punto, while every other car is a Swift VDi. Swift has lost its specialty. Punto won't lose it because it will always sell in quite less numbers than Marutis and Hyundais. I like it that way.

And yes, if it was Maruti Punto , the waiting period will be easier counted in years than months. There will be a black market too, like the movie tickets are sold when they are released.
Old 14th September 2009, 12:54   #74
BHPian

Agreed that i20 interiors are of better quality....but they do come at a premium, also I don't quite like the colour scheme.
Punto's interior is well laid out & is chunkier, giving a sporty feel. Some bits need improvement.

But when we talk about a package, Punto is hard to beat.

One gets used to the interiors in a months time & then what really matters is how the car drives, how comfortable & fuel efficient it is.
Old 14th September 2009, 13:19   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
You have road presence when driving a Punto, while every other car is a Swift VDi. Swift has lost its specialty. Punto won't lose it because it will always sell in quite less numbers than Marutis and Hyundais.
I feel it as a loser's cry. IMO, the Swift has not lost its charm. Moreover, it will keep its charm for a long time. Such a superior design it is. If it was an ordinarily designed car like 800, Alto, Wagon-R, Santro, Getz, Indica or Palio, the point you are saying is correct. But Swift is in a different league in terms of design, I think. The more you see it, the more you like to see it.

And regarding Punto, I'm sure its sales will settle at 500 per month, once its novelty factor is ended. FIAT has a long way to go in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks