Team-BHP - C segment options
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   C segment options (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6196-c-segment-options-2.html)

@scorp, it would do well if you list down your priorities before making a decision. People here can help you if you tell them what you are looking for in the car.
e.g. Fuel Eff., Ride quality, interior, prestige symbol, performance, space, maintenance, A/S/S, resale value, budget, etc etc.

Each car will have some plus and minus, so it would be better if you prioritize these first.

Lancer is a great car. I used to have one for more than 4 years. Excellent in all aspects, still I do not know why this did not pick up.

shouldn't this thread be shifted to 'What Car ?' ?

Go with Indigo Euro3

I have seen one in Pune with Pune registration
so most probably they are selling Euro3 model in Pune

Even Ikon is a good car
test drive it really nice one
but its a pretty outdated car

I think almost all C segment cars are in for an ovehaul except maybe the NHC (although a NHC 1.5 EXi would be nice) and the Optra 1.6 (although in size it is D segment). The Aveo, Fabia, New Baleno, and updated Accent should all be out by Dec 2006.

Replies from Navin and Scorp are the reasons behind my mind when i started this thread. Most of the mentioned and existing options are not as good and are to be overhauled. This segment is not a happening one as the D. My point.

Quote:

The Aveo, Fabia, New Baleno, and updated Accent should all be out by Dec 2006.
what new baleno ? i dont think there is any new baleno coming out ..where did you hear of the new baleno ?

Fabia is worth a wait ...

Oh and today i saw 2 Zebra striped Aveos without the the chevy badging or anything in gurgaon .. are they test cars by any chance ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorp
Guys, i desparately need some help in choosing my new car. I have a budget of 6L. I have tested almost all the possible options and my observations are

1. Baleno :
Pathetic plastic interiors
Outdated head/tail lamps
5.9 L on road in Pune

2. Petra ELX PS
Terrific car, fully loaded.
Pathetic company. i'm not confident fiat would be around for long
Pathetic back seat.

3. CORSA 1.4 GSi
SMALL and cramped
Great new beige interiors
good for city driving

4. Accent GLE
Terrible ride quality
no fun driving it.

5. Ikon
yet to test.

any help in making the decision would be appreciated

1. you found baleno interiors pathetic then how could you digest petras interiors.as for interiors are concerned the new beige interiors are in the accent are best among all the cars mentioned above.
2.if you are looking for the fun to drive factor there is no direct rival to the ford ikon 1.6.
3.baleno is most fuel efficient among all these cars by a huge margin.and also its the fastest.
4.corsa has the best ride followed by the baleno,petra and ikon have near perfect balance between ride and handling,accent is most softly sprung very sober at low speeds but bounces and tends to bottom out on bad roads at speed.crdi variant has far better ride than petrol ones.
5.most cars here are fully loaded.look out for ht. adjustable seats and steering.
6.petra is only one here with good ground clearance.most others will hit speed breakers.
7.for cost of maintainance and service petra and accent are cheapest.consider the rear view mirror for baleno costs Rs.7500,but the accent's rear view miror costs only Rs.1300.

MY CHOICE-ford ikon 1.6(biased)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adya33

Even Ikon is a good car
test drive it really nice one
but its a pretty outdated car

how can you call ikon outdated when most cars in this segement are of same age,indigo was launched late but has nothing modern about it,the only new generation car in the segement is the new honda city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
The Aveo, Fabia, New Baleno, and updated Accent should all be out by Dec 2006.

dec 2006 is too far buddy most people here will buy a new car and dump it by then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
Oh and today i saw 2 Zebra striped Aveos without the the chevy badging or anything in gurgaon .. are they test cars by any chance ?

even i saw a couple of striped aveo s here in noida last week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman
even i saw a couple of striped aveo s here in noida last week.

ditto .. saw one striped aveo outside Sec-18 ..how many are they ?
where can they be testing those cars in Delhi ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman
how can you call ikon outdated when most cars in this segement are of same age,indigo was launched late but has nothing modern about it,the only new generation car in the segement is the new honda city.

when you consider its international age
then yes Ikon is old car

But the international age of Baleno as well as the accent has already reached a decade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adya33
when you consider its international age
then yes Ikon is old car

then also consider petra has interiors dating back to 98,accent has already been replaced internationally not for the first but for second time and i am not sure if this baleno what maruti is selling here sells anywhere else than india or any other third world country.