Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2005, 14:48   #76
Senior - BHPian

You have told us what cars you have shortlisted, but havent specified your requirements.

Perhaps the team will be able to help you out better if they knew your requirements - for eg., is there a specific reason why you are looking at two estates - the Indigo Marina and the Fiat Adventure? Is your requirement utility, or is it performance or flashy looks and presence?

Last edited by Steeroid : 2nd July 2005 at 14:49.
Old 2nd July 2005, 15:29   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
You have told us what cars you have shortlisted, but havent specified your requirements.

Perhaps the team will be able to help you out better if they knew your requirements - for eg., is there a specific reason why you are looking at two estates - the Indigo Marina and the Fiat Adventure? Is your requirement utility, or is it performance or flashy looks and presence?
Hi, I am looking for mid sized card ...

so hence slected sedan - baleno, petra et all

However I realised - why not Marina, afterall car is just a utility and if I can everything in one VFM package then y not?

Adventure sports is a different breed altogther - love at first sight kind of stuff! Just want to make sure that if I go for it..would it be a wise decision !

My budget is max 7 lacs with all frills aka music system/alloys in case not there in stock car, seat covers etc

I know..its not a straight like thinking but this is what I have.
Old 2nd July 2005, 16:00   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73
Hi, I am looking for mid sized card ...

so hence slected sedan - baleno, petra et all

However I realised - why not Marina, afterall car is just a utility and if I can everything in one VFM package then y not?

Adventure sports is a different breed altogther - love at first sight kind of stuff! Just want to make sure that if I go for it..would it be a wise decision !

My budget is max 7 lacs with all frills aka music system/alloys in case not there in stock car, seat covers etc

I know..its not a straight like thinking but this is what I have.
Indigo Marina is terrific VFM and I think the Euro III engine has adequate performance as well. If you dont like the size, the Indigo would be a very good choice as well - the diesel is frugal and the petrol has enough performance to serve normal, non-racing requirements.

As for the Adventure or other Fiat products, one would need a good astrologer to figure out whether it would be a wise decision or not. I would suggest that you go for other vehicles with similar attributes, unless you like to gamble and/or live dangerously.

The Accent GLS (1.6, not the 1.5 GVS) and CRDi are also good choices in this segment, though the CRDi may be out of your budget - I hear the Viva CRDi is cheaper. You get excellent levels of quality, troublefree performance and great support.

And then finally you have your original choice, the Baleno which is excellent VFM now. Its a Maruti, so you have peace of mind coupled with a peppy engine if you can live with its fragile build.
Old 2nd July 2005, 16:12   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
-I hear the Viva CRDi is cheaper. You get excellent levels of quality, troublefree performance and great support.
Viva CRDi is a great buy ..a price tag of 6.7lacs was quoted to me last week (New Delhi ) .. great low end torque , FE is really good .. even viva CRDi doesnt come with as many features as the Accent CRDi .. but at that price its a VFM car ..
i think the notchback looks much better than the accent ..
Old 2nd July 2005, 19:37   #80
BHPian

Viva CRDI in hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
Viva CRDi is a great buy ..a price tag of 6.7lacs was quoted to me last week (New Delhi ) .. great low end torque , FE is really good .. even viva CRDi doesnt come with as many features as the Accent CRDi .. but at that price its a VFM car ..
i think the notchback looks much better than the accent ..
Viva CRDI looks good no doubt and on top of efficiency of Diesal hoever it is close to 7.5 in hyderabad on road :(
Old 3rd July 2005, 02:44   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73
BHP Team,

I am looking for your guidance -

First of the block I looked at Ikon, Accent, Baleno and finalised on Baleno considering overall good driveblity of Baleno..straight torque curve as u guys call it ! Ikon just as good for low end torque, Accent is just average in all departments and on top of it both cars do not give buit to last feeling. Corsa out....coz its bit cramped from inside.

Then I had a look at Marina, considering value for money offering from TATA - more to find out what it is, considering it looked decent from outside on top of it economy of diesal. Loved the car esp. BS III with 70 BHP and improved interiors though they are not refined as u would expect.

Tried petra too but the moment I saw Adventure sports, I really loved it.

So the main question is

I would love to buy Fiat car - essentially for solid buid and good handling on bad roads however I am not too sure abt A.S.S. resale is not a issue for me, is it really bad as ppl. make it out to be - i have no first hand experience. I visited Anroop motors and only thing I noticed was lack of customers here in Hyderabad.

I am getting 20 K discount on petra both EL and ELX 1.6 to bring the price to 5.5 for EL and 5.8 for ELX on road.

Adveture Sport 1.6 is 6.4 on road.

Baleno LXI is comming to 5.88 on road

Marina LX is 6 on road.

I would love to own Fiat..esp adventure sports or fully loaded Petra ELX but is it worth with their A.S.S., wat if I have to move from Hyderabad to Delhi or Chennai, how is support there? Considering that Fiat is seemingly trying to back in scene with new launches, new MD and recently increasing their holding in Fiat india.

Or should I stick with baleno - negative points - flimsy body, poor crash record, pricy spares.

or Trusted VFM Marina - or is it really a VFM?

Your views pls.

Vivek
Hi Vivek,
My first car was a fiat Uno...excellant car like all cars that fiat makes....bought in Hyd through the Sureka Motors. Over the past 5 years, I have seen the Fiat Service go from Bad to worse...And I have sampled both Anuroop and Sureka.....do not expect to get your car back on time ever and make sure that you run around the workshop with a list of things that you wanted to get done. Things came to such a head that I even started marking Tyres out with a Pen (F/R F/L R/R, R/L etc) to make sure that they surely got rotated. More than once Anuroop charged me without doing the rotation. Normaly a fiat owner needs at least 2.5-3 hours to pick up the car after service as invariably something or the other would have gone worng..some fuse will be missing, CL would have gone kaput, ..... thrugh three services they never even once filled water in my battery (It was not Maintenance free) and I had to replace a fully dry (ALL CELLS) battery withing 24 months of buying the car.... I had a fiat 4 year warranty but they ask for so much paperwork that you want to become a civil lawyer since you get so much hagling practice free with fiat anyway...... So please assume that there is no service after you buy the car...and god forbid if you buy...NEVER get the car services before a long drive as the act of service will mean that some problem with the car would crop up...whether because someone forgot to replace a nut/plug or someone flicked a fuse and you realise in the thick of the night that your horn does not work and same is the case is with headlights as well...!!!

Recently bought a Baleno and sales and service are on an entirely different plane altogether...people listen to you and make a genuine effort to make you satisfied...fitted the car with 14 inch alloys and goodyear Eagle NCT 5 185/65 R 14 tyres and the car runs very well...a boy racer c-seg if there ever was one to take over from the OHC...so far so good...
Old 4th July 2005, 01:09   #82
Senior - BHPian

I paid 5.20 Ex showroom in Hyderabad for a Baleno. Bought from Varun who is supposed to be the best dealer in hyd.
Old 4th July 2005, 01:20   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
I paid 5.20 Ex showroom in Hyderabad for a Baleno. Bought from Varun who is supposed to be the best dealer in hyd.
Hi, can you pls. tell me on road price of Baleno LXI in hyderabad that you paid. I am also in hyderabad and would like to get the best deal - the best I got is 5.88 on road. Did you get better rubber and alloys and if yes, I would like to touch base with you. I can be contacted at 9866349725.

Thanks

Vivek
Old 4th July 2005, 01:55   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Why the hell is BomBay Ex-showroom 6.11 for LXI ?
A difference of 90k sounds too much.
Old 4th July 2005, 16:16   #85
BHPian

Considering the safety aspects which would be the safest car in the C segment. Most or all cars in this category doesnt have ABS, Airbags etc even as optional features!
I was thinking Optra 1.6 LS had these as optional, but the specs say "NA". means safety "NA".
Btw is it not important to have ABS? (i shall be referring to other threads on this, if any. Even the corolla at 11L doesnt have this!!!)

Is there any hint on any Toyota product for the C segment?

Last edited by readonly : 4th July 2005 at 16:18.
Old 4th July 2005, 16:41   #86
BHPian

Having ABS and airbags does not guarantee the safety of a car.
Actual crash tests need to be done, to determine the safety.
Don't know when India will have a crash test regulations in place.
Old 4th July 2005, 16:44   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by readonly
Considering the safety aspects which would be the safest car in the C segment. Most or all cars in this category doesnt have ABS, Airbags etc even as optional features!
I distinctly remember Accent 1.6 GTX with ABS. Why don't you check it? I am not sure about airbags though.
Old 4th July 2005, 16:51   #88
BHPian

The general thumb rule on safety apart from ABS etc, is
1. European cars
2. American cars
3. Japanese cars, Tata cars
4. Korean cars, HM/MM vehicles.

Hyundai's cars have very low rating apart from getz...dont know about sonata
Old 4th July 2005, 17:02   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
The general thumb rule on safety apart from ABS etc, is
1. European cars
2. American cars
3. Japanese cars, Tata cars
4. Korean cars, HM/MM vehicles.

Hyundai's cars have very low rating apart from getz...dont know about sonata
The impression that Korean vehicles have a lower safety record has changed outside. Today they are as much in the forefront of technology as any of the other mentioned. As for American cars, the less said the better - I dont know how they were rated at (2) above...more metal does not mean more mettle.
Old 4th July 2005, 17:10   #90
BHPian

Americans have very strict safety regulations.
Apparently this was where the crash tests were first introduced.
Seat belts are a good example.
Maybe american cars have suspect handling but their cars are sure safe,
else they would have been banned in america.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks