Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 09:48   #16
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinpak View Post
There a fight starts. So sad that some people cannot live without them.
Helloooooooo! Scroll back up the thread and see who started it.

Old 20th July 2009, 09:56   #17
BANNED

Why MARUTI is advertising K-Series Engine not any car in media?
Well Bajaj, Hyundai, Ford etc have already done it. Maruti is following the trend. Why take any tension? Do we need to continue this discussion?
Old 20th July 2009, 10:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

whats the purpose of this thread? Its a new engine and a good engine... why not?
Old 20th July 2009, 10:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinpak View Post
There a fight starts. So sad that some people cannot live without them.

BTW, are you sure that petrol Ritz outsells the diesel Ritz by 70:30? Source please.
Here you go with the source lest you should say, it is a factless comment.
:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

Now don't say ACI is not a valid source
Old 20th July 2009, 11:30   #20
BHPian

They are contradicting

They are contradicting their Ex CEO who once said

People buy cars & not engines..

Perhaps they are inspired by Hyundai ..Kappa engine ads.
Old 20th July 2009, 12:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Its a very good move by Maruti to publicise K series Engines. Not many are aware of the benefits in terms of FE that these engines are giving in A star & Ritz. With these engines in the market for quite sometime and good & positive reviews from owners, this is high time Maruti tries to take the cake (like Hyundai did with SRK using Kappa).
Also, now that Zen Estilo is round the corner with K series launch, guess this is high time that they tell the normal people (who donot follow technology like BHPians do) the benefits of this engine and the need for premium if charged by Maruti.

Good move Maruti, your K series engine is anyway reporting better FE as compared to Kappa (as reported by users on this forum itself)
Old 20th July 2009, 12:48   #22
BHPian

"Its a very good move by Maruti to publicise K series Engines."

+1 to that Tanwaramit. Nothing wrong in advertising new engines. Engines are vital part of all automobiles. Its a move to educate people about the new engines . Not only the benefits of FE, but also the future emission norms are being displayed. Engines should be given equal importance while advertising (not just the looks) IMHO.

Last edited by mnhegde : 20th July 2009 at 12:58.
Old 20th July 2009, 13:44   #23
ashwinpak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Helloooooooo! Scroll back up the thread and see who started it.
In my post I avoided using the name of the manufacturer since I feared that it will start another fight. I mentioned that in the post also. Some people see red in everything; not my concern, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Here you go with the source lest you should say, it is a factless comment.
:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

Now don't say ACI is not a valid source
I asked for the source because it was a bit hard to believe that. Since I had read in this forum that the Swift diesels outsell the petrol, there was no reason for me to believe that it is the other way in the case of Ritz. Oh yes, I can trust ACI.

Old 20th July 2009, 15:09   #24
BHPian

If am right, Bajaj did the same with there Delta series engine for there KB100 RTZ.
Old 20th July 2009, 15:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

As other companies did already, maruti is now doing it with their all new kb series engine which is ready for new norms, better fuel efficiency and third may be to take out DDiS hype and buyers to shift to better petrol engine.IMO.Addition to the petrol v/s diesel ritz sells yes i can atleast say this by looking at a stockyard of maruti where ritz were readily available in ddis engine and petrols were on waitlist.
Old 20th July 2009, 16:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

One perspective of looking at it could be, as being already discussed on this thread, that since others have done it, Maruti can do it too.

The other being to introduce a certain engine already being used in some cars, so that they can say at the time of introducing the same engine on another car that they have used the particular engine.

It is better to say Swift now has a K-series engine rather than saying Swift now has Ritz's engine.

Even earlier when the Esteem was launched on the 1000 bodyshell, they advertised the engine, saying ACE and all that (standing for All-Aluminium Contemporary Engine). This was to highlight the key difference between the Esteem and the 1000.
Old 20th July 2009, 17:23   #27
BHPian

Engine spec comparison

Now that MSIL Kb series engines would be deployed more widely, can the more knowledgeable members compare the specs of Kia/Hyundai K series Engine spec (1.2L) and MSIL (1.2l) Kb series engine in this or in a more appropriate thread?
I have tried to tabulate the basic features and data as available from the automobile sites, but feel that more expert interpretation would be needed.
Cheers
Old 20th July 2009, 19:06   #28
BHPian

Guys correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that Fiat gets anything from Suzuki for multijet engine. I remember that Suzuki got the rights to use that engine from GM and GM got that in 2006 as compensation when the merger/buyout talks with fiat failed.

And as GM holds substantial share in Suzuki, i don't think Suzuki would have paid anything to GM.
Old 20th July 2009, 21:43   #29
jpm
BHPian

IIRC, MSIL tried the same earlier with the switch to all-aluminium from the traditional block for the esteem-maruti1000-zen variety, though not as conspicous as K-serier ads.

also, as someone already mentioned, have read somewhere that Jagdish Khattar once famously said "People buy cars, not engines". It was supposed to have been aimed at Tata or Hyundai, cant remember.
Old 20th July 2009, 22:23   #30
BANNED

I read in some thread that the Swift will get the M series engine. If you in alphabetical order K comes after G and M comes after K. So is this M series engine more advanced than the K series? AFAIK the first alphabet is the series, the numbers are the engine capacity and the final alphabet is the version. Example F8B, F10B. Besides F,G,K&M are there any other series of Suzuki engines. Also I checked my Swift VDI engine. There is no Fiat written anywhere. The engine is called DDiS.

Most Viewed