Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 10:46   #16
BHPian

To me dzire is an utter 'ugli'zation of so much beautiful swift.
I wud be surpised if the sale crosses two digits if Dzire ever goes to international market.
I think all the hatch-converted-sedans like Dzire, Indigo etc. will have market only in India due to craziness to own a dicky waali gaadi here.

I think I should be ready for ..

Just my do paisa.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
due to craziness to own a dicky waali gaadi here.
Not necessarily, dzire is more comfortable than swift. The reclination of seats in the rear gives you lot of comfort. Three people in the swift is a tight fit, whereas three people in dzire is a just fit.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:52   #18
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

the reclination of the seats in the dzier compared to the swift is a joke if one compares it with both the seat inclination and the leg room of the Manza. So now why go for one, especially with the Manza having the higher rated version of the engine as well at a similar price as the Dzire.
Old 17th November 2009, 13:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

While comparing between cars of other brands, this might be true. Between the swift and the dzire, dzire is more comfortable. There is no denying this.
Old 18th November 2009, 19:24   #20
BHPian

I personally dont prefer the dzire.. other sedans are towering over it now.. with the launch of Linea and Manza, the Dzire ques are surely going to be trimmed to a great extent.. linea(www.fiatlinea.com) however being priced a little higher, the Manza (Indigo Manza) is proving to be the showstealer in the market today ... check out the comparison.. Overdrive • View topic - Swift Dzire vs Tata Manza
Old 18th November 2009, 20:06   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Agreed that the DZire has the USP to propel sales and profits for the company but the bare truth is that among the newer launches by MSIL, only the Swift and Dzire sell well. Even their Japanese MD based at Delhi/Gurgaon quoted this point when the annual results were out for 2008-09 sometime in April. He had said that MSIL cannot ride piggyback on its success permanently with only two products viz. Swift and Dzire.
Old 18th November 2009, 22:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

yeah, the dzire doesnt look good, short on space etc. But I own one and let me tell you that the ownership experience has been more than satisfying. Now with the Manza here, people woud naturally say that the manza is better. I'm not debating that. The manza is bigger,better. It also costs more and will have much lesser fuel efficiency than the dzire diesel due to its bigger powerplant. If you are in the market for a diesel sedan with decent features { say power windows, audio system etc} and great fuel efficiency, there is simply no other car other than the dzire below 7 lakhs. Now, hondas, toyotas and even hyundais are obviously better cars and carry a hefty price tag too. I have done about 20,000 kms in a span of 1.7 yrs, have touched the top speed of 160kmph on more than a few occasions, still ending up with a fuel efficiency of 15kmpl in the city and 17 in highways. And the the service standards are excellent too! Most important, the gearbox is a joy to use! I have driven logans, indigos and even palios, but this gear box is so precise! The dzire is a practical car not a flamboyant one! If I had the extra cash, in today's market I would have bought the linea, no debating on that! But for under 7 lakhs this has to be the best practical diesel sedan in the country and one lakh cars have been sold in 15 months is a proof to this fact.
Old 19th November 2009, 16:02   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
yeah, the dzire doesnt look good, short on space etc. But I own one and let me tell you that the ownership experience has been more than satisfying. Now with the Manza here, people woud naturally say that the manza is better. I'm not debating that. The manza is bigger,better. It also costs more and will have much lesser fuel efficiency than the dzire diesel due to its bigger powerplant. If you are in the market for a diesel sedan with decent features { say power windows, audio system etc} and great fuel efficiency, there is simply no other car other than the dzire below 7 lakhs. Now, hondas, toyotas and even hyundais are obviously better cars and carry a hefty price tag too. I have done about 20,000 kms in a span of 1.7 yrs, have touched the top speed of 160kmph on more than a few occasions, still ending up with a fuel efficiency of 15kmpl in the city and 17 in highways. And the the service standards are excellent too! Most important, the gearbox is a joy to use! I have driven logans, indigos and even palios, but this gear box is so precise! The dzire is a practical car not a flamboyant one! If I had the extra cash, in today's market I would have bought the linea, no debating on that! But for under 7 lakhs this has to be the best practical diesel sedan in the country and one lakh cars have been sold in 15 months is a proof to this fact.

what you have spoken of can only be experienced and not observed.. on the surface the manza is a much better deal than the dzire... about handling, performance and fuel efficiency.. that can be endorsed after say 3 to 4 months of driving..
Old 19th November 2009, 18:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
its tru, looking to the overpriced cars this time. People have no choice but to buy a Dzire which apart from built quality, really gives what everybody wants, FE, price, gizmos, diesel, *** (after all its a maruti).

3 cheers to that.

No other car is having above features.
Beg to differ, the manza is far better on features at the same (or cheaper?) price.Besides Bijoy Kumar Y is just a glorified MSIL sales agent who appears more qualified because he's an auto journo.But I can read between the lines when he praises Maruti.For me , the Dzire is just a success because "jab khuda meherbaan, tab gadha pehelwaan" .The success of the Dzire It is one of the unique things about India that even I am yet to figure out..
(No offence meant to those people who put down their hard-earned money for a Dzire)

Most Viewed