Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2009, 21:29   #31
BANNED

i thought pay hike is a good thing in these times of recession. even then striking.
Good thing the factory is not in kerala. if it was hyundai would have left India for good.

any idea on why the strike despite the hike?

Please dont tell me the strike is due to CITU being not recognised by the company!!

isnt the CITU guys trouble everywhere?? no offence meant please take it in the positive sense
Old 25th July 2009, 23:08   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
In case of Toyota, a superior ( I think manager or supervisor ) was attacked by workers. Those who were culprits were sacked and issue became strike. That is bad IMHO.
The supervisor was not attacked. What happened was a shop floor guy who get to drive the car to the yard, had an accident with the car and was suspended as a disciplinary action by the management. However, as you know the labour group took the opportunity to create pains for everybody.

Personally I would encourage the union only for the constructive work and absolutely not to go against the management. I for one believe Toyota is not a company which exploits its workmen.
Old 26th July 2009, 06:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8700 View Post

Please dont tell me the strike is due to CITU being not recognised by the company!!

isnt the CITU guys trouble everywhere?? no offence meant please take it in the positive sense
From what I read, it seems like CITU is trying to muscle in. CITU leadership is a bunch of outdated old fogies. And if they are offended by reading this, I would be surprised, because they are very thick skinned as well. Besides, if they read as widely as reading this forum, they would not be who they are.
Old 10th October 2009, 17:11   #34
BHPian

Strike Called By Permanent Workers ( 2,000 Permanent Workers ) Source: CNBC-TV18
Old 30th November 2009, 20:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Apparently there's another strike coming up at Hyundai. Will the labor unions ever learn from history.

Hyundai workers insist on strike, seek govt intervention- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 29th November 2011, 21:13   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Strike @ Hyundai India

Workers threaten strike at Hyundai's Chennai plant

"Trouble is brewing Hyundai Motor India Ltd's (HMIL) plant here with a section of workers threatening to go on strike from tomorrow demanding reinstatement of 18 sacked colleagues"

Workers threaten strike at Hyundai's Chennai plant - The Economic Times
Old 30th November 2011, 14:36   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

"Eighteen sacked employees of Hyundai Motor India Ltd's (HMIL) plant here were arrested today after they tried to stage a protest in front of the factory to demand their reinstatement"

18 sacked Hyundai employees try to stage protest, arrested - The Economic Times
Old 30th November 2011, 14:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Stike again exactly Two years later does it have to do with half yearly pay, etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks