Team-BHP - ANHC E-MT Production Stopped?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   ANHC E-MT Production Stopped? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/62284-anhc-e-mt-production-stopped.html)

Contemplating on picking up a Honda City E-MT. No no i am not selling the Bolero. This is for the better half. She dosent like the hatchbacks and prefers saloon cars.

Anyways thats not the issue.

Issue is Dakshin Honda, Bangalore tells me "Sir, E-MT version stopped production. No longer available..."

What? It shows on your website.

Not available sir. Only S-MT and the S-AT.

You sure.

Yes Sir. I will confirm with Whitefield Honda too and let you know.

He hasnt called since. This is today 24th July 2009.

Is this true or is the salesperson pulling a fast one?

They stopped the production of the E-variant to make room for the Jazz. Now you only get the S variant and they may introduce a V variant soon.

Expect V-MT to hit the showroom in Oct.

Oh... so its true. Thanks guys.

There goes my plans for picking up one. The S-MT is almost 60k more then the E-MT. And dosent even come with alloys.

My dad picked a S-MT for a good price. Now its nudging 10 lakhs wth alloys. Insane price and not worth it.

Whats wrong with Honda.

Am also in the process of buying an S MT Honda City.

Acc. to my dealer (Olympia Honda) sales exec, S MT variant deliveries are getting delayed, as the new variant (likely with illuminated ORVMs, ACC, leather seats, etc as per his info; and no alloys) will be introduced next month (August onwards)

Spitfire, just curious: why are you ditching your plan to buy one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1399674)
There goes my plans for picking up one. The S-MT is almost 60k more then the E-MT. And dosent even come with alloys.

The base versions of the City & Civic have been discontinued. I confirmed this today during the Jazz TD. The Jazz will now occupy the space of the base City and the top end city will occupy the space of the base Civic. The Civic will be pushed up. Alloys are available for the Jazz & City at Rs11,000 only per wheel.:Shockked:

I am not able to get what exactly Honda is trying to achieve. Already City is quite steeply priced. And now the entire scenario gets tilted against G3HC. Its only India where many manufacturers can act like this.
And where will 1.5 Jazz i.e. reported to be coming will end up ? Above City ?

Honda wants City to take place of Civic and Jazz to take place of City. This is not possible with the current products they have at hand. I think they will sell City as a Civic and the Civic will be in range of Rs. 13-15 lakh. Below it will be City and less than that will be jazz.

The City brand is strong, but I doubt the sustainability over long term if pricing continues to be messed up like this.

Spitfire, why buy a new City E variant when you can get a fully loaded pre-owned Civic for the same price? Your better half could also fall in love with an automatic tranny!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1399674)
My dad picked a S-MT for a good price. Now its nudging 10 lakhs wth alloys. Insane price and not worth it. Whats wrong with Honda.

What's wrong is that there is no Toyota to challenge them in this territory. They know anything Honda will sell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1399616)
Issue is Dakshin Honda, Bangalore tells me "Sir, E-MT version stopped production. No longer available..."

Couple of weeks back I got the same answer from TVS coimbatore. I think Honda does not want Jazz-City price overlapping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaostheory (Post 1399808)
Spitfire, just curious: why are you ditching your plan to buy one?

Somehow the 10 lakh+ price just dosent seem right.

With some discounts and alloys i could have landed a E-MT for 9.1 OTR in Bangalore.

For the S-MT with alloys it would still not get below 10 lakhs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live To Jive (Post 1399901)
The base versions of the City & Civic have been discontinued.

Yes, now we will get City V-MT (again no alloys). And facelifted(??) Civic for more.

Quote:

The Civic will be pushed up. Alloys are available for the Jazz & City at Rs11,000 only per wheel.:Shockked:
Thats true. And that is the deal breaker for me. I am in love with those alloys and cant think of owning a City without them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1400106)
fully loaded pre-owned Civic for the same price?

Good suggestion and i was thinking about that too. But my wife thinks the Civic is too much of a Look At Me Car. :D And she dosent prefer a preused one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBlazer (Post 1400251)
They know anything Honda will sell.

I dont like Honda for this. But hey they make much much better products then the competition, no cutting corners and i believe they deserve what they demand. Only problem its way too much for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agbenny (Post 1401915)
I think Honda does not want Jazz-City price overlapping.

Exactly. The price difference between the E-MT and the Jazz was about 60 k.

Thanks everyone for all the answers. Now to wait for the Golf. :)

I have a feeling that Honda are running near full production capacity. The Rajasthan plant is delayed. So why not drop the cheaper variants!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1402960)
Now to wait for the Golf. :)

Err, I hope you mean the VW Polo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karanraheja (Post 1403429)
Err, I hope you mean the VW Polo.

Oh yes, thanks the Polo. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 1402965)
I have a feeling that Honda are running near full production capacity. The Rajasthan plant is delayed. So why not drop the cheaper variants!

I doubt that. They produced a total of about 52k cars in the last fiscal, and about 32.5k in the first 6 months of this calender year. Against a total capacity of 100000 cars, even if you consider the festive season boost, they will still be left with some spare capacity.

I think they are trying to bump up the prices of each models, so slowly moving to higher versions. I have no issues with that, but what annoys is that only the price goes up and not the features offered :Frustrati