Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2009, 06:45   #1
BHPian

Landrover LRX to be manufactured in India

This could be the best news in a long long time.According to carwale.com/blog tata is considering producing LRX in India whic could mean we could get Landrover for crv money.Kudos to Tata.
Old 25th July 2009, 07:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

what is LRX?

The next car on my list to buy is the Land Rover Defender 110 SW. Hope Tata brings it here
Old 25th July 2009, 07:05   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Another SoftRoader !!

Great ! Another Softroader

India is awash with softroaders. What we need is the Defender !!
Old 25th July 2009, 11:55   #4
BHPian

This is probably one of those publicity things by carwale, probabaly not going to happen. Doesn't the deal with Ford include some contingency where they cant move production to India for the next 5 years or so?
Old 25th July 2009, 12:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

IF ever produced, the LRX is going to be the best looking SUV in the world. Just look at the concept!
Attached Thumbnails
Landrover LRX to be manufactured in India-_landroverlrxconcept1lg.jpg  

Old 25th July 2009, 12:09   #6
BHPian

If it's true, its good news. However would definitely like to see some real off-roaders from the LR/RR stable being produced here.
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:50   #7
BHPian

Just a clever worded piece news from carwale to garner readership. Looking at the size, the car has been engineered for the European motorways and narrow town streets.

an Indian made LRX will surely not do well in Europe where there is a strong demand for Europe built cars. You will hardly see a jap car in central Europe on the streets. If they want to sell and at a premium, LR will assemble the car in the UK while they may source parts from India/China. At best we will see imports 2-3 months after its available in Europe. Would be nice if TATA considered the CKD route for this soft roader. Whatever said its going to be a seller on the looks alone.

the car to watch out fro would be the new defender due 2013
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:44   #8
BHPian

It is no longer caller LRX, the production version is called Range Rover Evoque. The vehicle looks very cute. But is not it smaller than even CRV? In this video (Range Rover Evoque: Live | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express) the person is standing next to the SUV and height of the vehicle seems low comparing to rest of soft-roaders we have.
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:02   #9
BHPian

Me personally , I'd hate to see a LR designed like this . This car reminds me of the 2011 Ford explorer (concept i think).

Please Tata, rewamp the LR lineup in tune with its heritage. You're an owner of the only uber premium SUV marque. RR's and Bentleys have not wavered form their design principles and yet remain future proof. Thats what makes them that extra special and hope LR uses the same philosophy .
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

The LRX is no more a concept, its now called the Evoque. Although it was revealed in July the car will have a public debut at the Paris motor show this year and sales will start by the first financial quarter of 2011. This will be the sportiest, most fuel efficient and environment friendly Range Rover yet.

It will be made at JLR's Halewood plant. THIS WILL NOT BE MADE IN INDIA. I dont know what Carwale smokes but thats utter rubbish.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:19   #11
BHPian

>>>
I reckon that the Tatas won't do anything which will diminish the cachet of the Land Rover marque. As correctly pointed out above, what they can do is source some parts from India for its assembly in Britain to manage costs better and importantly assist Tata Motors and its vendors scale up in engineering and design sophistication and quality of production, delivery etc.

China is an important market for LR, I guess India, Brazil and Russia will follow suit. However, it is too early to 'modify' LR's attributes (design, engines, image) to Indian tastes or even Chinese tastes.

Therefore, Indian LR aficionados will have to live with a Euro spec LR, just as the Porsche/BMW ( e.g., M) /Bentley aficionados do- and that confers these marques with a certain snob value.

I am sure if I were to be in the happy position of being such an aficionado, I'd love it.

Regards
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

What i heard is that TATA was planning to Manufacture the Freelander in India and not any other model for now.
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

I believe the Freelander will be assembled in India, which will give LR Tax/Duty savings.

JLR have given hints that the Evoque (formerely LRX) will start from £30k (Rs. 30 lacs), so once it comes to India and gives the Goverments dues I think it will end up somewhere in the 40lac range.
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:59   #14

Re: Landrover LRX to be manufactured in India

Evoque not to be assembled in the near future. Tata gearing up the Pune plant to next assemble CKD of Jaguar XF 2.0D (end 2012). Evoque may be assembled sometime in 2013/2014.
Old 23rd September 2011, 00:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

Re: Landrover LRX to be manufactured in India

Its XF 2.2D if i am not wrong

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks