Team-BHP - Is it raining Jazz' on the streets
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Is it raining Jazz' on the streets (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/62414-raining-jazz-streets.html)

Despite the awesome reviews on the forum, when the pricing of Honda jazz was announced, I did feel that it was a car for the Nouveau Riche. After all.... the Chevy SRV was similarly specced and overly priced and it didn't do that great in the market did it?

But then over the past couple of days, I have seen sights that have literally left my eyeballs popping out. I have seen more number of Honda Jazz' in the past couple of days than I have seen Hyundai i20s until now. And that is saying a lot. Of course, it definitely is not a mistaken identity of seeing the same Jazz 10 times around, as I have seen at least 3 different colours and the similar coloured ones have distinctly different looking drivers.

So have the rest of you noticed anything like this? Bangaloreans, keep your eyes open for an unassuming little big hatch and for sure you would see a lot of Jazz plying the roads these days. Looks like a large batch just got delivered. Dark Red seems to be the most popular colour IMHO.

Cochin is filled with jazz's now. Many have started putting larger wheels, mesh grilles etc here. Looks damn good. :)

Well in Hyderabad I have seen only one on the road as of now.

Fifty bucks on this turning into a "Jazz is overpriced, why do people still buy it" thread. :D

But seriously, Honda seems to have judged the market just perfectly with the Jazz and City.

In Bangalore, I have seen one White Jazz till now on the road near marathahalli fly over 2 weeks ago.

But i have seen 3 Jazz in Mumbai last time (3 weeks ago).

My ANHC dealer told me that last month they have delivered some 20 Jazz in Bangalore and they had another 20+ bookings.

Honda is very lucky in INDIA,running away with what ever price tag they are putting on their cars.No doubt the car is v good but not VFM,but again in India HONDA is premium Brand.

Spot almost 3-4 daily on the roads in Delhi.
Same goes for the i20.

Hardly seen any around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parimal_g (Post 1402110)
Honda is very lucky in INDIA,running away with what ever price tag they are putting on their cars.No doubt the car is v good but not VFM,but again in India HONDA is premium Brand.

Luck has nothing to do with it. They make good cars. With superlative engines. As far as VFM, what is not VFM to you, is to those who are buying it. Else they would not be, right?
It was not VFM for me either, btw. Can't generalize on that basis.

For VFM.

I consider

1>Cost of Vehicle.
2>Cost of spares.(Including some accidental repair parts also).
3> Service cost /warranty.

Its like what am getting, for what am paying.

Same goes for me, I'm really seeing lots of jazz & i20 on daily basis.
Yesterday I saw Jazz Active in white color and it was stunning !
I guess, considering its price, its selling really very well and should be declared another super successful start from HONDA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parimal_g (Post 1402127)
For VFM.

I consider

1>Cost of Vehicle.
2>Cost of spares.(Including some accidental repair parts also).
3> Service cost /warranty.

Its like what am getting, for what am paying.

The definition changes for each person. What is VFM for you may be nightmarish for others. *shrug*

Good for Honda, there are lot of people who know what they want. For me, I would pay 50-70K more just for the engine, ergonomics and the gear shift quality of Hondas.

The fact that most of these cars have a big amount invested additionally on wheels etc., shows that people really want a Honda and are not mindful of the price.

Well the sales figures for the month should give an indication. I have seen about 2-3 in town

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarVegabond (Post 1402090)
In Bangalore, I have seen one White Jazz till now on the road near marathahalli fly over 2 weeks ago.

Yeah, I think I too spotted the same but, thats about it. No more than that.