Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2009, 09:54   #16
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
The rates quoted by the company for the number plates are Rs 550 for two-wheelers, Rs 650 for three-wheelers and Rs 1,200 for four-wheelers. It is mandatory for the citizens to pay the prescribed rates and get new high security number plates to their vehicles.
This is really shocking. Another dealer in BLR NC Impex manufactures similar looking plates though they are not the HSNP. Does the article mention by when the transition from the old to new plates will have to be done?
Old 29th July 2009, 10:01   #17
BANNED

Why am i not surprised. This was bound to happen. Such measures like number plates and all are great oppurtunities to make money for the scum.

One guy suicided, hope many more follow his path.
Old 29th July 2009, 10:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

In Kerala dealers used to souce these plates from Bangalore initially for Rs 1500. Now recently I saw a dealer offering the similar plate for Rs 1100. As yet no licenced agency functions in Kerala.
Old 29th July 2009, 10:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

i paid 1200 bucks for a set in Pro Drive on cunningham road!!
please stay away from here .
Old 29th July 2009, 10:51   #20
BHPian

I don't know about WB but my parents paid about 1700 for the HSR plates in Meghalaya for their Spark about 4 months back. It is mandatory in Assam and Meghalaya now.

Last edited by DriverR : 29th July 2009 at 10:52.
Old 29th July 2009, 10:56   #21
BHPian

Utsav quoted me 800/- for the HSR number plate. But if you buy it through some dealer then the quote was 1100/-.
Old 29th July 2009, 11:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Ashoka breaks down over number plates

Bangalore: Transport minister R Ashoka broke down in the assembly on Tuesday while replying to JDSLP leader H D Revanna on alleged irregularities in the proposed high-security registration plates (HSRP) for all vehicles . Ashoka, who was in tears, contended that previous governments had signed an agreement with contractors, and he as transport minister was not involved in any kind of dealing with them.
Ever since I became transport minister, I have not signed any documents, he said and produced related papers since 2005 before the House.
Ashoka, however, broke down over reports of his alleged involvement in the kickbacks. I am deeply hurt by these reports, which are far from the truth, he said. The issue will be settled after the high court gives its final order.
Revanna said the transport commissioner had given a contract for supplying HSRP to Mumbaibased Shimnit Utsch India (P) Ltd, violating rules.
Prices of number plates for different categories of vehicles are exorbitant, compared to West Bengal. It costs Rs 550 per plate for a twowheeler ; Rs 650 for three-wheeler and Rs 1,200 for four-wheeler . The contract has been given for 15 years. This is nothing but daylight robbery , he said.
Old 29th July 2009, 11:33   #23
Team-BHP Support

Thankfully it has gone to the courts, and WB rates may soon be applicable to KA also.
Old 29th July 2009, 13:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
I don't know about WB but my parents paid about 1700 for the HSR plates in Meghalaya for their Spark about 4 months back. It is mandatory in Assam and Meghalaya now.
Is our Namma(Our) Hi-Tech city is still lagging the Technology ? I dont think so that KA RTO is made this as mandatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Thankfully it has gone to the courts, and WB rates may soon be applicable to KA also.
I dont think so it will be possible here. If I am not wrong WB vehicle still enjoy one of the lowest RTO tax In KA we pay almost 12-13% of vehicle cost.
Old 29th July 2009, 13:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Bangalore: Transport minister R Ashoka broke down in the assembly on Tuesday while replying to JDSLP leader H D Revanna on alleged irregularities in the proposed high-security registration plates (HSRP) for all vehicles . Ashoka, who was in tears, ....
Even ministers know the meaning of tears? Oh how sensitive!! I think in BJP every minister has cried atleast once. For that matter even the CM directly on the TV show when JDS betrayed him. Silly, very silly.

Day by day I am getting ashamed of being in a city like this. First it was influx of IT, next some downturn, now the government and its acts, and of course we know the final laurel will go to media for blowing bangalore out of proportions.
Old 29th July 2009, 14:16   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I dont think so it will be possible here. If I am not wrong WB vehicle still enjoy one of the lowest RTO tax In KA we pay almost 12-13% of vehicle cost.
True, Why the * Revanna comparing the rate of HSR Plates only, why he doen't have any objection about the Karnataka Road Tax ? These guys are vampires.
Old 29th July 2009, 14:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
True, Why the * Revanna comparing the rate of HSR Plates only, why he doen't have any objection about the Karnataka Road Tax ? These guys are vampires.
Elementary my dear Watson , I hope you remember query for cash scam of parliament.

Number plate contract was given when his party was in power and now they might have stopped the next installment of kickback once the government changed. Or rival company might have given some kickback to raise some dust.

For Karnataka road tax there is no kickback offered from anyone to oppose.

I another large and most advanced democracy in western part of the world this is not a scam and simply called lobbying and there are tax paying lobbying firms.
Old 29th July 2009, 14:50   #28
BANNED

Contract with Mumbai firm challenged

The high security registration plates (HSRP) programme seems to be running into trouble. Two of the bidders have filed an appeal before the transport principal secretary, challenging the award of contract for supplying HSRPs to Shimnit Utsch India, Mumbai.
M/s Hind Industries and M/s Promuk Hoffman International have challenged the April 27, 2006 order of the transport commissioner awarding the 15-year-long contract. The programme is being implemented to bring in uniformity and prevent crimes using vehicles.

Alleging irregularities, the JD(S) is all set to raise the issue in the ongoing session and demand re-tendering.

Source: TOI Bangalore
Old 29th July 2009, 18:28   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
Even ministers know the meaning of tears? Oh how sensitive!! I think in BJP every minister has cried atleast once. For that matter even the CM directly on the TV show when JDS betrayed him. Silly, very silly.

Day by day I am getting ashamed of being in a city like this. First it was influx of IT, next some downturn, now the government and its acts, and of course we know the final laurel will go to media for blowing bangalore out of proportions.
OT: I think they are all taking a cue from Kapil Dev's books.

Remember how he sobbed in a TV interview regarding match fixing.
Old 29th July 2009, 21:32   #30
BANNED

Quote:
The rates quoted by the company for the number plates are Rs 550 for two-wheelers, Rs 650 for three-wheelers and Rs 1,200 for four-wheelers. It is mandatory for the citizens to pay the prescribed rates and get new high security number plates to their vehicles.

West Bengal, the first state to adopt the new system, has fixed Rs 282 for two -wheelers, Rs 298 for three-wheelers and Rs 441 for four-wheelers.
These plates retail for ~1K in Kerala. See JKdas' safari deliver / ownership thread. (and some other threads) Obviously, we in Kerala are baing ripped off even for this.

There is a PIL in Kerala against the company, IIRC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks