Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:23   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
True that MS cars command a premium, but it is better if you buy a zen from any other place other than coimbatore.

I have visited almost all used car showrooms in coimbatore and none of them quote a reasonable price.

I am not very confident of picking up a zen outside Coimbatore as of now. Am still in the waiting mode to catch a genuine seller and have already given up the hopes of getting zen thro True value & dealers. Infact I have requested all possible car dealers & true value managers at Coimbatore to let me know if they come across a good zen with a reasonable price, which has not got any sort of response till now.

If nothing works out, I may wait till Diwali to pick up a new car for my wifey @ a good discount - have shortlisted wagonr, santro and alto for this purpose. In the meantime, let me see if I get lucky !
Old 4th August 2009, 13:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
both were 2002 zen's with 70 K km's on the odo and the asking price was 2.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Too high an asking price. 2002 Zen D (PS) should not cost more than 1.75 L.
Yep that's the right price for the Zen D, But It has got a fantastic engine - Peugot TUD 5, One can expect good torque+mileage from this engine.
But this was engine was completly tucked into Zen's Engine bay without any space left.
This engine was too heavy for ZEN D, MSIL, had to have seperate springs(suspension) at the front. This car is known for nose diving while at hard braking.
Old 4th August 2009, 13:36   #48
BHPian

@ece2k2 - Is there any specific reason why you are searching for Zen only. Bcoz six months back I was also searching for a used Zen, and checked few cars with First choice, individual owners etc.
I did not find the car to be as good to be paid 1.5 lakhs for a 1999-2000 model. It was indeed overpriced only due to the demand and not due to the quality.
For a 1999-2000 Zen and condition in which I saw, max 90k would have been more than enough.
Moreover i was not happy with the car performance also.

Finally I got a 2003 Fiat Palio from an individual (courtesy carwale.com) at a very reasonable price and in an excellent condition.
My wife also drives it happily.
Old 4th August 2009, 15:21   #49
Senior - BHPian

Last Sunday I went to check out a Lancer to a dealer. I asked him how much he could offer for my 2004 Zen lxi 47K kms done and in super condition. He asked me how much was I expecting. I said 1.7 L. Believe you me when I say he jumped out of his seat willing to close the deal on the same day. Of course I was asking for info only. So thats how hot the Zen is. Will I sell this car? Probably not. Its a nice car to keep.
Old 4th August 2009, 15:23   #50
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Last Sunday I went to check out a Lancer to a dealer. I asked him how much he could offer for my 2004 Zen lxi 47K kms done and in super condition. He asked me how much was I expecting. I said 1.7 L. Believe you me when I say he jumped out of his seat willing to close the deal on the same day. Of course I was asking for info only. So thats how hot the Zen is. Will I sell this car? Probably not. Its a nice car to keep.
Sorry, but aren't you quoting a bit low? Believe me a 2004 Zen is worth much more than that.

Anyway, shouldn't bother much since you plan to keep it
Old 4th August 2009, 15:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Sorry, but aren't you quoting a bit low? Believe me a 2004 Zen is worth much more than that.

Anyway, shouldn't bother much since you plan to keep it
Maruti True Value discouraged me, they quoted 1.5 L for my car!
Old 4th August 2009, 15:46   #52
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't go by Maruti True value or even Carwale. For my 2000 Zen VX, Dealers were quoting 1 lac and Maruti guys 85K. And I sold it for 1.4 lacs.
It was one of the best Maruti vehicles.

IMO, you car is anytime worth more than what you are quoting.
Old 4th August 2009, 16:15   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Don't go by Maruti True value or even Carwale. For my 2000 Zen VX, Dealers were quoting 1 lac and Maruti guys 85K. And I sold it for 1.4 lacs.
It was one of the best Maruti vehicles.

IMO, you car is anytime worth more than what you are quoting.
So should I expect 2L from an individual ?
Old 4th August 2009, 16:26   #54
BHPian

I sold my 99 Zen VXI in good condition for 55k with about 64k on the odo if I remember right, I was in a rush and had to pick up another car (My Amby) the same day, hence gave the same for what ever was offered.
Old 4th August 2009, 16:28   #55
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So should I expect 2L from an individual ?
Why not? You just have to find a right buyer. When I was selling my vehicle, I came across many elder gentlemen who were willing to accept my price. These people have seen the car throughout its life cycle and hence appreciate more from ownership perspective. I sold it to a known friend though.

Having said that, you cannot sell this to young college kids, dealers and ofcourse the True value guys.

Ladies like Zen too!
Old 5th August 2009, 10:48   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't ever go to maruti true value to get your car sold or valued.
They always quote atleast 25K less than market value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I sold my 99 Zen VXI in good condition for 55k with about 64k on the odo if I remember right,
Probably it's VX not VXI if it's 1999 model, VXI was launched in mid of 2000 ( VXI- MPFI with powersteering)
Old 5th August 2009, 11:43   #57
Senior - BHPian

There is a 2003 Zen LXi for sale on our company intra. Its got a certified LPG kit , and has run 40,000 Kms.

Carwale pegs its value at 1.84 L if in good condition, and the owner is asking for 1.85 L .

It indeed says a lot about the product as it retains almost 50% of its value even after 6 years of usage.

PS : A friend of mine wants to sell his 2002 LXi (not very well maintained) , for 1.3 L to a dealer. If I express an interest, he might come lower. He is the second owner for that car. Do you think its worth ?
Old 5th August 2009, 11:50   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Probably it's VX not VXI if it's 1999 model, VXI was launched in mid of 2000 ( VXI- MPFI with powersteering)
It was a VXI, late 1999 model, probabally from the very first batch, I have no idea, but the car had power steering.
Old 11th August 2009, 02:23   #59
BHPian

I personally reccomand to go for a True value car,despite the fact that they cost more.Reason behind it is,you are getting the car after a neccecary servicing,replacement of parts,body colour touch up jobs,a maruti true value owners manuall and finally 3 free services.It is specially good for those who does not know anything about car.Its quite naturall,that Maruti will try to keep the buyer happy,at least logically,to ensure,if the buyer owns a new car in future,that will from their company.
I have seen buying of 6 cars,2 twowheelers in our family,out of them,3 cars and one scooter was second hand,among them only one car is from True value(Maruti Alto Lxi White).Our (I mean our family) experience with direct buy or through agent is very bad,quality wise.The Alto was sold at her six months age at a mint condition,I trickly got the moblie number of the owner from True value after paying 5K for booking,called him (A retired Cornel') and meet him in person to ask why he sold it.His answer was straightforward and need no explanation,the old man and his wife was going to leave this country to spend their rest of life with their only son.
The car is running still today very well without costing us except,what it should must.
I think it is very important to know why the owner is selling his/her car?
Dont drool over the cars at true value,show least interest in the car which you have selected in your mind,multiple visit may be neccecary.
If you are from Kolkata,going to buy from True value,just drop a PM me,I can give you some tips,which may be helpful for you.
Old 11th August 2009, 15:42   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I am not very confident of picking up a zen outside Coimbatore as of now. Am still in the waiting mode to catch a genuine seller and have already given up the hopes of getting zen thro True value & dealers. Infact I have requested all possible car dealers & true value managers at Coimbatore to let me know if they come across a good zen with a reasonable price, which has not got any sort of response till now.

If nothing works out, I may wait till Diwali to pick up a new car for my wifey @ a good discount - have shortlisted wagonr, santro and alto for this purpose. In the meantime, let me see if I get lucky !

Dear Firend,

One of my firend is having 1999 Zen. Trichy registered (TN45), single owner and has run around 35000 km. He is a retired man and the car is very sparingly used. The car is right now available in Coimbatore. He is looking to sell this car and upgrade to a new vehicle.

Interested?

Most Viewed