Team-BHP - Baleno VXI or Optra 1.6 LT
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Baleno VXI or Optra 1.6 LT (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6261-baleno-vxi-optra-1-6-lt.html)

My friend wants to buy a new car and his budget is around 7.5 - 8.0 lacs. He has narrow down to Baleno or Optra 1.6. He wants keep this car for about 7 - 8 years. He will put about 10K per year and his priority .....

Driving comfort
Performance
ASS
Maintenance cost
Mileage

Which one is the best?

well, no doubt that the Baleno's maintainence is low, and the mileage in Baleno is far better than the Optra. my bro-in-law's Baleno is giving him around 14 (in city conditions..dunno how long the ac is on).

Optra i heard gives around 9, the 1.6 version.

Baleno is an old model now, Optra is fresh, the interiors and looks are lot better of the Optra. one big NEGATIVE towards Optra i found is that the indicator lever is on the left!!! its not thoroughly indianised! i jus hate that thing!

Performance, both r real nice.

when his bugget is around 7.5 to 8.0, he can surely afford the 1.6 Optra, then best to go for that. baleno sure is a bit cheaper than this.

I'd go with the Optra too.

Optra 1.6. If cash was the constraint then I would have said Baleno.

Optra - its a no brainer!

Optra, dude! Its really a good overall car. Most VFM.

I'll join other members too. Optra!!

Oops. Did not see 'VXI'. Now it is definitely Optra. :) If it was the LXI variant on the other hand, you could consider the Baleno too. 50-50.

You have put Performance right at number 2
In that case the baleno would be more up his street.
I would still say as always, But the Lxi version and spend money on the wheels , tyres and music etc, put in a stock K&n
You can get it looking really spiffy and it will haul butt!

You will win out on FE & maintenance hands down as well

erm whats ASS, may i ask?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revvhead
erm whats ASS, may i ask?

After Sale Service :)

optra 1.6 eyes shut if u have that budget . its alltogether a different class of vehicle

Quote:

Originally Posted by VMG
He will put about 10K per year and his priority .....

what is this 10k for ? if it is overall maintenance, would it not make sense to go for the Baleno in the long run ?

Optra.. would be my pick, baleno only if on a very tight budget and saving is also a priority, at the point of buying

both these cars are in different segments.the baleno vxi is abt 6.5lakhs and very good VFM.but if you have 7.5 in the bag then y bother.the baleno tops in all the parameters u've mentioned but the optra is still the bigger and fresher car. you could,however wait for the new baleno.wait howlong??-donno

lets put up a comparision

baleno

performance, mileage,super a/c, maruti service

outdated, dull interiors, maintainence a bit heavy on the pocket,not exactly a stunner

optra 1.6

interiors, fresh design, comfort level, vfm, a sgement above baleno

dull to drive, performance not as god as baleno, maintainence maybe high

baleno optra

2 1 comfort
1 2 power
1 1 Ass
1 2 maintainence cost
1 2 economy

As you can see Baleno has more ones than Optra so Baleno looks to be a sound buy. But it is too outdated so if he wants to keep his car for 7-8 years optra gets an upper hand.