Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2009, 23:05   #1
BHPian

'24×7 On-Road Assistance’ From TATA-TVS for TATA and FIAT Passenger vehicles

PRESS REPORT:

Tata Motors has commenced its ‘24×7 On-Road Assistance’ programme for the company’s cars and utility vehicles. The programme will offer Tata Motors’ customers speedy and hassle free service in the event of a breakdown at any time of the day or night. Customers can access the service through a dedicated toll-free number: 1800 209 66 88.

Through the ‘24×7 On-Road Assistance’ programme, customers can be assured of service at any time and at any place. ‘24×7 On-Road Assistance’ is being launched in association with MyTVS (a division of T V Sundram Iyengar & Sons Ltd). MyTVS has a network of over 2000 authorised service providers across country, excluding certain parts of the north-east and the state of Jammu&Kashmir. The authorised service providers are well equipped in terms of tools, trained manpower, parts and vehicles to attend to repairs on site. The authorised service providers will attend to customers and tow the vehicle to the nearest workshop in the event of a breakdown.

The ‘24×7 On-Road Assistance’ programme covers services such as: wheel change through spare wheel, arrangement of fuel, opening the vehicle in the event of a key lock-out, rectifying electrical problems related to the battery and fuse, on-spot repairs for complaints that can be attended to on site, and car to car towing or winching and towing.

The ‘24×7 On-Road Assistance’ programme will be automatically available to all new Tata passenger vehicles purchased on or after February 1, 2009 for the duration of the warranty period. This service will also be available in due course to existing Tata Motors customers for a nominal annual membership fee. Customers can avail of this service by paying the annual membership fee at the dealerships or on the spot, to the authorised service provider, in the event of a breakdown.

THE FACTS: as learnt from a TATA Motors official
1. Fiat is now in a JV with TATA. IIRC Fiat Sales and service during the second coming were handled by TVS for south India, and had parted ways on a sour note as Fiat was not satisifed with the level of service
2. However this On road assistance will be available for an annual fee of rs. 550/- Plus taxes for All Fiat Linea and Punto customers
3. TATA passenger vehicles Purcahsed after 01.02.2009 will have this service free for a year. TATA passenger vehicles purchased before this date will have to Pay Rs. 550/- annually.
4. TVS will not act as a TASS / TASC but merely as a saviour at times distress
5. TATA may soon tie up with the Jagdish Khattar promoted CARNATIONS, a Multibrand ASC to supplement the existing network of TASS, TASC, FASS, FASC. Knowing How Mr. JK spruced up the level of service delivery at the MASS'es, if the same happens with carnations, most of the TASS'es are going to be converted into godowns considering their inefficiency as well as the Uncivilised manner in which they operate and Treat Customers

Last edited by Sunilrj : 29th July 2009 at 23:14.
Old 30th July 2009, 00:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure annual charges are only rS 550/-? And Fiat owners, even new ones have to pay the sum?

Anyways I feel that TVS guys have the best knowledge about the old FIATs ( read Uno and Palio) compared to even TASS AND tasc.
Old 30th July 2009, 01:09   #3
Team-BHP Support

Yes its 550 a year.
TVS is merely the savior. They will handle stuff like towing etc.,
If you are in an area where there is no TASC, they usually have a tie up with MASS.
If MASS can't solve problem, tata sends engineer by bus
Old 30th July 2009, 07:57   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Are you sure annual charges are only rS 550/-? And Fiat owners, even new ones have to pay the sum?

Anyways I feel that TVS guys have the best knowledge about the old FIATs ( read Uno and Palio) compared to even TASS AND tasc.

yes thats what i was told. even new fiat cars have to take this, since its a 3 rd party service and the tie up is between TATA and TVS and fiat is not involved. for Rs. 550/- the call is yours. infact TATA guy was like the new Fiat cars wont require this service at all
Old 30th July 2009, 09:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
yes thats what i was told. even new fiat cars have to take this, since its a 3 rd party service and the tie up is between TATA and TVS and fiat is not involved. for Rs. 550/- the call is yours. infact TATA guy was like the new Fiat cars wont require this service at all
The new ones may not require but the old ones seriously do LOL! . And single towing charges by Workshops alone working out to that much, I think it makes sense to take this service
Old 30th July 2009, 09:05   #6
BHPian

Quote:
The new ones may not require but the old ones seriously do LOL! . And single towing charges by Workshops alone working out to that much, I think it makes sense to take this service

yes it would be of real use when you either run out of fuel or have a flat tyre and you either dont have the tools or the jack or the energy to hoist the car onto the jack specially in the case of women, old people and people with heart diseases
Old 30th July 2009, 10:22   #7
BHPian

When I purchased my Linea I was told that this service was included for free for 4 years. I need to check my paperwork and confirm! Rs. 550 seems like a pretty good deal though. A relative recently had to get his car towed in Bombay and it cost him upwards of Rs. 1,000!
Old 30th July 2009, 11:00   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Rs. 550 seems like a pretty good deal though. A relative recently had to get his car towed in Bombay and it cost him upwards of Rs. 1,000!
550 I guess is the annual charge for getting the service 24/7. So i guess you have to pay the towing cost in case of a breakdown.
Old 30th July 2009, 11:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanth View Post
550 I guess is the annual charge for getting the service 24/7. So i guess you have to pay the towing cost in case of a breakdown.
yes the fine print needs to be read. will update once i have the paper in my hand
Old 30th July 2009, 11:14   #10
BHPian

It is a damn good deal. It would be of great help esp. to women in case of a break down or even minor things like running out of fuel or a flat tyre.
Old 30th July 2009, 11:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TVS has been having their myTVS auto workshop for all models of car for quite sometime. I would guess they should be familiar with all these car models by now.

Good move. Especially with the increasing number of TATA + FIAT vehicles.

Does it include NANO too?
Old 30th July 2009, 11:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

given my lacklustre experience with tata's on road service
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1358088

i wonder how this will be. Would be nice if anyone posted their actual experience with this service
Old 30th July 2009, 11:29   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Girl View Post
It is a damn good deal. It would be of great help esp. to women in case of a break down or even minor things like running out of fuel or a flat tyre.
T-girl Right! very often during my trips on NH17, 48 and 13 i have seen old folks, women stranded with a tyre puncture, fan belt breakage etc. though ive stopped to help out i didnt have the necessary tools to remove the wheels as the tools we carry are car specific. but i dont think the 550/- is the only fee payable. this would be more in the nature of a subscription or membership Fee IMHO. Service Visits would entail some charge i'm sure.
Old 30th July 2009, 21:11   #14

List of Manufacturers offering 24 x 7 Road Assistance in India:

1) Honda
2) Maruti
3) Ford
4) Tata
5) Hyundai

Not sure about GM, Toyota, Skoda and Mahindra.

Can anyone update the list please.
Old 6th October 2015, 15:20   #15
BHPian

Re: '24×7 On-Road Assistance’ From TATA-TVS for TATA and FIAT Passenger vehicles

Bumping up this old thread.

Fiat owners / car experts please advise.

On our map, I see many of the places where Fiat don't have service centers. I wonder if a Fiat car breaks down on a highway in these blank areas. How can it be fixed ?

I believe the road side assistance should be less than 20 or 40kms within the service center. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Posting Fiat Service center map from Fiat India site.
Attached Thumbnails
'24×7 On-Road Assistance’ From TATA-TVS for TATA and FIAT Passenger vehicles-fiat-service-centers.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks