Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2009, 22:09   #16
BHPian

I saw a black colored new Fiesta SXi in Gachibowli, Hyderabad this morning. The crome treatment was indeed looking great.
Old 1st August 2009, 22:42   #17
BHPian

Looks like a desperate attempt by Ford to resurrect their sagging sales after the launch of Fiat Linea and ANHC which has drastically affected Fiesta sales.

IMHO, Ford should bring Focus and the European Hatch Fiesta into India which would sell like Hot cakes. Also, Ford should drastically cut down on their service and spares cost.
Old 2nd August 2009, 00:21   #18
BHPian

Would just like to add a perspective here: pricing may be same in other markets but in India Punto & Fiesta just can't be compared because of basic design structure and the engine option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
6.99 is steep for the Fiesta considering its price in other markets. Punto and Ikon/Fiesta are priced in the same range in other markets.
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

here you go guys, the brochure and price list given to me by sc ford.
Attached Thumbnails
Updated Ford Fiesta SXi - August 3 in showrooms-image0.jpg  

Updated Ford Fiesta SXi - August 3 in showrooms-image1.jpg  

Updated Ford Fiesta SXi - August 3 in showrooms-xzczxczxcx.jpg  

Updated Ford Fiesta SXi - August 3 in showrooms-cxvcx.jpg  

Last edited by frankmehta : 3rd August 2009 at 20:56.
Old 5th August 2009, 01:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

The chrome treatment does make the Fiesta look more 'rich'. The car was beginning to look a bit stale, but i really don't know how far this is going to help in realtime sales for Ford. Hopefully, the car will keep Ford(India) afloat till they get the hatchback into the market.
Old 5th August 2009, 04:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
Would just like to add a perspective here: pricing may be same in other markets but in India Punto & Fiesta just can't be compared because of basic design structure and the engine option.
1.3 multijet vs. the ford 1.4 diesel?
1.6 Duratec vs. The 1.4 Fire?

I dont really see much of a difference after you compensate for the features fiat has that ford doesnt.
Old 5th August 2009, 09:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I dont really see much of a difference after you compensate for the features fiat has that ford doesnt.
3 factors conviniently missed:

1) 12% additional excised slapped on Fiesta

2) Quality of materials used in Punto

3) The 1.6 Duratec is not comparable with 1.4 Fire in performance!
Old 5th August 2009, 10:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

15 inch alloys, high end stereo, climate control and other additional features make up for the additional cost of the engine.

A bumper redesign to cut length doesnt involve much cost and time.

Check my older posts and you will know that I dont see any other car as a better competitor to the Ford Fiesta right now. But that kills the whole motive of the marketing department.

Ford needs to bring back the 1.4 petrol for the fiesta and peg it just slightly above Ikon. Also bring in the new fiesta with 110-120 bhp. 1.6/1.8 engine at Honda city price levels.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 5th August 2009 at 10:33.
Old 5th August 2009, 10:52   #24
BHPian

See I feel its very subjective because i dont know whether you have driven fiesta diesel or not, but from my own experience its a rocket , and i have been beaten a lot of times by fiesta diesel when i was driving accent 1.6 on NH1. Features wise I think there is no substitute to performance, Fiesta diesel is fast than linea anyday. About climate controller, maximum linea owners are not happy with its performance and being a Fiat owner I also know it better that side vents are usually of no use in Fiat so if you are accompanied by others you will always get complaints about lack of cool air for rear passengers despite of the presence of rear vent.
Moreover Linea can never be compared with fiesta , drive one and you will know what i am refering to.
Though if you are in love with linea than rationality should be out of question.For Fiat decision comes from heart not brain.

P.S. No offence to any linea owner, just my thought

Quote:

Old 5th August 2009, 11:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
15 inch alloys, high end stereo, climate control and other additional features make up for the additional cost of the engine.

A bumper redesign to cut length doesnt involve much cost and time.

Check my older posts and you will know that I dont see any other car as a better competitor to the Ford Fiesta right now. But that kills the whole motive of the marketing department.

Ford needs to bring back the 1.4 petrol for the fiesta and peg it just slightly above Ikon. Also bring in the new fiesta with 110-120 bhp. 1.6/1.8 engine at Honda city price levels.
A Ford Fiesta CS..... dunno if it would have many takers.

One more thing, the Stereo in punto is quite avg. dunno if it can be considered high end but than thats just me

Last edited by aseem : 5th August 2009 at 11:17.
Old 5th August 2009, 12:20   #26
BHPian

Is there a climate control? The brouchure doesnt list that. That would have been a wonderful add on along with improved stereo, alloys. Cosmetic changes can only add external glitter.

Hope they also tweak the rear suspension so the ride on bad roads improve somewhat. It is a pain point of the current fiesta.
Old 5th August 2009, 17:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:

Comparing the punto with the fiesta is like comparing an apple with a water melon, isnt it?

Linea v/s Fiesta is a fair comparison. I have TDed both cars. If the Linea is a car, Fiesta is a rocket . The 2 engines are world apart guys. Just test drive and feel them - words just cannot describe the difference.

Lets look at the key features which Linea (emotion pk)) has, which Ford (SXI) doesn't:

1. Climate Control - thats a major concern. Infact, this could be one of the reasons for deciding against the Fiesta (FYI - i am planning to buy a car within next few weeks, and Fiesta is on the top of the options list)
2. Steering mounted controls - not a big deal for me
3. Blue n me - frankly, am not a big fan of this tech
4. Front seat armrest - IMHO, these armrests in Linea are virtually useless (no offence meant, again my opinion is based on TD)

(i may have missed a few, so pls dont pounce on me)

So, its a personal choice - both cars are to be selected from the heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Is there a climate control? The brouchure doesnt list that. That would have been a wonderful add on along with improved stereo, alloys. Cosmetic changes can only add external glitter.

Hope they also tweak the rear suspension so the ride on bad roads improve somewhat. It is a pain point of the current fiesta.
the new SXI version doesnt have a climate control - unfortunately
Old 5th August 2009, 19:33   #28
BHPian

I hope you are talking about the petrol Fiesta here.
For diesel variants, its the opposite!

... Going OT
Some more factors in Linea vs Fiesta:
Linea has multi-info display, better interior space, low-maintenance-costs.

In favor of Fiesta: Interior quality and Ease of driving in city (smaller turning radius)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
Linea v/s Fiesta is a fair comparison. I have TDed both cars. If the Linea is a car, Fiesta is a rocket . The 2 engines are world apart guys. Just test drive and feel them - words just cannot describe the difference.
Old 5th August 2009, 19:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
See I feel its very subjective because i dont know whether you have driven fiesta diesel or not, but from my own experience its a rocket , and i have been beaten a lot of times by fiesta diesel when i was driving accent 1.6 on NH1. Features wise I think there is no substitute to performance, Fiesta diesel is fast than linea anyday. About climate controller, maximum linea owners are not happy with its performance and being a Fiat owner I also know it better that side vents are usually of no use in Fiat so if you are accompanied by others you will always get complaints about lack of cool air for rear passengers despite of the presence of rear vent.
Moreover Linea can never be compared with fiesta , drive one and you will know what i am refering to.
Though if you are in love with linea than rationality should be out of question.For Fiat decision comes from heart not brain.

P.S. No offence to any linea owner, just my thought
It aint sluch but it aint a rocket either,if its a rocket then verna is a time machine
may be you need to brush up your driving skills.
I have felt the opposite on highways with my humble 1.5L accent
Old 5th August 2009, 20:53   #30
BHPian

point taken it mayn't be rocket but better than accent anyday. i know you own accent but i am telling you this because i have owned all of them ( Fiesta diesel, Accent 1.5( my brother's) , Accent 1.6)
owner will have have some prejudice for the brand they own and that is the reason for them buying the same.
try driving fiesta diesel in 3rd gear it will show you your car's capability.
Just try and then get back to me on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
It aint sluch but it aint a rocket either,if its a rocket then verna is a time machine
may be you need to brush up your driving skills.
I have felt the opposite on highways with my humble 1.5L accent

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks