Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 07:33   #1
BHPian

Updated Ford Fiesta SXi - August 3 in showrooms

Ford has quietly slipped in a new variant of the Fiesta SXi in the Indian market. The car has been priced at Rs 6.99 Lakhs for the top end petrol and Rs 7.99 Lakhs for the top end diesel, both prices Ex-Showroom Delhi, and will go on sale across the country from 3rd August onwards.
The new Fiesta comes with new chromed front grille and dramatic crystal barrelled headlamps which lends a strong looks to the front of the car. Insides now come with grain beige leather uplholstery, mahagony wood finished central console and brushed aluminium finish adoring vents, knobs and the steering wheel. A dual din system with AUX support is also offered.

Premium new Ford Fiesta SXI launched

Redefines sophistication & luxury in its segment
New Delhi, July 29, 2009 – Ford India raises the competitive bar with the new look and stylish Fiesta SXI which brings added sophistication to the luxurious car with its chrome & silver finish.
The new front-fascia with the chrome façade and dramatic crystal barrel headlamps is visually strong and expressive, elevating Fiesta’s on-road presence.
”The new Fiesta SXI will make a statement with its premium new style persona. Based on our customer feedback, the new Fiesta SXI has been introduced to appeal to the young, suave and style-oriented professionals who want their cars to reflect their individual personality, signifying success, confidence and accomplishments,” said Nigel Wark, executive director, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford India.
Your browser may not support display of this image. Inside, the new Fiesta SXI surrounds its occupants with eye-catching luxury and comfort with its grain beige leather interiors, mahogany wood-finished center console with brushed aluminum finish adorning knobs, vents and the steering wheel. The 2 DIN MP3 player with Aux-in capability also unwinds the occupants with its whopping surround sound.
The new Fiesta SXI comes with the advanced and efficient 1.6 Duratec (petrol) and 1.4 Duratorq (common-rail, turbo diesel) engines. Both engines are fuel efficient and produce class-leading performance.
The top-end SXI variant has been aggressively priced at Rs. 6.99 lakhs (petrol) and Rs. 7.99 lakhs (diesel) (Ex-showroom, New Delhi) and will be available at Ford dealerships across India starting 3rd August.
This new Fiesta SXI will stand out amidst the upper midsize segment and will take Fiesta’s premiumness to the next level, further strengthening what the brand Fiesta stands for – style, sophistication, quality, fuel-efficiency, unparalleled driving dynamics, advanced safety features and a head-turning chrome finish exterior look.
Apart from its style and sophisticated comfort, there is an equal emphasis on safety, which incorporates the latest in crash energy management systems with Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with EBD. Airbags are standard for driver and front passenger along with the collapsible steering column. A first in its class feature is the fuel cut-off inertia switch, which cuts off fuel incase of a crash. The SXI is secured with central locking and PATS (Passive Anti-Theft system) that immobilizes the engine when the key is turned off.
Ford Fiesta is a car known for its superior drivability and handling. Fiesta continues to receive rave reviews from the auto experts and analysts. The Fiesta was a runner up in vehicle dependability in the recent 2009 J.D Power Vehicle Dependability study in the mid-size segment with a score of 183 PP/100,* achieving significantly better than the segment average of 214. The awards and the accolades showcase the fact that Fiesta delivers style, together with outstanding quality and performance that consumers desire.
Ford Fiesta comes with a 2 year / 1, 00,000 kilometers warranty and an option to purchase ‘Extended Warranty’ that covers the car against all electrical and mechanical failures for an additional period. Along with the new Scheduled Service Plan (SSP), first in the country Roadside Assistance (RSA) and other Ford Service initiatives, add on to make owning a Ford Fiesta a delightful experience.
Attached Images

Last edited by deepakchiniwal : 31st July 2009 at 07:34. Reason: Had missed some details
Old 31st July 2009, 08:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

So this is just a cosmetic makeover with modified ICE. Same old motors. When I read the thread title, I thought that brand new Fiesta was coming and the current one was discontinued. This move, IMHO, is just to extend the life of this car. Although they have reduced the price, Fiesta clearly feels slightly old car and also smaller than the current competition.

Is it that this version is launched because Ford wants to buy some time before they come up with the brand new Fiesta ?
What this car needs is 1.6 diesel.

This is the sole car that is driver oriented and a joy to drive, a carryover from Baleno, G1HC, Esteem time.
Old 31st July 2009, 08:32   #3
BHPian

Alloys would be good to have.
Rest all changes seem pretty insignificant to make a difference in sales. Ford is trying really hard to resurrect their market share. But IMO only a new model will revive it.

"Chrome-ORVMs" what's ford thinking?
Old 31st July 2009, 10:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

1. Ford is making a big mistake selling the Ikon. A successfull car is not always a true indicator of a right or wrong step.

2. Ford needs to launch the European Fiesta in sedan form along with the new Focus to take the likes of Skoda and Toyota Head on.

With all due respects to Ford which has always taken customer inputs and improved their cars, this wont make much difference to its sales. It's just a marketing strategy to keep Fiesta in the eyes of the consumers buying new cars.
Old 31st July 2009, 11:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

i did see one of these cars in chennai ford today when i went to drop my wifey. never knew that it was a newly launched one. it has a chrome mesh grill. i wasnt sure so couldnt click the pic
Old 31st July 2009, 11:17   #6
oss
BHPian

Except alloys nothing much to talk about in this version. They need to bring out the 1.6 TDCi if at all they want to sustain & improve their sale.
Old 31st July 2009, 11:43   #7
BHPian

This is so irritating, silly changes like this actually manage to sell.

Get the NEW fiesta, stop selling us old cars.
Old 31st July 2009, 13:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

That looks like the wheels from the 1.6 S, ir is it just "accessories shown in the picture are not part of standard equipment"!
Old 31st July 2009, 13:59   #9
xPK
BHPian

Looks like another stock clearance sale after 1.6 LE.
Common Ford! Go get the new one.
Old 31st July 2009, 15:40   #10
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Can't quite understand what's so "new" about this Fiesta. Those chrome ORVM look horrible and somehow, I personally appreciate the styling of the current Fiesta to this one.
Old 31st July 2009, 23:23   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

I think this is a good move from Ford.
I don't know why others are still blaming ford for redoing the fiesta. The Verna, Optra etc. too are just as old as the Fiesta (a few months here and there, in the case of the Optra a few years), but Ford is the only one which is updating their models continously and adding new features which the owners keep on liking.
On one hand, people would keep on complaining that the SXi doesn't have alloys or ABS is not there on the ZXi, and when Ford launches an updated variant with the missing features for the same price, everyone pounces on ford.
As for the new fiesta, it will come when the time is right. The current fiesta is only 3.5 years old. The new Fiesta is clearly more advanced, and will definitely be priced substantially higher, and I don't think Ford has attained the brand value it needs to launch a car at the city price point.
I think they should instead focus on the all new Ikon and a small hatch, and then think about a Fiesta/Focus sedan launch.
Old 1st August 2009, 12:58   #12
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
As for the new fiesta, it will come when the time is right. The current fiesta is only 3.5 years old. The new Fiesta is clearly more advanced, and will definitely be priced substantially higher, and I don't think Ford has attained the brand value it needs to launch a car at the city price point.
I think they should instead focus on the all new Ikon and a small hatch, and then think about a Fiesta/Focus sedan launch.
The current Fiesta is nothing but the next gen Ikon. The current Fiesta is evolved into the current Euro spec Fiesta hatchback (Gen-6) in other markets. Therefore the Indian Fiesta has nowhere to go further as a sedan, except for minor facelifts and additional engine options. 1.6l TDCi anyone

Focus sedan is a different platform altogether and will compete with the likes of Corolla, Civic, Laura & Jetta. I doubt if Ford India is thinking interms of launching Focus anytime soon.
Old 1st August 2009, 17:16   #13
Senior - BHPian

I saw the new sxi on NDTV C&B show today, and the new chrome grill sure looked good, but I did not like the chrome OVRMs one little bit. If Ford gives a choice to buyers on the colour of OVRMs,
Old 1st August 2009, 17:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

I saw the new sxi on NDTV C&B show today, and the new chrome grill sure looked good, but I did not like the chrome OVRMs one little bit. If Ford gives a choice to buyers on the colour of OVRMs, then it is a good move.
Old 1st August 2009, 21:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

6.99 is steep for the Fiesta considering its price in other markets. Punto and Ikon/Fiesta are priced in the same range in other markets.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks