Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 18:56   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For the record, Honda's maintenance items are pretty well priced. E.g. my OHC Vtec's timing belt cost about 800 bucks! Service costs are on par with Alto's. Heck, even the Accord - their most expensive sedan in India - costs lesser to service than a Maruti SX4.
GTO, i've got doubt.How much does a general service for your vtech cost at the A**?

P.S- just asking out of curiosity.
Old 31st July 2009, 20:02   #32
m4w

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
through the auto hubs he has in most metros and other places

just have a look here

Carnation
Crappy site. For those looking for the "hubs" in NCR, they are in Noida:

Sector 5, Noida
Plot No. A110, Sector 05, Dist. G B Nagar, Noida
Phone : 0120-4522444,400

Sector 63, Noida
H-16, Sector 63, Dist. G B Nagar, Noida, Uttar Pradesh - 201301.
Phone : 0120-4522300/333
Email : noida.63@carnation.in

Apparently, you can book a service online @ Carnation . They promise home pickup and delivery. Convenient but I'm not sure how the drivers treat the cars (true for any such P&D facility). Note to self: Add in-car cams to carputer blueprint.

Does anyone have any experience with Car Nation? Does the Honda parts strategy also extend to other mfrs (eg. ford, benz)?
Old 31st July 2009, 21:17   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
Honda can't claim the parts as fake because JK bought the parts from Honda Thailand.No manufacturer would claim to manufacture fake parts.
I agree with this. As per WTO you are allowed to import brands without restriction. This can only be challenged on basis of counterfeit merchandise but not when its being bought from a manufacturer even overseas, but needs to be supported by proper bill of sale etc. Then the issue is between the brand owner and manufacturer. Ofcourse you could be harrassed as an importer but it wont stand in court of law. This has been the case over many cases in the recent past.
Old 1st August 2009, 10:51   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
GTO, i've got doubt.How much does a general service for your vtech cost at the A**?

P.S- just asking out of curiosity.
Interesting question. Search through Ajmat's Vtec ownership thread, where he calculated & found out that his Vtec's scheduled maintenance costs were lower than his Wife's Maruti!

I pay anywhere between 600 - 800 rupees for minor services, 1400 - 2000 for the medium level visits and 5,000 - 6,000 for major services (every 20,000 / 30,000 kms).

Further, the reason why Honda & Toyota cars have an exceedingly low cost of ownership is:

- Most durable cars

- Most reliable cars

- Build quality may be light, but they are put together with a 100% level of precision

- Replacement parts are expensive (an air-con compressor for instance), but the failure rate is VERY low. I have yet to change a single major component (out of scheduled maintenance) in my OHC after 7 years / 70,000 kms of hard driving

These cars just work, and work, and work without complaint. You either end up in awe of their reliability. Or bored!

Last edited by GTO : 1st August 2009 at 10:52.
Old 1st August 2009, 11:00   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I pay anywhere between 600 - 800 rupees for minor services
Shouldn't the labor itself cost you this much ? You mean this is just a check up and no oil changes 'n all ?
Old 1st August 2009, 11:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Shouldn't the labor itself cost you this much ? You mean this is just a check up and no oil changes 'n all ?
Not really. A general 5k km service at Honda for City costs around 1700 bucks at the maxiumum which includes your labour, oil changes, filter changes etc..

As GTO mentioned, the mjor replacement parts are expensive like I paid 14k for my AC compressor but the rest are very reasonably priced
Old 1st August 2009, 11:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

I pay around 1000-1500 for a regular service. Only the major services cost around 4-5k.

Shan2nu
Old 1st August 2009, 11:26   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Not really. A general 5k km service at Honda for City costs around 1700 bucks at the maxiumum which includes your labour, oil changes, filter changes etc..
1700 bucks sounds good. I was wondering about 600-800 bucks service.
Old 1st August 2009, 15:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4w View Post
Crappy site.

Apparently, you can book a service online @ Carnation . They promise home pickup and delivery. Convenient but I'm not sure how the drivers treat the cars (true for any such P&D facility). Note to self: Add in-car cams to carputer blueprint.

Does anyone have any experience with Car Nation? Does the Honda parts strategy also extend to other mfrs (eg. ford, benz)?
The site looked fine to me. I got my car serviced at Carnation about a month ago. Usual service + change of front brake pads (pair) came to about 2800/- (about Rs 1000/- for brake pads + labour).

Quote:
I pay anywhere between 600 - 800 rupees for minor services, 1400 - 2000 for the medium level visits and 5,000 - 6,000 for major services (every 20,000 / 30,000 kms).

- Replacement parts are expensive (an air-con compressor for instance), but the failure rate is VERY low. I have yet to change a single major component (out of scheduled maintenance) in my OHC after 7 years / 70,000 kms of hard driving
Strangely my dad has never received a service bill of less than Rs3000/- from Honda A.S.S. even for routine services for his OHC Vtec.

Parts replaced till date (130000+kms, 8 yrs old) -

- both front axle
- power steering
- one or both front shock absorbers
- O2 sensor

all replaced from Honda A.S.S.

Parts replaced from local workshop:
- silencer assembly (duplicate for Rs1200 instead of Rs12K which Honda quoted). Was damaged by speed-breakers.
- some radiator issue (broken plastic bottle?)
- loud noise from AC: Happenned today. According to mechanic some ball bearings need to be replaced. Estimated cost - Rs 5-6K.

Most of these issues happenned after 1L km mark.
Old 1st August 2009, 16:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

i wonder why they are targeting honda. Skoda owners could do with people like him, even more than honda owners ( why would a honda need repairs in the first place )
Old 1st August 2009, 16:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
i wonder why they are targeting honda. Skoda owners could do with people like him, even more than honda owners ( why would a honda need repairs in the first place )
Are the skoda parts available in Thailand??!!!
or
Are the skoda parts are available in a country which has FTA with India??
Old 1st August 2009, 16:24   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
- silencer assembly (duplicate for Rs1200 instead of Rs12K which Honda quoted).
You could have asked the guy to make you a FFE. If he can make an exact copy of a stock exhaust, he'll be able to do a FFE quite easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Yea he should get all parts, not only Honda. Honda's are reliable, but Toyota is ahead of them in reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Atleast Carnation can import some performance related components.
That would be wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
In the ideal world - HMI would compete with him by matching his prices.

In the real world - HMI will probably try every trick in the book to ensure that it maintains its higher margins on the spare parts by discrediting his business model.
In the Ideal world I would take my Honda to the A.S.S. for all maintainance.
In the Real World I would like genuine parts at the cheapest price.
So I would go to Carnation. You are not compromising on quality but still saving money.
Old 1st August 2009, 17:14   #43
BHPian

I have given my city zx vtec plus for service last week,

break up as follows ( including VAT)

Labor - 995 +99.5 (service Tax) + 2.98 (Cess on service Tax)
(car wash included in this)
Honda synthetic engine oil 3.6 L - 2123.82
oil filter 122.29
windscreen clean 99.99
washer drain 14 mm -18.59
washer drain 20mm- 21.52

Total : 3484.19
=================
if you wan to use normal engine oil then total : Rs. 2240/-

if there is no oil change then they charge :Rs.1097.48

my Santro service also cost me more or less same.

in nutshell : from my experience Honda is not charging premium for service.

Last edited by vvvinod : 1st August 2009 at 17:20.
Old 1st August 2009, 17:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

Labor for a minor service for my Civic is just INR 750/- + taxes. *shrug* If you make sure the salesman doesn't try to sell you ancillary services, that's the total bill you'll get.

@vvvinod : Windscreen clean INR 100/-? What the hell man, a mug of water, a rag and five minutes of time isn't worth that much... You should contest these kind of charges with the dealership.

Mr. Khattar should try to source Euro components. But I have a nagging feeling he won't be able to shave much off the cost of those - they are expensive all over the world.
Old 1st August 2009, 18:14   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
497 = Engine Oil
140 = Oil Filter
16 = Some washer

My bad, there is another "service cost" of 320. Total = 973 + taxes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks