Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 22:20   #76
BHPian

Pardon me for my stupidness, is Carnation authorized a.s.s of Maruthi and others?
Old 29th December 2009, 22:30   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Does anybody have any idea whether they're already operational and any feedback on their services ? Im interested in a paint touch up/tinkering job for the doors and bumper of my Swift and if theyre good, would seriously look at getting it done there, depending on the quality of their paint booth and technicians,
Nirmal, the paint setup facility would be operational only by mid Jan or so. Looks like you'll have to wait for now.

Do try out the wash and free checkup, if it interests you.

Link from my visit : link
Old 15th April 2010, 16:13   #78
BHPian

Carnation Rocks

Took my 1998 Honda City to Carnation for comprehensive check (Honda quoted 4,000 for this and I thought that was ridiculous). They quoted 1,300 for the same job. Later they informed that the compressor was due for replacement, which I had an inkling. After all, how many years can the original survive - 12 years is a long time indeed to do cooling services on a car I guess!
What have we then - carnation informed that a new compressor will cost 23,000 which they will fly in from Noida. Cross checked with Honda dealers in Bangalore, and sure enough, they did not surprise me with their extortionist attitude in selling spares and services - 45,000 to 48,000 for the compressor assembly is what I was informed.
It is indeed high time people like JK end this era of unashamed fleecing of customers which Honda has been practicing in India for over a decade now!

Btw - carnation later told me that they had also sent my old compressor to Noida and they managed to repair it for a modest 2,500 (a skill that I'm sure no Honda mechanic has, or is told by the management to have). For Honda, if it ain't working, it's gotta be replaced - Nothing like fixing/repairing for them!

~Carnation Loyalist
Old 16th April 2010, 00:27   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
Btw - carnation later told me that they had also sent my old compressor to Noida and they managed to repair it for a modest 2,500 (a skill that I'm sure no Honda mechanic has, or is told by the management to have). For Honda, if it ain't working, it's gotta be replaced - Nothing like fixing/repairing for them!

~Carnation Loyalist
All the auto mobile service center makes money by selling parts. They dont wanna replace any thing at all. In my car's right mirror the adjustable bar (inside) broke. for that they asked me to change the whole mirror set. The small bar with round head is just 2" length and it may cost max 10-20 Rs.

Hope Car nation will do a great job in India and save the Consumer.
Old 9th December 2010, 22:26   #80
BANNED

Re: Carnation Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
Took my 1998 Honda City to Carnation for comprehensive check (Honda quoted 4,000 for this and I thought that was ridiculous). They quoted 1,300 for the same job. Later they informed that the compressor was due for replacement, which I had an inkling. After all, how many years can the original survive - 12 years is a long time indeed to do cooling services on a car I guess!
What have we then - carnation informed that a new compressor will cost 23,000 which they will fly in from Noida. Cross checked with Honda dealers in Bangalore, and sure enough, they did not surprise me with their extortionist attitude in selling spares and services - 45,000 to 48,000 for the compressor assembly is what I was informed.
It is indeed high time people like JK end this era of unashamed fleecing of customers which Honda has been practicing in India for over a decade now!

~Carnation Loyalist
Replying to a very old post - but which Carnation outlet was this?
Old 26th February 2011, 13:01   #81
BHPian

Re: Carnation Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Replying to a very old post - but which Carnation outlet was this?

Saw this very late. This was Carnation Bangalore situated on ORR near Martha Halli. Still the place my car visits for health check ups

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks