Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2009, 18:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Carnation is following the EU model which sooner or later is going to come to India. In EU it has been mandated by law that the warranty will not be void if one doesn't get their cars serviced at A.S.S till they are using genuine spare parts and recommended grade oil.

I feel even though it might take about 5 years for this regulation to come through to India, as car sales volume has a large part to play in this, Carnation is setting infrastructure pan-India and is getting ready for the time when this happens. And believe me even the local manufacturers/OEMs will start selling him parts as he builds up presence and volume. Manufacturers will also agree as things like this indirectly weeds out the spurious spare parts market
Old 3rd August 2009, 09:04   #47
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
So this is good news for all Honda owners, but for how long? We'l have to wait and watch

Read in today's ET, Jagdish Khattar's new firm, Carnation Auto has started importing original Honda parts at a cheaper price using the Free Trade Agreement with Thailand.Khattar stated thy some components were imported on a trial basis.To counter this, Honda is planning to register it's trademark in India for auto components and is moving it's Thailand unit to halt supplies to Carnation auto.Honda hasn't raised any issue with Carnation auto so far.

However, Honda Siel can restrict imports besides controlling the distribution channel.

Khattar is aiming at a Rs.75 crore turnover this year in the component biz alone
A good inititive by Mr. Khattar. Honda has been overcharging the customers on the spares since the start. The only guys who would not benifit would be the current offical dealers and cars out of warranty would now not go to the offical centres most of the time.

Hondas move to restict the import is not legal and amounts to restrictive trade practices as they are being imported legally. To counter the import they would have to hike the prices of spares in another country (Assuming that Mr. Khattar is not getting a special price to start with.) and they just cant do that for earning more in our markets.
Old 3rd August 2009, 09:55   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
497 = Engine Oil
140 = Oil Filter
16 = Some washer

My bad, there is another "service cost" of 320. Total = 973 + taxes
GTO,

You are talking about your OHC Vtec, right? My dad's car (OHC Vtec) stopped due to rains+very heavy water logging. The car started the next day and he took it to Honda A.S.S. They changed the engine oil and oil filter as they informed that some moisture that entered.

Approx. cost:
- Oil + filter - Rs.1000/-
- Labour - Rs300/-

PS: Sorry for getting really off-topic

Last edited by asr245 : 3rd August 2009 at 09:56.
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:08   #49
BHPian

Bigger opportunity for companies like carnation will come once companies like Nissan & Peugeot enters the market full time . A lot of these companies may find it cheaper to tie up with co' s like Carnantion & Roadworx ( A co. promoted by ex MD of Skoda ) if I have got the name right . This will reduce Go to Market time for them as well as give them a nation wide high quality foot print of service network .
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:15   #50
Senior - BHPian

Carnation has opened in Chembur quite a while back. Ichibaan Honda shut down and Carnation took it's place.
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:15   #51
BANNED

Honda is wrong target for Jagdish Khattar's Carnation Auto. Instead he must target Skoda and bring respite to owners.
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:27   #52
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Honda is wrong target for Jagdish Khattar's Carnation Auto. Instead he must target Skoda and bring respite to owners.
If I understand correctly, carnation is a multibrand service centre and would service skoda's as well.

Roadworx- floated by ex MD of Skoda - Does he have a clean slate? - worring....
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:46   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Carnation has opened in Chembur quite a while back. Ichibaan Honda shut down and Carnation took it's place.
Everyone's taking advantage of Ichibaan Honda! A new dealer - Apex Honda - took over the exact location that Ichibaan had at worli (right after worli naka).

Quote:
- Oil + filter - Rs.1000/-
I don't see how. The OHC drinks what, 3.5 - 4 liters of the gooey stuff? 497, which is what the Linkway invoice says, is spot on.
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:59   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
If I understand correctly, carnation is a multibrand service centre and would service skoda's as well.
Right now, they service Maruti, Hyundai, TATA and Honda. This info was given to me by their service advisor when I took my car for servicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't see how. The OHC drinks what, 3.5 - 4 liters of the gooey stuff? 497, which is what the Linkway invoice says, is spot on.
Linkway is Honda A.S.S.? My WagonR took about 3.8 litres of engine oil during my last service at Carnation. At about Rs211/litre, it came to around Rs900 + labor. So I assumed Rs. 1000/- (including oil filter) to be OK for OHC.
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:06   #55
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...oid-place.html

Seems the picture at carnation isn't all that rosy(or whatever shade of pink a carnation is )
Old 6th August 2009, 07:39   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Secondly, the problem here is manpower. He may get all the parts he wants, but the people working in his service centres are the same people who earlier used to work in Tata/Hyundai/Ford service centres. Unless JK sets up a proper training centre for all his mechanics, I dont see Carnation as a success.
And a lot have worked for Honda dealers' service stations too. It is not as if Hoda does not have attrition.
Old 6th August 2009, 07:50   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit27 View Post
Bigger opportunity for companies like carnation will come once companies like Nissan & Peugeot enters the market full time . A lot of these companies may find it cheaper to tie up with co' s like Carnantion & Roadworx ( A co. promoted by ex MD of Skoda ) if I have got the name right . This will reduce Go to Market time for them as well as give them a nation wide high quality foot print of service network .
I wish a FIAT tie-up Carnation/Roadworx etc.. to change their bad image in India
Old 6th August 2009, 08:02   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
You are right. The need for providing better services to Skoda customers is more but volume are higher in Honda (and Toyota also). The potential is there due to higher parts cost being charged by their dealers.

I will not underestimate Mr. Khattar and assume that he must have seen all the potential targets and must be in the process of ramping up operations.

In the long run, I foresee a possibility of Car manufacturers appointing Carnation as and authorised service centre, at least in unrepresented areas.
Old 6th August 2009, 10:07   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I wish a FIAT tie-up Carnation/Roadworx etc.. to change their bad image in India
I wouldn't go to Roadworx even if they were paying me to service my car with them. It's run by the same person who's Skoda dealership did this -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rned-year.html
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:14   #60
BHPian

Now Carnation ties up with DC. The article has been published in The Hindu.
Here is the Link.
The Hindu : Business / Companies : Carnation Auto ropes in Chhabria
Attached Thumbnails
Carnation Auto (Jagdish Khattar) sells Honda parts cheaper. EDIT: Tie up with DC-in21_chhabria_5199f.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks