Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:36   #61
Senior - BHPian

Well, I read it in the Hindu too. For all the feedback we have seen on DC so far, whether this move by Carnation is a step in the right direction is something that one has to wait and watch.
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:48   #62
Senior - BHPian

DC Design Available for the masses, Bought to you by Carnation

The Hindu Business Line : Carnation, DC Designs in new auto drive
Quote:
Carnation Auto, Mr Jagdish Khattar’s multi-brand auto sales and service venture, has tied up with DC Designs to offer customised solutions for passenger cars.
Weird & Wacky Mod Jobs Episode III, Coming soon to a Shop near you!
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:58   #63
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitewheel View Post
Now Carnation ties up with DC. The article has been published in The Hindu.
Here is the Link.
The Hindu : Business / Companies : Carnation Auto ropes in Chhabria
Yep now DC will get a nation wide presence through Carnation, also most likely all guys who get their cars modified with carnation (backend DC) will continue to get them serviced aswell with carnation resulting in repeat business.

It is a good way to attract customers.

This would be applicable maily for cars out of warranty, as most individual get their cars DC modifed only after the initial years.

With increase in the number of years warranty that car manufacturers provide the ditternet for modifications is increasing.
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:31   #64
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Very smart move on the part of Carnation & well as DC. Carnation gets an additional revenue source, differentiation point & magnet, while DC gets a nationwide network. DC's new kits are pretty much bolt on stuff and can be handled by any competent workshop. This move, alongwith others, just goes to show how serious Carnation is about shaking up the market.

After all, at the helm of affairs is an extremely distinguished personality.
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:48   #65
BHPian

Well the basic idea behind Carnation by JK was to catter the huge after sales service market. Today if you check the *** of all the available car manufacturers in India, they are not able to keep pace with growing number of customers and the number of service centers they have. So ideally JK's plan is to tie up with these car manufacturers and authorize the service it provides to their products. Which indeed is a win win situation for both the manufacturer and Carnation.

So Honda Seil should be fine as long as they make sure their cars are serviced with similar quality control checks at Carnation and not bother much about the OE parts imported from Thailand Honda and at the same time make sure that Honda Seil provides parts at par in comparison to their international pricing.

This would indeed increase the sale of Honda Cars as customer would always know that Honda Seil cars can be serviced at reliable places like Carnation as well.

This is my personal view.
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:27   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post

So Honda Seil should be fine as long as they make sure their cars are serviced with similar quality control checks at Carnation and not bother much about the OE parts imported from Thailand Honda and at the same time make sure that Honda Seil provides parts at par in comparison to their international pricing.
This would indeed increase the sale of Honda Cars as customer would always know that Honda Seil cars can be serviced at reliable places like Carnation as well.
Well i accept this. Indeed a very smart move. But a better move by Honda should be to give the accessories at an affordable price. So those who want their cars get modded alone will go to Carnation. Lets wait and watch.
Old 16th December 2009, 14:40   #67
Senior - BHPian

Carnation Auto multi-brand auto solutions in Bangalore

Hey guys,

This morning while driving to office, I saw this new place on ORR between marathahalli and Cisco Office, which looked like an all brand service center, with the name DC Solutions. Does anyone has any info about this?
If not, I'll try to check out tomorrow and update here.

- Jag
Old 16th December 2009, 15:05   #68
Team-BHP Support

At the marathahalli junction is a banner advetising Carnation
Old 17th December 2009, 08:18   #69
BHPian

Today's TOI has a news item that mentions Carnation has opened its centre in Bangalore ( at marthahalli). Did anyone happen to see this as to where exactly is it located ?
Old 17th December 2009, 08:32   #70
BHPian

@ Jaguar, Right this is the Multi Brand Service center setup by Carnation, owned by ex boss of Maruti Mr. Jagadish Khattar. They have a collaboration with DC.
@joecherian, Location is as depicted below (Its Opp to Aricent, Next to Cisco Office and Cessna Business Tech Park on Outer Ring Road, between Maratahalli and Sarjapur)
Attached Thumbnails
Carnation Auto (Jagdish Khattar) sells Honda parts cheaper. EDIT: Tie up with DC-photo.jpg  

Last edited by deepakchiniwal : 17th December 2009 at 08:33.
Old 17th December 2009, 15:12   #71
Senior - BHPian

Looks like it was just a formal inauguration. I wanted to stop by and get the details today, but the gates were closed and painting and other work was going on.
Old 18th December 2009, 00:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

Here is some more info: ?We?ll fill the void in car service industry soon? - 1 - *Autos - MSN India

@Mods, could you change the thread title to Carnation Auto multi-brand auto solutions in Bangalore?
Old 18th December 2009, 10:15   #73
Team-BHP Support

Through a colleague in my office whose friend manages the place. The are offering a free wash/ check up to a few to monitor services. I have put my name down to see how it goes!
Old 18th December 2009, 10:19   #74
BHPian

@ Ajmat, where do you register. Its right in front of my Home, let me try them
Old 29th December 2009, 20:31   #75
BHPian

Does anybody have any idea whether they're already operational and any feedback on their services ? Im interested in a paint touch up/tinkering job for the doors and bumper of my Swift and if theyre good, would seriously look at getting it done there, depending on the quality of their paint booth and technicians,

Im a big fan of JK and frankly this is the reason im considering Carnation instead of a Maruti authorised centre

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks