europeans - out

so that leaves India - get a Marina !
ROTFLMAO .... oops.

Hey what about the Revo from Pakistan?

Revo Launch
Old 28th June 2005, 17:51   #18
DRC
BHPian

@shuvc, I do agree, when we talk , we only talk to Indian reps of respective companies.. But Talk to two dealers of the same manufacturers.. You will most likely hear the same set of "sorry to say" lies. After all they would be delivering what they are trained to do.. Hence it all roots back to the original manufacturers...
OK Let me share one more experience.. A typical Indian one..
Maruti: I had seen a ad of New face lifted esteem. Fall in love again.. No price info yet. Same day I went to the RNS. Honestly they obliged to tell all the technical difference.. all true.. Now price? "we dont know the price yet, We are still having old ones. If you book today, I can give 50K discount"
After I figured out the price at another dealer next day it was 10K cheaper after the discount price offered.

AND I am not complaining about a car from any of these Jap/korean cars, Its the vendor/mafrs attitude towards the customer. and If we still go ahead, and have to expect a relation ship with the dealer, we ARE at the mercy of their services. Believe me It my experience!

@Type0, Petra, a perfect car but for some annoying rattles which Fiat (not sundaram alone) has failed to fix. If I have to put on some loud music or wear head phones, I am still happy with the car. Just need to find a good guy to fix it. Surprisingly , as most complain about , I dont have an issue with teh FE.
Old 28th June 2005, 17:53   #19
DRC
BHPian

Hi Normally crazy, at times I am crazy too..Thanks for adding more confusion to an already confused guy..

BTW, I am still open with Innova, So Japs may not be completely out.. I change my stand..

Last edited by DRC : 28th June 2005 at 18:02.
Old 28th June 2005, 18:00   #20
Team-BHP Support

DRC, the people you are talking about are salesmen. These are people you will not have any contact with once the sale is complete. All servicing is done by a completly different set of people (good or bad is a different issue).

When you go shopping for a house, you don't make your purchase decision solely on what the real estate agent does or does not say. Talking BS is part of their job. It does not reflect the end product.

And the irony of this whole thread is that you drive a Fiat, widely known as having the worst customer service in the country!
Old 28th June 2005, 22:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I guess even "Aadix" had recently posted that his father did not fit into the front seat of the Octavia. Thats why he was not considering it at all

GTO
yes this is true.
dad impression of the car has dropped like hell. often wonders how his other friends are able to sustain long journeys in such cramped place.

me on the other hand found the octi perfect for my height! i guess it's built for the avg sized indian!
Old 28th June 2005, 23:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, my uncle got the Skoda after he fell in love with the solid drive and the torque. He used to ride in the back seat in his chauffered Lancer, but in the Skoda he rides in front. Space is tight and the other thing is the front seat is humungus and is like a sheild in front of you.

Try the Corolla, it has taller seating than the Optra and holds its value well.

Last edited by Mpower : 28th June 2005 at 23:43.
Old 29th June 2005, 00:05   #23
Team-BHP Support

DRC, did you compare the octy to the corolla? if you prefer a bigger car the optra NY edition (remember it is a korean car with a chevy badge) or a SUV might be your best bet. I am 5' 9" and my chauffer is 6' 0" and we fit in the octy. we are a bit tight but i prefered the tight space of the octy to the roll of the corolla.

There is a new sonata out or a used honda accord might also suit you better.
Old 29th June 2005, 12:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
@Type0, Petra, a perfect car but for some annoying rattles which Fiat (not sundaram alone) has failed to fix. If I have to put on some loud music or wear head phones, I am still happy with the car. Just need to find a good guy to fix it. Surprisingly , as most complain about , I dont have an issue with teh FE.
Hi DRC. Are the rattles from the back? Even I get them - but only on bad roads. I think it is the rear seat thingie. And yes, with music and a smooth road the car is a pleasure.
Old 29th June 2005, 12:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
And the irony of this whole thread is that you drive a Fiat, widely known as having the worst customer service in the country!
It provides all the more reason for him to be cautious about dealer and service network. Once bitten, twice shy! ( OT: In Pune, Fiat customer service is positively among the best).
Old 29th June 2005, 16:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

DRC, sorry to hear that you've had such bad experiences. But pretty much every buyer has had to go through this to a certain extent. And like Rtech explained, what the salesman knows or does not know shouldn't make a difference in your decision. But, IMO, A.S.S should. So maybe you should talk to people owning the cars/brands that you have stopped considering and get an idea of what kind of A.S.S the dealerships provide. Go through the archives at team-bhp. And also have a look at mouthshut.com to user reviews of the cars and dealerships.

I doubt the TATAs will please as your main concern about your Fiat is the rattles. Like navin, i'd suggest you have a look at the corrolla. And if not, then an SUV would be fine in terms of space.
Old 29th June 2005, 20:07   #27
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
. Like navin, i'd suggest you have a look at the corrolla. And if not, then an SUV would be fine in terms of space.
I was considering Innova (tho' not SUV).

OTOH, Keep the Fiat, forget the rattle ( I may just change my mind when I start driving home now)
Old 29th June 2005, 20:10   #28
DRC
BHPian

@Type0, There is a skweek from LHS of teh dash board, It had alot other rattles but most of them are fixed (good job Fiat ),

Other than that I dont have any issue at all
Old 29th June 2005, 23:48   #29
BHPian

@DRC.... u seem to be of the physique of my dad, and look more on the negative sides of everything.......

u can go and have a look at fusion and tavera/innova....both are good cars...

BTW: are u really planning on....eh....buying a car coz anything under your budget ( i suppose 1 m)..will not fit your needs ( if u want a sedan...)...for a second hand buy..look for an accord....wonderfull machine and wont let u complain...( and a honda)

and regarding that jap/amr/eur/kor manufacturers....all are the same...the top concern for indian customer is price tag+FE.PERIOD.

the concerns change to performance/luxury only after 2 m mark.......and the volumes of cars above that brakett are too less to provide a whole range of options in a car..like 2-3 diff engines n blah...

indian car market is not mature yet...and we better accept it
Old 30th June 2005, 11:02   #30
DRC
BHPian

Hi BuRnT RuBbEr, You may be right, I tend to live on the -ve side.. I may have to improve here..

On the plan of buying a new car... Yes I do have a plan to upgrade, but not very concrete though.. As you say it may be because of the -ve impact of my present ownership experience..
Now If I can over come the -veness I probably wont...else I'll..

Most Viewed