Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:53   #16
gpa
Senior - BHPian

A few of the accessories are nice, but I don't think the Disney branded ones are going to go down well with customers.
Old 3rd August 2009, 13:02   #17
BHPian

ABS, very good information, perhaps a great initiative by TATA to pamper Nano. By the way you seem to have marked few items using pencil? so planning to buy those?
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:22   #18
abs
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
ABS, very good information, perhaps a great initiative by TATA to pamper Nano. By the way you seem to have marked few items using pencil? so planning to buy those?
Yes & No. They are for getting comparative quote from GP road, Chennai and checking them out in person at Concorde motors for deciding.

Saw a pic of of Vichare's Nano with Front and rear bull bars. Bull bar is no 1 my priority list.

Will have to check if the Mirage Audio system is worth the 8.7 k. I have an amp and 4 speakers which I removed from my M800 for fixing in the Nano. Any opinions?

Other Nano allotee's in TBHP - Please discuss your accessory preferences and reasoning in this thread.

I visited a yard where some Nano's were stored, in Chennai, a couple of weeks back, as my wife wanted to see it. The friend who took me was very apprehensive about its ruggedness (he is a SUV guy selling Mahindra Tanks!!! with whom I interacted when I got my Xylo). He drove it from the offloading yard outside Chennai to the in-city temp yard (it is actually the guest house of the MD of the dealer). Started the engine and had a feel of the noise level and the AC effectiveness. AC was very good. Noise level was not as high and terrible as the friend described (he compared it to noise made by Chennai Share Auto's). Couldn't drive it as it was sandwiched bumper to bumper. He told that a couple of Nano's were delivered by their dealership in Chennai but not much publicity was given to it.
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:08   #19
abs
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
i like each and every accessory BUT why the hell is the disney cover offered?? is it for kids??
Yes Obviously! Remember Ratan Tata's Model Nano Family? FM&2K (Father Mother and 2 Kids) on a bike. Kids are expected to help the dad cover the car. And what better motivation for kids to help than seeing a disney pic in the cover while helping dad.
Old 4th August 2009, 10:43   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Superb strategy by Tata, and a wide list of accessories there.

Look, no one expects the cheapest car in the world to come loaded with goodies. The good thing is, the most popular accessories are also *Nano* priced. I mean, rubber mats for 600 bucks, mud flaps for 150, security system for 2700, sunfilm for 867....in effect, Nano owners need not look at the after-market accessory shops at all. Company certified accessories are so well priced! There's even the body kit for 9,000 bucks and alloy wheels for 2000 each. Reasonable pricing that will only benefit the customer, while also helping the dealer's (and Tatas) bottom line.
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:01   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked up the Anti-Slip Mat. And it's a .

Tata Nano - Official Accessories List!-nano-antislip-mat.jpg

At 57/-, price is perfect. And it works. Am going to pick up a few more.

One Suggestion for Tata : You could make this mat in the shape of a Nano, instead of having a small Nano at the Top.

@SAM, pls check this material for the next time you get these mats for JBL.

Last edited by condor : 23rd November 2009 at 11:06.
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

IMHO thats a good list of accessories.Though better Alloy wheel designs need to come up.
Old 20th December 2009, 18:32   #23
BHPian

Hi, Nice to see such an exhaustive list of Accessories that to be price reasonably. I just wanted to have the feedback on the Car Audio system including the speakers. One of my friend is asking me for the advice on the car audio of his recently delivered Tata Nano. Since you have very limited scope with only one system, I asked my friend to wait till his first servicing or we can get some after market stuff. Please advice!
Old 20th December 2009, 19:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs View Post
Saw a pic of of Vichare's Nano with Front and rear bull bars. Bull bar is no 1 my priority list.
Just curious but why?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ash-guard.html

This being an official Tata accessory, some of these concerns might be misplaced but why risk it anyway?
Old 20th December 2009, 20:07   #25
Team-BHP Support

I wonder why Disney characters because the Pokemon characters would've gone better with it IMO
Old 11th April 2010, 19:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

This is excellent stuff by TATA. Accessories go in tandem with the price of the car. Was very surprised to know the prices. I still cant believe it. I was always in the perception that when you buy a car, they generally loot us with the accessories pricing and reason why many go for after market products outside of dealership.

Disney stuff? It may not go down very well for most general users. Remember its an economy car and many families like a couple and 1 or 2 young kids would love the disney stuff. I am sure it would be a hit with such small families. Anyways, since they offer wide range of accessories, its acceptable since the customer does the choice. Moreover, the NANO looks like a nice toy, disney stuff would go well with it. If these stuff fit some where, its on a NANO, no other car. Who knows, they may come up with a lot more cartoon characters.

I wish they also should have had the option of tinted glasses. And regarding the alloys, I believe there are 2 offerings. One is V shaped and one is Y shaped. Does anyone know the make of the alloys?

Last edited by funkykar : 11th April 2010 at 19:06.
Old 19th August 2010, 22:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
Hi, Nice to see such an exhaustive list of Accessories that to be price reasonably. I just wanted to have the feedback on the Car Audio system including the speakers. One of my friend is asking me for the advice on the car audio of his recently delivered Tata Nano. Since you have very limited scope with only one system, I asked my friend to wait till his first servicing or we can get some after market stuff. Please advice!
Request kindly refer to my post in the thread 'TATA NANO - List of all issues' on the stereo selection problem faced by me and my way of solving it.
Old 27th August 2010, 21:27   #28
BHPian

hello guys,
Its sad that the dealership's know nothing about these accessories and are selling mostly OEM. And, owning a nano, i have not received the list of accessories yet! The dealership does not have it either. In addition to that, the nano website does not have any details regarding the accessories! To my wonder, the normal tata motors (cars) does not even list Nano in their cars list!

Tata Cars

This is not something good as i am not able to get proper information regarding nano genuine accessories from anywhere!
Old 29th August 2010, 12:55   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
hello guys,
Its sad that the dealership's know nothing about these accessories and are selling mostly OEM. And, owning a nano, i have not received the list of accessories yet! The dealership does not have it either. In addition to that, the nano website does not have any details regarding the accessories! To my wonder, the normal tata motors (cars) does not even list Nano in their cars list!

Tata Cars

This is not something good as i am not able to get proper information regarding nano genuine accessories from anywhere!
Whether tata is not considering nano as a car ? There were instances when the tata service centre considered nano owners as third-rate customers...

However, Tata Nano is listed in the official website Tata Motors - HomePage
under the menu 'Products in India'.

Last edited by KMohanan : 29th August 2010 at 12:56. Reason: Clarity improvement
Old 31st March 2012, 16:53   #30
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano - Official Accessories List!

Hi,

Can someone post the latest list of Nano accessories and prices? The accessories manager in KHT motors is quoting ridiculous prices for simple things like decals and showed me a list of just 4 accessories.

Most Viewed