Team-BHP - Corsa 1.4 GSI 20K second servicing
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Corsa 1.4 GSI 20K second servicing (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6280-corsa-1-4-gsi-20k-second-servicing.html)

20K second service, it costed me around Rs 6K for this servicing, apart from oil, air filter and oil changes the spark plugs got changed,seen lost of oil sepage in an around the area of below battery, near the radiator, the service guys didn't gave any assuring answer for the oil sepage, but claims will not happen again, do we need to change the plugs every 20K kms?, one wired problem, right front tire is most worn out, the other 3 are quit good in comparision, have always done wheel alingment and balancing in every 5K interval.
Petrol smell comes if we swicth on the AC for long this is the repeated complaint for last 1.5 yrs, service personals say it a common problem in CORSA and there is NO FIX available yet, any one experienced this?

my corsa 1.4gsi went for its 20k 2nd service sometime back ..the usual was done oil change etc ...spark plugs were fine ..

never experienced any oil seepage under the car ..
never smelt petrol with the a/c on either ..but yeah once did have trouble with the vent control of the car ..(with the vent closed and a/c on we could still smell gas /pollution inside the cabin) but that was fixed ..

this problem of smell outside the car coming into the cabin is among may models i guess. I heard that the sonata also had this problem.

dont know about jap, german branded ones.

Its May 2003 Model, the smell of petrol is realling annoying, but cann't do any thing except apply more car freshner.. :mad:

i like the smell of petrol ,i love petrol pumps .. lol:

i dont have that problem anymore in my car ..it can be fixed tahts for sure ..

Quote:

do we need to change the plugs every 20K kms?,
Isn't it usually done every 40K kms?

Check your car manual, it'll be mentioned in the service schedule.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramods
20K second service, it costed me around Rs 6K for this servicing, apart from oil, air filter and oil changes the spark plugs got changed,seen lost of oil sepage in an around the area of below battery, near the radiator, the service guys didn't gave any assuring answer for the oil sepage, but claims will not happen again, do we need to change the plugs every 20K kms?, one wired problem, right front tire is most worn out, the other 3 are quit good in comparision, have always done wheel alingment and balancing in every 5K interval.
Petrol smell comes if we swicth on the AC for long this is the repeated complaint for last 1.5 yrs, service personals say it a common problem in CORSA and there is NO FIX available yet, any one experienced this?

Sir,
I have a 2004 model 1.4 GSi but haven't faced any such issuses. I am planning to install the K&N replacement filter from Four Seasons mumbai.

Regards,

Mitul