Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2009, 16:23   #1
BHPian

Need help: Scorpio prices have changed

Hi,

I have booked a scorpio VLX in Bangalore. When I had booked it the ex-showroom price was 9.22L. However, since my loan is taking time to get sanctioned and disbursed, the prices of scorpio have since been updated in the last couple of days. The model that I am looking at is now priced at 9.16L ex-showroom Bangalore.
Called up the dealer, and he says that they have not been informed of the prices yet, but prices at the time of delivery would be applicable. Does anyone have an idea how long does it take to get the updated rate list with the dealers?
I can get the loan disbursed tomorrow, however would like to wait if it is just a matter of couple of days. Also, need to travel next weekend, and must have the car by this week. So potentially can give up on the 6k in case it is going to take too long.
Is there a way to contact the Mahindra guys and ask them what the deal is in such cases?

Note to mods: Please merge it in case you think there is a similar thread.
Old 4th August 2009, 19:05   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Called up the dealer, and he says that they have not been informed of the prices yet, but prices at the time of delivery would be applicable.
They would conveniently say that, wouldn't they? Get a hold of Mahindra (via their website) and have them intervene. Better still, call them up. If we customers have to cope up with a price hike between the booking & delivery interim time period, we ought to benefit from price cuts as well.

Quote:
Does anyone have an idea how long does it take to get the updated rate list with the dealers?
Same day, if not earlier than public release. He's just trying to profit from the situation.
Old 4th August 2009, 19:10   #3
BHPian

When i visited one of the dealerships here last week they said the offical price reduction info from mahindra reaches them much later after the press announcement. This made no sense to me as it is us customers who are caught between their problems. In fact the price quoted by the dealer for LX was 6K more than what was quoted in the mahindra website. So as GTO suggested try to get hold of the contact details from their website and talk to them.
Old 4th August 2009, 19:19   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
They would conveniently say that, wouldn't they? Get a hold of Mahindra (via their website) and have them intervene. Better still, call them up. If we customers have to cope up with a price hike between the booking & delivery interim time period, we ought to benefit from price cuts as well.

Same day, if not earlier than public release. He's just trying to profit from the situation.
Thanks GTO, but I called up other dealers in the city as well (got my friend to call the rival dealership), and they are saying the same thing, that they have not been updated with the new pricing.
I searched through the website, and I can only find a mail id. Will shoot them a mail in any case.

Meanwhile, if someone can share a telephone number of M & M, where I can call and ask this issue, would really really appreciate that.
Old 4th August 2009, 19:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Since when did the prices drop ? Here's a draft of what I received and this is the latest prices.

SCORPIO LX (2.2 M-HAWK) ===> 878464
SCORPIO SLE (2.2 M-HAWK) ===> 992695
SCORPIO VLX (2.2 M-HAWK) ===> 1104723
SCORPIO VLX AT (2.2 M-HAWK) ===> 1187921
SCORPIO VLX BS IV (2.2 M-HAWK) ===> 1116622

Please note these are the on-road prices for the Scorp' in Bangy and this has been effective since June.
Old 4th August 2009, 20:11   #6
BHPian

Website shows a price cut

The Scorpio website does announce a price cut saying "18 new Features at Rs.70000 lesser." So Scorpio is definitely available at a lesser price than before.
Old 4th August 2009, 20:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Since when did the prices drop ? Here's a draft of what I received and this is the latest prices.

SCORPIO LX (2.2 M-HAWK) ===> 878464
SCORPIO SLE (2.2 M-HAWK) ===> 992695
SCORPIO VLX (2.2 M-HAWK) ===> 1104723
SCORPIO VLX AT (2.2 M-HAWK) ===> 1187921
SCORPIO VLX BS IV (2.2 M-HAWK) ===> 1116622

Please note these are the on-road prices for the Scorp' in Bangy and this has been effective since June.
Well, I was referring to the "ex-showroom" price, as displayed on Scorpio's website. :: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::
Till a few days back it was displaying:
VLX -BSIII 922400 (After selecting Karnataka, Bangalore)

However, now it displays:
VLX -BSIII 916400

This is perhaps due to the excise cut which was announced in the budget. Most manufacturers passed it on almost immediately, but perhaps M&M has taken some time to pass it on. Since I have been seeing this updated pricing since the last couple of days.
Old 4th August 2009, 22:22   #8
BHPian

It all depends on the car that you have chosen and to when that particular vehicle was invoiced by mahindras on to your dealer.

A couple of years back when the prices had gone up post Budget, my dealer charged me the new price. A month later I got a refund cheque for the difference amount with a letter stating that the vehicle was invoiced at the pre-budget price by the manufacturer.

BTW, in your case, since you need the car this week and 6K being a not to be an amount, I suggest you take delivery if your loan is processed.

Good luck with the car and wishing you many many smiling miles.

God bless.....
Old 5th August 2009, 12:08   #9
BHPian

Guys, I had sent a mail to M&M last night, I got a reply from them asking for the dealership name (today morning).

Within 15 mins of me sending the dealer name, I got a call from the dealer, saying that they got a call from M&M and they will be passing on the benefit to me. Really appreciate your inputs here. Thanks a lot guys.
For future reference, in case someone wants to send them an email:
CUSTOMERCARE@mahindra.com
Or call them:
1800226006/09935066006
Old 5th August 2009, 12:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Another case of prompt action by M&M and another delighted customer.
Old 5th August 2009, 12:54   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanmalhotra View Post
Within 15 mins of me sending the dealer name, I got a call from the dealer, saying that they got a call from M&M and they will be passing on the benefit to me.
My faith in Mahindra gets even more stronger.

Who is the dealer?
Old 5th August 2009, 13:54   #12
BHPian

[quote=Spitfire;1417158] My faith in Mahindra gets even more stronger.

what ever said and done, the quality of vehicle and the *** has to improve drastically.
Old 5th August 2009, 14:20   #13
Senior - BHPian

Great response by Mahindra. I wonder if other manufacturers would have been as prompt as this.
Old 5th August 2009, 15:21   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
My faith in Mahindra gets even more stronger.

Who is the dealer?
It is Sireesh auto. So far dealing with them has been rather nice. This particular case as well, to their credit, they did mention that they will pass the benefit over to me if they receive the updated numbers.
Old 5th August 2009, 15:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanmalhotra View Post
It is Sireesh auto. So far dealing with them has been rather nice. This particular case as well, to their credit, they did mention that they will pass the benefit over to me if they receive the updated numbers.
The manufacturer will hand out the new prices to the dealers on the 7th. Ensure you get your invoice made after that and this is what I got to know through a reliable source.

Most Viewed