Old 10th August 2009, 15:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

I was thinking the same, but now a days I see lot of Vistas on Bangalore roads

@karanraheja +1 to that
Old 10th August 2009, 16:41   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car.lover View Post
The engine for both of the cars is basically the same. On top of that, the Indica has a lot more space, more features, better ride quality and is priced better.

Then why does the Swift still have waiting times while the Indica is available immediately?
Nobody looks at the ride quality, engine, space etc. People have herd mentality. Our philosphy is simple: "All are buying Swift, I will also buy Swift, Nothing more nothing less". Indica vista looks better than older Indica, but Swift looks better than Vista.

Our likes and dislikes depend upon perception not actual facts. and of course Tata is still 5 yrs behind Japs in quality (such as plastics, dashboards etc.), marketing, advertisements etc. etc.

Other factors such as after sales service of Suzuki & Tatas are more and less the same
Old 10th August 2009, 16:43   #18
BHPian

I also think that Tata's reputation due to Indica journey might have played a part. There were constant upgrades / correction to the Indica after the first launch to sort issues. IMHO such experiments on themselves is what people are afraid of. And add to it the taxi image. I have heard these comments from many folks who are looking for a hatch.

Even Autocar giving Indica # 1 in a recent diesel fight (compared to Swift, Ritz and Punto) has not had too much of a positive impact.

My personal opinion is that it is an excellent VFM proposition based on the TD I have done. And lot of reliability related anxiety has been taken care of by plonking the MJD under the bonnet.
Old 10th August 2009, 17:28   #19
BHPian

I dont think the vista is lagging behind. We see lot more swifts, (especially here in bangalore) because the car was launched four years back. @Meer, i dont think i agree with you when you say that "reliability related anxiety has been taken care by plonking the MJD". Tata cars have always been known more for their reliability than anything else. MJD just gives more options at a reasonable pricing as compared to the Swift. Maruti always seems to extract a premium in-lieu for their so called A**. I remember speaking to the owner of a brand new swift and almost every quote he got from the service center - be it teflon coat/underbody coat/insurance etc - everything was inflated.
Old 10th August 2009, 17:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
safari_lover,
Is the 30% for the old Indica a guesstimate ? For I dont see that many Vistas on the road. I guess the figure for the Indicab/BPO segment would be much much higher.
Yes, the 30% for the old Indica is a guesstimate. There is not much of a price difference between the old Indica DLS and the Vista TDi Terra versions. So IMHO whoever wants to buy the old Indica would be tempted to buy the Vista TDi, unless, of course it is a fleet operator.

I could be completely wrong about it, btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post

Err, Correct me if im wrong. Didnt MSIL stop producing Swift P after Glam version. So those 6500 units might constitute more % of diesel Swifts. Im just guessing here.
May be you are correct. But the sales figure I quoted are for the month of June. I don't exactly remember if Glam was released in that month. As I said earlier, I could be wrong here.

However, I also think the Swift is facing more competition from the Ritz than the Vista.

Last edited by safari_lover : 10th August 2009 at 17:43.
Old 10th August 2009, 17:52   #21
naj
BHPian

Safery kit required.

All the vista needs is a safety kit (read ABS and Air bags).
The Vista has otherwise all the ingredients to make it a good car.
I feel that once it gets the safety Features many people will buy it including me.
Old 10th August 2009, 19:11   #22
BHPian

After so many new hatches launched, where is the real competition to swift ? Character and charm of the swift still rules hearts.
Old 10th August 2009, 19:16   #23
BHPian

Vista may have the same engine as Swift to say, but when you drive the both, there's hell lot of difference in the driveability and handling, where Swift scores over it hands down!
Many manufactures, including the original Fiat, have the multijet engine, but Maruti/Suzuki has best tuned this engine in Swift, which I think till date no one else has matched!
Old 10th August 2009, 19:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
All the vista needs is a safety kit (read ABS and Air bags).
The Vista has otherwise all the ingredients to make it a good car.
I feel that once it gets the safety Features many people will buy it including me.
The LDi/VDi dont have airbags. The ABS is rarely available in the diesel versions. So this isnt really a point of contention.
Old 10th August 2009, 19:18   #25
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
After so many new hatches launched, where is the real competition to swift ? Character and charm of the swift still rules hearts.
Its all about timing i think - the launch was timed perfectly. Now there is a little competition like punto, but the swift will still rule the roost because its a tried and tested vehicle already. VFM and peace of mind.
Old 10th August 2009, 19:25   #26
BHPian

Also regarding the Tata TASS I've an incident to tell you. My friend bought Vista petrol last month, and he got some stuff free from Tata. He was always told that he'll get this stuff in 2-3 days, but he never got and dealer always had one excuse or the other.
One day when he lost his cool, and talked tough with the dealer, the dealer in turn said 'I don't want to talk to you!' and banged down the phone!
I don't think any other company service guy would have enen done that, only Tata guys can do this!

Last edited by asethi : 10th August 2009 at 19:26.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:18   #27
BHPian

Its all about brand perception. Tata is still associated with partially wooden trucks that have "Horn OK Please" written on the back.

Also, while I have never driven an Indica Vista, the Indica V2 was miles behind the Swift in terms of quality, ride, fit and finish. I'm not sure if the Vista has fully bridged the gap.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:22   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I was thinking the same, but now a days I see lot of Vistas on Bangalore roads

@karanraheja +1 to
that

Yes me too share the same feeling

There are lot of Vista's on Bangy roads these days, almost enough to outnumber the Swift DDiS.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:52   #29
BHPian

Every carmaker & his neighbour seems to be offering the 1.3 Multijet, still Swift diesel seems to be beating everyone hands down.
It seems to like: Even though Devaki(Fiat) was the real mother of Lord Krishna(1.3 multijet engine), & Yashoda(Maruti) just brought him up, he is more known as Yashoda Nandan rather than Devaki Nandan.
Such are the ironies of life, forget humans, it does'nt even spare companies
Old 10th August 2009, 21:00   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Even though Devaki(Fiat) was the real mother of Lord Krishna(1.3 multijet engine), & Yashoda(Maruti) just brought him up, he is more known as Yashoda Nandan rather than Devaki Nandan.
Very well said!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks