Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 21:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

to the OP. Have you ever experienced what goes on inside the average tata showroom or service center? If you have, the answer to this question would become fairly self evident!
Old 10th August 2009, 22:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Greenhorn, you can't leave us hanging us like that. Please let us know what happens inside the average tata showroom or service center. :-)
Old 10th August 2009, 22:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Why not TATA?

My brother bought a Vista QJ alomst 2 months back. He is yet to recieve the owner's manual - Apparently its out of print!

He had to literally fight the dealer to get the first service done? Why? Since he did not have the owners manual - which has the free service coupons!
Old 10th August 2009, 22:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

@ Gilead, Read the test drive and ownership reviews of tata vehicles here on team bhp
Old 10th August 2009, 22:27   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
All the vista needs is a safety kit (read ABS and Air bags).
The Vista has otherwise all the ingredients to make it a good car.
I feel that once it gets the safety Features many people will buy it including me.
@Naj - How many people in India drive cars which have ABS and Airbags. I bet maybe about 5% of cars on road may have these options. And swift diesel doesnt come with an airbag as well. Its all optional which pushes the price close to a decent size sedan.
I wonder what car you drive and whether it has these features.
Old 10th August 2009, 23:44   #36
BHPian

hmm, the after sales of tatas' has never really been up to mark - many a times it even scares me when i see the mechanics get behind the wheels of my car and drive it so crazily inside the service centre!
but, talking of the Vista, this is a car that is miles ahead of the older generation Indica, especially with the MJD under its hood. I own an Indica and when I TD the Vista, I was completely taken aback by the refinement and also the interiors.
Swift is more of a performance car, whereas, the Vista scores over comfort and excellent driveablilty.
I can only hope that Tata comes out with a facelifted Vista, removes the Indica badge and corrects faults reported by customers since launch (which is what happened with the Indica years ago!)
Old 10th August 2009, 23:48   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Why not TATA?

My brother bought a Vista QJ alomst 2 months back. He is yet to recieve the owner's manual - Apparently its out of print!

He had to literally fight the dealer to get the first service done? Why? Since he did not have the owners manual - which has the free service coupons!
Are you serious ?

This is hilarious now when I read it, but it sure must have been for your cousin.

Greenhorn: I completely agree !
Old 10th August 2009, 23:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

its not so rare. I think its vivek.singh.73 who had to run around from TASC to TASC because for some reason, his vehicle did not show up in their CRM...
Old 10th August 2009, 23:56   #39
Team-BHP Support

I went to collect my cousins Safari from a routine service. That was the day I decided I was not going to buy a Tata vehicle in the near future !
Old 11th August 2009, 03:55   #40
VBV
BHPian

Ride quality is very subjective IMHO.
Old 11th August 2009, 06:14   #41
BHPian

I see few reasons being -
1. Few people want to be associated with Indica (taxi image)
2. Maruti got engine as well as the car around it right. Tata needs to get the car around the engine in much better shape
Old 11th August 2009, 08:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

Lets not turn this into a Tata vs MSIL battle. Instead lets put forth valid points.

Around this time last year, when the Vista was launched, I had posted that looking at the specs and the pricing, neither the Petrol nor the Diesel Swift will feel any heat. A couple of fanboys blasted me trying to justify that the Vista Diesel has height adjustable seats, blah blah blah.

All said and done, the DDiS sells for 2 reasons

1: Mileage-crazy Indians : After all FE is what sells. And the Swift has had the 1st mover advantage here. Add to all the hype and hoopla of waiting times and all, and people were convinced that this is the car for the future.

2: Performance-crazy enthusiasts : People who buy it for the turbo surge, dream about Petes tuning box, tarox brakes and what not

Plus the Swift is a highly-customizable car. One of the reasons I bought the car was I wanted to fit the Angel Eyes, 15" Lensos and all
Old 11th August 2009, 08:43   #43
BHPian

My wife and I were thinking of buying a hatchback among other options I went into Tata Showroom to actually look at the Xenon and saw the Vista; it looks much better (My opinion) and is a better VFM proposition. I was really admiring the vehicle when my wife walks by and says "What are you looking at a taxi for?". Not many want to be the "cabbie"
Old 11th August 2009, 08:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

as mentioned by others swift is highly modifiable.Unlike the indica well i wouldnt want to be seen in a "modified" indica.
Plus people dont trust tata cars compared to the HUGE fan base of msil.
swift is better looking also.
Old 11th August 2009, 09:49   #45
BHPian

Well put simply Vista is not selling because it is too much like old Indica . I do not think service is an issue as I have an Idica for about 2 + years and have not faced any issue regards service it is simple to repair and once you exhaust the service coupons there is a "mistry " after every 1 km who can repair before you blink .
Since my requirement is for a driven car and not a driver's car I found it to be much superior to Punto . If only Tata could just spice up the interiors a bit & give ABS .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks