Team-BHP - Spotted: Peugeot 207 Testing on E-way !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Spotted: Peugeot 207 Testing on E-way !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/63337-spotted-peugeot-207-testing-e-way.html)

Spotted this Peugeot 207 being tested in Mumbai Pune E-way. Could manage just this one pic, car looked awesome. Not sure if this has already been posted ...
Spotted: Peugeot 207 Testing on E-way !!-dsc00171.jpg

Note from mod: Watermark added

207 is a great and big improvement upon 206!

but for me french only make good food and wine, not cars!

now who is teaming up with Peugeot to bring this in India?

Peugeot's second coming to India. Am sure they will have a hard time convincing customers of their commitment to the Indian soil. They ruined their credibility by shutting shop last time. It will be interesting to check out their strategy this time around.

Interesting bit! Did Peugeot have talks about a formal entry into India sometime in '06 ? For some reason I thought there was something discussed here about the car maker getting to India.

The car is good and almost all the new models from Peugeot are getting 5 stars from EuroNCAP.
The real issue will be providing reliability and good service. The biggest task for Peugeot will be to convince the Indian buyer. 309 is still a good car as far as handling and ride goes, but the manufacturer packed up. The second innings is quite tough to even initiate in India.
The cars are heavy, but they do have some good diesels with them. Placing the in the crowded small car market will again take some thinking. I hope they are not like Honda or skoda and place the car near to Rs. 5-7 lakh OTR.

I dont think Peugeot has any existing unit in India. They will atleast take one year to enter the small car market. CBU route is something they must not explore with small cars.

Plonk in a 160bhp engine and sell it. Love those 206 advts.

Surprised about this news though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1425827)
Interesting bit! Did Peugeot have talks about a formal entry into India sometime in '06 ? For some reason I thought there was something discussed here about the car maker getting to India.

I think they are still discussing. Till then, it is worth testing the cars and getting product right so that they can move fast. They need to improve volumes. They have not done as well as they should have in China

very nice scoop. so peugeot is finally coming back to india. try to catch 308 too. i have seen 308 few weeks back in pune.

I saw this exact same car at the Octroi naka on the Chembur - Vashi highway on Saturday. I was in the right most lane doing 100kmph when I spotted a Peugeot parked at the side. There was also a sky blue sedan standing with this car but I am not sure if it was a Peugeot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 1426022)
I saw this exact same car at the Octroi naka on the Chembur - Vashi highway on Saturday. I was in the right most lane doing 100kmph when I spotted a Peugeot parked at the side. There was also a sky blue sedan standing with this car but I am not sure if it was a Peugeot.

I also saw both these cars at the vashi octroi naka , infact after the octroi naka. The second car was not peugeot. It had a different logo a + sign made with 2 L's. I have not seen this logo earlier.

spotted same car in red colour with different logo, last week in pune, not sure if it was seet ibiza.

guys our country can do anything,for us everything is possible,
if the car is good & even if 1 enthusiasts buys the car & gives a positive feedback about the car,peugot will be the best seller of the year,
it happens only in india, past will be past lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiren (Post 1426148)
I also saw both these cars at the vashi octroi naka , infact after the octroi naka. The second car was not peugeot. It had a different logo a + sign made with 2 L's. I have not seen this logo earlier.

Was the logo something like this ?

http://mycitroen.ionichost.com/_bord...20complete.gif

A Citroen? Can we have the Megane R26R? :D

Maybe the Peugeot 207 GTi.