Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 10:52   #16
BHPian

Any idea if we might get different rubber on them ? The current 14 inchers are rather puny and I hope we get atleast a wider profile like the Logan's for e.g.

Edit: Just saw that it will be the same ones like on the QJD. The 1.4 looks a tight fit inside the bonnet

Last edited by indivic : 12th August 2009 at 10:55.
Old 12th August 2009, 11:09   #17
BHPian

Can we expect the same specs for the Indigo Vista also? If yes it will be good.
Old 12th August 2009, 11:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Trust Tata to keep on improving their products . Even though ABS etc should have been standard long ago, this is very much welcome. The new car seems to be loaded with features and Tata will price it well for sure. It would be interesting to see how Punto sales would be affected.

Bravo Tata . Bring it on.
I dont know how many in India are bothered with ABS & airbags. If given an option to choose from free music system or free airbags, it is obvious what most Indians will choose from. Indica Vista could not become a big hit not because of lack of ABS or airbags, but due to an image problem, that Tata cars are not trendy and Indian mentality of insulting anything made in India. Vista is a quite reasonable car and looks quite cool, but our mindset is destroying it. Most of the Swift sold are LDi (without ABS or airbags), Alto or Santro does not have airbags or ABS.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 21st January 2017 at 08:59. Reason: Spellchecked multiple errors. Please proof-read before posting, thanks.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:08   #19
xPK
BHPian

Definitely it's a good news. But for me, it doesn't seem logical to bring out vista 1.4 when punto 1.4 is still fresh (my logic might be very poor). I also wonder why nobody could spot any test mules? (or many of us have actually spotted it, but misinterpret it as regular vista). Or does it mean we aren't far way from punto 1.6? (considering linea 1.6 is almost at doorsteps)
Old 12th August 2009, 12:12   #20
BHPian

I think it's good of TATA to offer a 1.4 option as well, but I don't forsee these selling in huge numbers.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

I think there will be a major price difference between the 1.2 and 1.4 Vista, especially since the 1.4 wont get the Govt. Tax/Duty concession that the 1.2 has. But its definitely a welcome move especially considering that any customer looking for a petrol small car will easily overlook the Vista 1.2 since it was woefully underpowered. So the only customers they were really attracting were the Diesel ones.
I think Airbags should at least be an option on most cars. Its really strange that the Govt. has been really lazy about crash safety regulations. It does not benefit the people or the manufacturers except of course Maruti.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:24   #22
BHPian

I would just like to add here that the 1.2 Vista is by no means underpowered. I think it looks underpowered on paper, but in real life it is better to drive than the TDI.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunpn View Post
I dont know how many in India are bothered with ABS & airbags. If given an option to choose from free music system or free airbags, it is obvious what most Indians will choose from. Indica Vista could not become a big hit not because of lack of ABS or airbags, but due to an image problem, that Tata cars are not trendy and Indian mentality of insulting anything made in India. Vista is a quite reasonable car and looks quite cool, but our mindset is destroying it. Most of the Swift sold are LDi (without ABS or airbags), Alto or Santro does not have airbags or ABS.
The 800, Alto, Swift, Santro, NHC - Some of the best selling cars are all made in India. Not sure what you meant by that "insulting" statement. Was it that Tata is a 100% Indian company unlike MSIL and Hyundai ?

Also most of the Swifts sold are the VXi/VDi, though its a different issue that Airbags are not available on those models while ABS is optional.

Also Indians should realise that while music system can be easily retrofitted, ABS and Airbags cannot. So its better to take the right pick at the right time

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 21st January 2017 at 08:59. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 12th August 2009, 13:19   #24
BHPian

Any idea if the ABS option is available even on the Quadrajet?
Old 12th August 2009, 13:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
OT; no wonder they give you bad paint jobs etc. You dont trust them at all.

My bet is that this engine will come in the new Indigo first.
I like this car, and its got most of the things we want, but manufacturers wont give. Its the indian public that i dont trust!
Old 12th August 2009, 13:51   #26
BHPian

Great, Waiting for the ABS & Airbag, now with Blue & Me, thats great.
It is for a VFM + Upmarket feature. It will complete Swift Zxi, but not sure about the alloysif possible it should be 15" and the tyres should be 185 size.

But i would be buying Ignis-QuadraJet
Old 12th August 2009, 14:02   #27
xPK
BHPian

Some how I'm not able to digest the fact "ignis coming with 1.4P heart" when punto is already there. I'm guessing Ignis will be coming with 1.3QJet and current 1.2P SAFIRE. 1.4 looks more like a typo for me.

Last edited by xPK : 12th August 2009 at 14:14.
Old 12th August 2009, 14:04   #28
BHPian

This is 1 of the most exciting news that I had been waiting for. However will it be possible to retrofit a ABS kit and/or driver side airbag on the existing car? Can I replace the steering wheel or will I need to replace the complete dash? Also how reliable will this up gradation be?
Old 12th August 2009, 14:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

you dont. at least its not very feasible. Else I would have retrofitted it on my indica ages ago
Old 12th August 2009, 14:41   #30
BHPian

What stopped you from doing so? I mean what were the difficulties that you encountered?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed