Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 17:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

I must say, this is a neat proposition for the price. This one will be high on my list, after the polo ofcourse

cheers
Old 12th August 2009, 17:07   #32
BHPian

A good move by TATA but they should have done this long back when they had done their R & D and launched Vista. Hope that the interiors get some good quality finish to compete in the market.
Old 12th August 2009, 17:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

The only logical explanation I can think of is that this is a euro spec Vista tata is releasing here for beta testing
Old 12th August 2009, 17:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
Some how I'm not able to digest the fact "ignis coming with 1.4P heart" when punto is already there. I'm guessing Ignis will be coming with 1.3QJet and current 1.2P SAFIRE. 1.4 looks more like a typo for me.

There is no typo, it is the 1.4 engine.

the first photo is of indica safire 1.2 engine
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Vista Ignis 1.4 Ltr Safire with 90 Bhp Punto Engine. On the Road price.-dsc00693.jpg  

Old 12th August 2009, 18:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

and the next pics are of the 1.4 engines of safire ignis and punto 1.4 emotion.

the engine covers look almost the same except for the name change.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Vista Ignis 1.4 Ltr Safire with 90 Bhp Punto Engine. On the Road price.-tataindicavistaignissafireengine.jpg  

Tata Vista Ignis 1.4 Ltr Safire with 90 Bhp Punto Engine. On the Road price.-dsc00720.jpg  

Old 12th August 2009, 18:37   #36
BHPian

Completely hate the central mounted console, was praying before clicking here to see it removed. Dont know when they will decide to get rid of it. Atleast hope they dont do the same with indigo vista.
Old 12th August 2009, 19:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, both the petrol units in Vista, the 1.2 and 1.4 are from Fiat. 1.2 comes with VVT if I am not wrong.
The addition of 1.4 is good and this might be a good hatch, but now where near the Palio 1.6.
This is coming at a time when the 1.3 Swift is likely to come with 1.2 motor ( which is one of the best small car units available in India IMHO ). But Tata needs to improve quality in both product as well as A.S & S. Also some upgradation to looks wont harm. Here they have good opportunity to come up with some upgraded looks, but may be they are preserving for sedan.
The real thing to watch out will be the Sedan that will give stiff fight to Dzire 1.3.
Old 12th August 2009, 19:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

aaggo, have you heard anything about when the new indigo vista will be launched? Tata should be targeting the festive season.
Old 12th August 2009, 19:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
aaggo, have you heard anything about when the new indigo vista will be launched? Tata should be targeting the festive season.
I am also expecting new car launches near Diwali. I havent heard anything about the new Indigo Vista launch, but was speculating that with 1.4 under its hood and considering what Tata has done in the past with Indigo, this car will give good fight in petrol segment against Dzire. Tata has been strong on diesels, but with this motor in Indigo Vista, it will have a fair competition in petrol segment also.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t=Indigo+Vista
Old 12th August 2009, 20:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanth View Post
Completely hate the central mounted console, was praying before clicking here to see it removed. Dont know when they will decide to get rid of it. Atleast hope they dont do the same with indigo vista.
It depends from person to person.
I liked the new central console look in vista.

@Sid- Any news of diesel vista with abs and airbags as well?

@aaggoswami- As tata has launched Vista barely a year back i dont think any major changes will be done to the looks- maybe minor facelift when they launch with abs and airbags.

Last edited by harry10 : 12th August 2009 at 20:22.
Old 12th August 2009, 20:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

I think the engine will be a 90 bhp engine, not 95 bhp. Punto/Linea 1.4 L engine is originally 95 bhp, but detuned to 90 bhp. So expect the Vista to have the same spec 90 bhp engine.
Old 13th August 2009, 12:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Well i think TATA's ups is their diesel models which are sold in masses compared to petrol ones, so even if they are planning to comeupwith ABS and airbags options it should come on quadrajet engines as well as higher 1.4 petrol engine.Finally good to see tata thinking of those safety measures.
Any news on upcoming indigo vista??
Old 13th August 2009, 13:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

why do they need to use the name Ignis. its an old name used by Suzuki for a decade almost now.
Old 13th August 2009, 13:27   #44
BHPian

The way the Tata-Fiat JV works is pretty interesting.

A person books a Fiat car.The booking is done by Tata. Tata sends invoice to Fiat for the car.
Fiat manufactures the car.
Tata 'buys' the car from Fiat.
Tata then sells the car to the person through its dealership.

The entire process is pretty cumbersome.Why?
Well, Tata pays Fiat in bulk. So, your car might be ready in the Fiat yard (which is indicated on the online system), but during month ends, Fiat wouldnt release it because the complete payment is not done.And hence, even though the online system at the dealer shows that your car is ready, and ur sales guy also says so,you cannot receive the delivery.And then we all blame the sales guys for being liars as they are not able to live up to their promises of delivery within 4-5 days!

Only if Tata could make the process a lil bit more simple, purchasing a Fiat would have been a much more easier task!!!
Old 13th August 2009, 13:34   #45
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
This is 1 of the most exciting news that I had been waiting for. However will it be possible to retrofit a ABS kit and/or driver side airbag on the existing car? Can I replace the steering wheel or will I need to replace the complete dash? Also how reliable will this up gradation be?
Not Possible, not worth the hassel. Safety components like Airbags and ABS should never be added later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanth View Post
I love it, so its a matter of debate and personal choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
The way the Tata-Fiat JV works is pretty interesting.

A person books a Fiat car.The booking is done by Tata. Tata sends invoice to Fiat for the car.
Fiat manufactures the car.
Tata 'buys' the car from Fiat.
Tata then sells the car to the person through its dealership.

The entire process is pretty cumbersome.Why?
Well, Tata pays Fiat in bulk. So, your car might be ready in the Fiat yard (which is indicated on the online system), but during month ends, Fiat wouldnt release it because the complete payment is not done.And hence, even though the online system at the dealer shows that your car is ready, and ur sales guy also says so,you cannot receive the delivery.And then we all blame the sales guys for being liars as they are not able to live up to their promises of delivery within 4-5 days!

Only if Tata could make the process a lil bit more simple, purchasing a Fiat would have been a much more easier task!!!
Assumption ? Presumption ? or Fact? Have not found the delays in Fiat car deliveries do be any longer or shorter than in other cars. (Recently we booked a couple of Lineas in Office.)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks