Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 07:14   #1
BHPian

Tata Vista Ignis 1.4 Ltr Safire with 90 Bhp Punto Engine. On the Road price.

Note from Moderator: Thread closed. Please continue the discussion in the Official Indica Vista90 Testdrive and Review thread. Thanks

Tata motors will soon launch a new variant of the successful Indica vista christened the Ignis in the Indian market.

Ignis would be the 4th Indica Vista variant in a lineup which already consists of Aqua, Terra and the Aura.

The ignis will come with a bigger 1.4 Litre Saffire engine that also does duty under the hood of the recently launched Fiat Grande Punto but in this iteration, makes 95 ps, 5 ps up on the Fiat figure. The bigger 1.4 engine is a welcome change since the current 1.2 Litre Saffire unit although fuel efficient is underpowered for a car of this size.

Apart from the bigger engine the new Indica Vista Ignis will also come with revised interiors which feature a new dash integrated audio system with bluetooth connectivity and call answer and reject buttons and USB connectivity, new steering wheel with steering mounted audio controls and electrically adjustable outside rear view mirrors. Keyless entry is also standard.

Safety has also been given a throughover with Ignis now offering ABS + EBD and Dual front Air Bags as standard. This is an important move since we have always maintained from the begining about the lack of ABS and Airbags even as an option in the Indica Vista range.
The new Indica Vista Ignis will be out in the showroom and is expected to cost Rs 4.5 - 5.0 Lakhs Ex-Showroom Delhi.

Source: Tata-Indica-Vista-Ignis-has-ABS-and-airbags,Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Vista Ignis 1.4 Ltr Safire with 90 Bhp Punto Engine. On the Road price.-tataindicavistaignis1.jpg  

Tata Vista Ignis 1.4 Ltr Safire with 90 Bhp Punto Engine. On the Road price.-vistaignis1.jpg  

Tata Vista Ignis 1.4 Ltr Safire with 90 Bhp Punto Engine. On the Road price.-vistaignis.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 23rd October 2010 at 18:50. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Old 12th August 2009, 08:34   #2
BHPian

wow! that great news.
i think tata is slowly but surely waking up from slumber.
Old 12th August 2009, 08:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

And it took them exactly 1 year to realise that safety is indeed a selling point nowadays ?

Not sure if this is a right move, given that Punto has just been launched.
Old 12th August 2009, 08:53   #4
BHPian

Its looking good for the future of Tata Motors.
Now Tata motors is waking up to ensure that their cars should be comparable @ world stage.
Old 12th August 2009, 09:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

The steering wheel surely feels meaty. I however, cannot see "SRS airbag" on the steering. Can someone brighten the image please?

Btw, look at the panel gap!
Old 12th August 2009, 09:11   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
And it took them exactly 1 year to realise that safety is indeed a selling point nowadays ?

Not sure if this is a right move, given that Punto has just been launched.
Thats not bad... Changing something on a car of this sort is not simple. You have to validate, test etc. Procedures change from company to company. Also the % of cars with airbags in that segment is still marginal.

The Scorpio after ten years (roughly) still does not have airbags!
Old 12th August 2009, 09:20   #7
BHPian

that might not be a good news for FIAT (in-house competition). and why tune the engine to give more bhp that FIAT's own punto.
but i guess that's great news for indian customer. The dashboard and steering looks completely world class. way above the expected levels for TATA.
for a change the buttons on arm-rest also looks a class apart. could not believe its a TATA.
and if it has come in petrol. its only a matter of time that it will be launched in diesel.
Old 12th August 2009, 09:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

I have an ominous feeling that this car might not sell well, and will have to be discounted (as always) a lot. Even though this car stands for what we at tbhp stand for - more power and more safety, the average indian car buyer, and even more so the average tata car buyer doesnt give two hoots about these. Unless tata is aiming at an entirely new segment (fingers crossed. tata's brand value might work against it here) Dont think this car will see much sucess

Last edited by greenhorn : 12th August 2009 at 09:25.
Old 12th August 2009, 09:34   #9
BHPian

I think this is bad news for Punto petrol. Already I think Punto 1.4 is just 25% of the total sales, now with the new Vista variant, it is going to further fall. I somehow feel the association with Tata for Fiat is not going to help too much and rather hamper a lot of its plans
Old 12th August 2009, 10:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

I was least impressed with the vista safire petrol 1.2. Apart from price, space and comfort, it was hopelessly outclassed in all areas.

However, this version, on paper at least, appears to tick all the right boxes and promises to be a potential game changer,expected from an all round competent petrol hatch at a competitive price, that is power, mileage, space, pace and comfort.

If the engine does give ARAI certified 16.5 kmpl, this car can climb dramatically upwards in the ratings in another compassion.

Let the wars begin. Hope to give you a full road test soon.Get it soon, Tata.
Old 12th August 2009, 10:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

Trust Tata to keep on improving their products . Even though ABS etc should have been standard long ago, this is very much welcome. The new car seems to be loaded with features and Tata will price it well for sure. It would be interesting to see how Punto sales would be affected.

Bravo Tata . Bring it on.
Old 12th August 2009, 10:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I have an ominous feeling that this car might not sell well, and will have to be discounted (as always) a lot. Even though this car stands for what we at tbhp stand for - more power and more safety, the average indian car buyer, and even more so the average tata car buyer doesnt give two hoots about these. Unless tata is aiming at an entirely new segment (fingers crossed. tata's brand value might work against it here) Dont think this car will see much sucess
OT; no wonder they give you bad paint jobs etc. You dont trust them at all.

My bet is that this engine will come in the new Indigo first.

Last edited by jkdas : 12th August 2009 at 10:19.
Old 12th August 2009, 10:23   #13
BANNED

I thought the IGNIS was a Suzuki model. How is TATA using the name.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Vista Ignis 1.4 Ltr Safire with 90 Bhp Punto Engine. On the Road price.-b8f64decc7222e4f48c015309de.jpg  

Tata Vista Ignis 1.4 Ltr Safire with 90 Bhp Punto Engine. On the Road price.-suzuki_ignis_hatchback_service.jpg  

Tata Vista Ignis 1.4 Ltr Safire with 90 Bhp Punto Engine. On the Road price.-suzukiignis.jpg  

Old 12th August 2009, 10:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

What are the chances that its a typo and not 95 but 85 bhp?

I think Tata is just plain positioning itself as a cheaper alternative and pushing Fiat as a luxurious options (A la toyota and lexus). The only difference is here the cars are totally different minus the engine.

Punto price will climb just like the Linea after the initial months to make way for the Indica Vista. Indica is a more important product to tata-Fiat as it sells 7-8 times more.

I am enticed to buy this car if it is launched soon and has the right mix of features and useability.
Old 12th August 2009, 10:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

the big question:

Is it an ideal hot hatch for the masses, a-la replacement for the palio 1.6?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks