Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 15:50   #121
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

It is amazing we earlier wanted the sedan version of the vista ASAP.

now we want the hatch version of the Manza ASAP - Ignis.
Old 14th November 2009, 21:18   #122
BHPian

It is launched - but in SA; not India :)

Vista

So the loaded one is available in SA but not in India. Quite a shame actually. I think it would do well here.

PDF

Here you can see the PDF file of the features.

Last edited by invidious : 14th November 2009 at 21:20.
Old 17th November 2009, 11:18   #123
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Another way to look at this, they are testing the car out in SA - not an important market for them, before they launch it in India - the most important market for them currently.
Old 19th November 2009, 21:06   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
... they are testing the car out in SA - not an important market for them, before they launch it in India....
I don't think so. I feel Ignis (1.4 FIRE variant with Airbags and ABS) will NOT be launched in India. Here is why :

1. In S.Africa, Indica Vista is only available with 1.4 FIRE option (replaces the existing 1.2 FIRE variants).

2. In India, TATA will have to introduce Ignis on top of the existing 1.2 FIRE range. (will not stop the 1.2 Vista for the obvious small-car-benefits reason). Today 1.2 Aura is available for 4.5 lac OTR (Bangalore).
Supposing 1.4 Ignis is introduced (with Airbags and ABS), it will be available for nothing less than 5.6 / 5.7 lac OTR. MANZA Aura-ABS (Saffire) is available for 6.2 lac OTR. Choice for most people is clear - Manza without a second thought. Ignis dies a slow death. TATA would not want that.

Counter arguments welcome.
Old 19th November 2009, 22:12   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Supposing 1.4 Ignis is introduced (with Airbags and ABS), it will be available for nothing less than 5.6 / 5.7 lac OTR. MANZA Aura-ABS (Saffire) is available for 6.2 lac OTR. Choice for most people is clear - Manza without a second thought. Ignis dies a slow death. TATA would not want that.

For some people Manza's length might be an issue, but they might be interested in the extra performance the Manza engine has on offer. I would agree, the takers would be few, but still, there would atleast be the option.
Old 22nd November 2009, 12:00   #126
BHPian

I think the 5.6/5.7 Lakh OTR number is too high. For a manufacturer, a pair of airbags should cost in the US 200$ range tops and ABS would be another 100$ - that's about 15,000 rupees. Assuming they charge a premium - they can still give the consumer the 1.4 loaded version at 5.10 OTR.
Old 22nd November 2009, 13:16   #127
Senior - BHPian

wonder why maruti and tata dont provide all these features on their diesel variants as well, i mean why petrol ones should get top end like zxi thing.diesel ones should also get these options.
Old 22nd November 2009, 14:13   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
wonder why maruti and tata dont provide all these features on their diesel variants as well, i mean why petrol ones should get top end like zxi thing.diesel ones should also get these options.
Swift ZDI might jump into Dzire LDI territory and same in the case of Vista- Manza. But i do agree Swift ZDI would have sold in more nos. With more diesel
competition in hatches im hoping atleast next Gen Swift comes in ZDI ( And a Multijet 2 )
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:19   #129
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
I don't think so. I feel Ignis (1.4 FIRE variant with Airbags and ABS) will NOT be launched in India. Here is why :

2. In India, TATA will have to introduce Ignis on top of the existing 1.2 FIRE range. (will not stop the 1.2 Vista for the obvious small-car-benefits reason). Today 1.2 Aura is available for 4.5 lac OTR (Bangalore).

Some may actually not want the boot of the manza and so the ignis makes sense.

TATA could contrary to normal mode of working make sell the Ignis at lesser margins than the more basic models - just to boost the image.

This mode of working (top hatch model more expensive than the sedan base model) happens in the Swift and dzire as well.
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:43   #130
BHPian

Even if it sells in less numbers here in India. Tata should provide it. People who wouldnt want to go in for the bigger Manza might go in for the Ignis and there might be some who might be interested in the Ignis at first might change their opinion when they go to the showroom and see the difference in the top end hatch and base sedan negligible.

Ultimately its the numbers that matter and by offering more choice Tata is thus ensuring that the customer doesnt go to any other manufacturer for want of more choice.

Its just a matter of providing more options to the customer a la maruti way
Old 11th January 2010, 11:32   #131
BHPian

Guess the ignis didn't happen at the expo. Damn, i was keenly awaiting this.
Anyone has got inside info on a possible delayed launch?
Old 11th January 2010, 13:12   #132
BHPian

I very much doubt that this car will be launched in India anytime soon. If launched it will be very close to the Manza which I am sure Tata's will most definitely not want.
Old 11th January 2010, 14:32   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I very much doubt that this car will be launched in India anytime soon. If launched it will be very close to the Manza which I am sure Tata's will most definitely not want.
I agreee with you, if they will launch Vista Ignis, it will be a direct competitor for Manza. This car is might be only for export to UK along with City Rover before launching in India.
Old 30th September 2010, 20:00   #134
Senior - BHPian

The 1.4 vista petrol will finally be launched in India in October. Training is underway soon.
Old 30th September 2010, 20:47   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The 1.4 vista petrol will finally be launched in India in October. Training is underway soon.
Good scoop Sid. Finally Vista Petrol is comparable with its peers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks