Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2010, 00:10   #196
Senior - BHPian

I personally would never pick up a Vista, much less in a 90 Bhp avatar. The Punto 90Hp makes sense because it is an excellent mile-crunching package.
If I were to roam the highways in a hatchback, the Punto 90Hp it would be.

I wonder what audience the Vista appeals to. Driving enthusiasts would generally not pick the Vista in the first place, not that it does not make enormous practical sense!
Old 5th October 2010, 02:51   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
I personally would never pick up a Vista, much less in a 90 Bhp avatar. The Punto 90Hp makes sense because it is an excellent mile-crunching package.
If I were to roam the highways in a hatchback, the Punto 90Hp it would be.

I wonder what audience the Vista appeals to. Driving enthusiasts would generally not pick the Vista in the first place, not that it does not make enormous practical sense!
Which is probably why they're introducing a more powerful version. Will have to wait for the GTO review to see if they've made any suspension/handling modifications.

Vista outsells the Punto. And I'm sure that since the added HP will be driving almost the same weight, we might even see FE improvement in the Vista (Diesel, specifically) at hopefully not a huge cost difference over the current Aura ABS. Starts making even more practical sense.

As for the Punto 90Hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Honestly, my expectations were high for this car and I'm disappointed. There is like hardly any difference at all in outright performance. Sure, the driveability is marginally better, and the mid-range highway performance has improved. But overall, WHERE HAVE THE 15 HORSES GONE?

Fiat, do us a favour and learn how to tune your engines. Your competitors do it better. This car has a lot more potential than you've discovered.
Old 5th October 2010, 10:10   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Which is probably why they're introducing a more powerful version. Will have to wait for the GTO review to see if they've made any suspension/handling modifications.

Vista outsells the Punto. And I'm sure that since the added HP will be driving almost the same weight, we might even see FE improvement in the Vista (Diesel, specifically) at hopefully not a huge cost difference over the current Aura ABS. Starts making even more practical sense.

As for the Punto 90Hp
I do expect the cost difference to be high. And I doubt they will change the platform to introduce driving manners to the car. As you rightly pointed out from GTO's post, it isn't even all that powerful.
Space remains the USP for the Vista, the driving dynamics... a compromise.

As for the Punto 90Hp, I would recommend you take a TD. Rushabh has some really high standards.
In any case, I agree it is a disaster in outright performance. What I liked about the mill was the very improved in-gear acceleration. That is what would matter more on the highways.

Also, I think it is the 90Hp Saffire engine being talked about here. I absolutely love that one, but it is a guzzler and has absolutely no bottom-end. At high revs, it is a hoot to drive!
Cheers!
Old 5th October 2010, 10:24   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As for the Punto 90Hp, I would recommend you take a TD. Rushabh has some really high standards.
In any case, I agree it is a disaster in outright performance. What I liked about the mill was the very improved in-gear acceleration. That is what would matter more on the highways.
Exactly. I get to drive my friend's 90 HP which is 2000 kms old pretty regularly and its not slow by any stretch of imagination. I will ask him to do me a 0-100 kph sprint and record it on a mobile phone and post it here.
Old 5th October 2010, 19:36   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Off topic, I wonder what happened to the VW-Suzuki engine sharing deal.
The following link may be interesting !Marutis to wear VW, Skoda badges | Autocar India.
Old 6th October 2010, 10:10   #201
BHPian

Dealers are still not clear regarding only Petrol 90HP is being launched or also Diesel 90HP. As per a dealer I checked yesterday he said both are being launched. Todays Tata's add says Vista Safire 65 for the present model.
Old 6th October 2010, 11:44   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do expect the cost difference to be high. And I doubt they will change the platform to introduce driving manners to the car. As you rightly pointed out from GTO's post, it isn't even all that powerful.

Also, I think it is the 90Hp Saffire engine being talked about here. I absolutely love that one, but it is a guzzler and has absolutely no bottom-end. At high revs, it is a hoot to drive!
Cheers!
Safire 1.4 would attract higher excise duty which itself would contribute to the cost difference.
Old 6th October 2010, 12:13   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
I thought the IGNIS was a Suzuki model. How is TATA using the name.
Simple - Suzuki did not register that name in India.
Old 6th October 2010, 12:17   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Dealers are still not clear regarding only Petrol 90HP is being launched or also Diesel 90HP. As per a dealer I checked yesterday he said both are being launched. Todays Tata's add says Vista Safire 65 for the present model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
UPDATE: The new Vista will ONLY come in petrol 90 PS 1.4 safire in aura ABS and aura plus models on October 13
As per our in house Jasoos, it will only be Petrol.
Old 15th October 2010, 21:23   #205
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any update on this? Oct 13th is gone. But still no sign of the new Vista!
Old 15th October 2010, 21:32   #206
BHPian

It is the petrol 90 !!

The motoroids site has carried a test drive of the Vista 90 ps ( yes, it is a petrol one ) . However, it is not clear whether the car has been launched.
Old 16th October 2010, 08:17   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe the car has been launched. Prerana Motors has forwarded me the pricelist which includes the prices for the 1.4 litre engine as well. The price is listed below

Vista 1.4 (On-Road Bangalore)

Terra - 523,829
Aqua - 558,202
Aura ABS - 624,861
Aura Plus - 684,580

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th October 2010 at 13:18. Reason: Adding "on road, bangalore"
Old 16th October 2010, 11:49   #208
BHPian

I feel that the Vista 90 hp is entering the i20 territory ( price wise )
Though powerful, it has lesser features than the i20, and needless to say, the service and the brands do matter a lot.
Is the Vista 90 a VFM buy ? I don't think so.
So,apart from the usual Tata attributes, what does the Vista 90 have as an USP ? Sorry, I don't find any.
Old 18th October 2010, 09:34   #209
BHPian

vista 90 petrol can only succeed if it is priced between Rs 4-4.5 lacs, anything above Rs 5 lac ex showroom is a sure recipe for failure. People have better choice in that price range and in any case Tata's petrol models have always been a laggard in sales.
Old 19th October 2010, 17:27   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Vista 1.4 (On-Road Bangalore)

Terra - 523,829
Aqua - 558,202
Aura ABS - 624,861
Aura Plus - 684,580
Can you post on-road Bangalore price for Punto 1.4? Wanted to know the price difference between similar trim.
Looks like their website is not yet updated.

Last edited by HammerHead : 19th October 2010 at 17:28.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed