Team-BHP - New GM(?) Hatch Spy Pics!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New GM(?) Hatch Spy Pics! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6360-new-gm-hatch-spy-pics.html)

Today while coming back from work(Sector 4 Noida) i was waiting at the intersection when i saw 2 striped cars go. I took the left turn and caught up with them. The badge in front looked like chervolet, but i am not too sure. Maybe the Aveo? I took severel pics with my camera phone, the quality is not good, but i tried to get as many angles as possible.

It looks like there is a clock in the center console.The dials are like the New Indica V2 with chrome borders. One of the cars had three people seated and the back and it come with a center headrest too in the back seat.!

The gallery is at : http://www.tanveer.in/coppermine/thu...s.php?album=38

Below are a few thumbs from the 10 pics i took.

These guys are literally painting the town red. God knows what they are testing and when they will launch. But, one things for sure it looks like it'll be the old shape hatchback first.

yeah dude ....great effort in capturing them

they are the Aveo's ..me and another t-bhpian had spotted them seperately earlier ..

i however spotted 2 striped ones parked on the side of the road opposite the Gillette Building gurgaon .. and i saw a striped one before that in Noida too ..

is there a GM test track in delhi/gurgaon/noida ?

Definitely a GM product. Also the fact that it is Gujarat registered confirms that its a Chevy. GM has its plant in Halol, Gujarat and test cars are always registered in the state where the plant is located.

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
is there a GM test track in delhi/gurgaon/noida ?

There is a Daewoo plant in Surajpur,HR that has a mini test-track. GM is bidding to take over the whole facility.

i dont think thats a clock...kinda looks like the TID [Triple Info Display]

btw thanks tsk for making a neat gallery for it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
There is a Daewoo plant in Surajpur,HR that has a mini test-track. GM is bidding to take over the whole facility.

The Daewoo plant is under receivership and is locked...the Govt just cleared the proposal for its sale today, with a 45:55 split of proceeds between the Customs + other Revenue Departments and Creditors.

Those are Chevy Aveos, without any doubt. SUrprised they're bringing in the hatch and not the sedan first, though.

I wonder what the pricing is like? Getz range? Are there enough numbers in that segment for all of them?

Yup that's a Chevy Aveo, aka "Daewoo Kalos".

Just make sure none of the mags get hold of these without your permission. U need to have some sort of a trademark on these pics.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Yup that's a Chevy Aveo, aka "Daewoo Kalos".

Just make sure none of the mags get hold of these without your permission. U need to have some sort of a trademark on these pics.

Shan2nu

YOu mean a watermark? I think you should do it, Tanveer. DOwnload the Faststone Photo Resizer (its free) and you can add a watermark which says Tanveer @TBHP or something like that.

I bet the mags have already downloaded their copy by now, if they havent snapped these cars themselves.

These cars are all over the place in Delhi. I have seen them almost 3 times now in Delhi and Gurgaon. It seems like a bid to increase curiosity by GM. The way they move...slow and steady I was disappointed as I expected them to be running from public view.

Ya and be sure to put the water mark, even though I am sure by now half of Delhi would have such snaps ;)

thanks guys i will do that

Hey isnt that the new spark?? I tought dat its d aveo sedans dat are gonna make it to India and the hatches will be the matiz aka spark. Correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:

Hey isnt that the new spark?? I tought dat its d aveo sedans dat are gonna make it to India and the hatches will be the matiz aka spark.
The Aveo is the "Daewoo Kalos" and the Spark is the "Daewoo Matiz". 2 diff cars.

Chevy Aveo

Chevy Spark

Shan2nu