Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 15:24   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Except the rear tail lamp, nothing seems to be different from the old Civic.
The front grill lip is much thicker and squarish with a bigger H logo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
What about the suspension and GC?

I think I'm going to see many new civics with scraped front bumpers going by the bumper design with the integrated skirt.
I dont see any mention of changes in suspension, engine or drivetrain. So status quo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Not much interest in new civic here (not even one full page complete on launch day). Is it so or I am missing the main thread?
Most of the information are already "pre-released" and "pre-discussed" here. So maybe there is nothing more to write... Interestingly, they have done/added nothing to compete with Altis in terms of equipment levels except for a feeble attempt with cruise control which in any case no one asked for.

Last edited by appuchan : 8th September 2009 at 15:26.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:10   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Try and get some info on the City upgrades & expected launch date.
City is going to be quite an update on exterior and interiors - not just a facelift and it is going to be launched soon, very soon -- As said by President & CEO, Honda Siel Cars.

Sadly, no dates were given.

Was surprised to hear that Jazz was selling as per Honda's expectations.

No updates on CRV.

Prices PPT attached.

Also notice the audio control + songs changer control given at rear arm rest. Surprisingly this is not given on steering wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-cimg0044.jpg  

City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-cimg0041.jpg  

City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-cimg0042.jpg  

Old 8th September 2009, 16:25   #138
BHPian

I spotted this on their website
Honda Car India :: Civic

"2. Upper-mount position shifted up
Improved lateral rigidity of wheel and stability"

this is on rear shock absorbers
So, I guess GC problem would be solved now.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:28   #139
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
City is going to be quite an update on exterior and interiors - not just a facelift and it is going to be launched soon, very soon -- As said by President & CEO, Honda Siel Cars.

Sadly, no dates were given.
That's interesting, though i seriously doubt it. Let us wait and see.

Quote:

Prices PPT attached.
What is this Elegence & Inspire? Some sort of body kit?
Old 8th September 2009, 16:42   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
this is on rear shock absorbers
So, I guess GC problem would be solved now.
Not so soon. On asked about the bottoming out, the CEO said, they are aware of this issue for cars in India thanks to our speedbreakers, they are studying it so that appropriate design changes can be done, as these design changes need to be tested thoroughly. So it will take some time for it to be available for our speed breakers, till then jump carefully

OSS: the difference is with body kits and other interiors too. Two variants of Manual version and one variant of Automatic. The topline gets better leather seats, Indicator OSRVM spoilers everywhere etc etc

Last edited by tanwaramit : 8th September 2009 at 16:46.
Old 8th September 2009, 16:56   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
The front grill lip is much thicker and squarish with a bigger H logo.
Probably to boost their and the owners ego with a bigger 'H'. Tail lamps look different. I preferred the old ones. So what else is new besides a few cosmetics? and what have they done to increase the price?
Old 8th September 2009, 17:33   #142
BHPian

[Not sure why my post got dropped last time, reposting the same]

"Avg Fuel Consumption Indicator" is a new useful feature in CIVIC. Also, "Shift Lock" is mentioned for the AT model. But not sure if its any different from existing AT.
Old 8th September 2009, 18:05   #143
BHPian

What happens to stocks of the previous Civic model? Do they get sold off at a discount?
Old 8th September 2009, 18:25   #144
Senior - BHPian

What do they mean by the new Smokey headlights on the Civic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post

What is this Elegance & Inspire? Some sort of body kit?
Yep! The inspire package gets spoilers
Attached Thumbnails
City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-types_img.jpg  

Last edited by theragingbull : 8th September 2009 at 18:31.
Old 8th September 2009, 18:44   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Mr. President makes it sound like fog lamps, alloys and better quality interiors are phenomenal offerings in the 9-10L bracket. Typical Honda!
Old 8th September 2009, 18:51   #146
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Mr. President makes it sound like fog lamps, alloys and better quality interiors are phenomenal offerings in the 9-10L bracket. Typical Honda!
In the name of Elegance (!!) package, if they can charge 35k for doorstep garnish, door visors & parking sensors, they can increase the price of ANHC by another lakh and might wish to get away with it too.

The difference between S-MT & V-MT of Civic is 90k, and interms of features, the difference is just fog lamps, leather seats & cruise control

I don't know what are they smoking these days.
Old 8th September 2009, 18:56   #147
Senior - BHPian

Ha ha ha.. Typical Honda. Do a lot of cosmetic change and charge a premium. I'm glad I bought the 1.8S AT which is no longer available for a very good price almost 2 and half years back. At today's prices, especially in Bangalore with its high tax rates I wouldn't have been able to afford it!!!
Old 8th September 2009, 19:02   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
What do they mean by the new Smokey headlights on the Civic?

Yep! The inspire package gets spoilers
the old civic had the chrome inserts in the headlights, now the chrome has been replace by black smoke finish. it looks like as if the civic has "kaajal" in its eyes!

silver civic=old model
blue civic=new model
Attached Thumbnails
City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-20080203rt464xirh75f7bsb4etrgn545ya.jpg  

City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-dsc07440a.jpg  

Last edited by Parm : 8th September 2009 at 19:15.
Old 8th September 2009, 21:20   #149
BHPian

The leather quality seems to have improved (At least from the pics). Earlier it was much coarser grain and felt a bit hard to touch.
Old 8th September 2009, 22:03   #150
BHPian

90K difference between S-MT and V-MT is probably not so bad. Fog lights are around 18K, leather could be around 40K (considering that the reviews say the quality is good), turn-indicator-integrated ORVM could be another 5K!, so overall upto 65K for these 3 extras and the rest for cruise-control and brand royalty!

Between V-MT and V-AT its 75K which is kind of fair as auto gearbox is quite complex and expensive. (Altis VL is costlier than GL by 90K, for the difference of AT and cruise control)

Now let me compare the pricing of Altis. For AT, Honda seems to have the edge in terms of technology over Altis due to 5-speed-paddle-shift gearbox alone, and the 40K diff between Altis VL and V-AT seems not so bad. For MT, Altis surely has the edge in terms of VFM, and the 58K diff between Altis GL and V-MT seems huge.

Now about features(from cost perspective), Civic has independent suspension and double wishbones in particular, which are complex and expensive (ofcourse, Honda didnt probably tune it well for Indian roads). I dont know the cost difference b/w double wishbone vs. torsion beam as in Altis, but atleast from the articles on the net it appears to be quite considerable (both implementation and testing). Civic has BA which again would cost something. Altis (GL/VL) has luxury add-ons like HID + head-lamp-washers + auto-dimming-mirrors + auto head-lights + auto-wipers + power-seats, which collectively would compensate and surely exceed the cost of the above.

Though I agree that Civic is overpriced over Altis, IMO its quite a bit over-perceived and taken out of proportion. The reason I see is that, when Civic was introduced in 2006, it was quite a revolution in lower D segment (especially with older generation Corolla close to its end-of-life). At that time, the pricing of Civic with all its features seemed like a deal. So the expectation from Honda has generally been pretty high (especially among enthusiasts)

Regardig the price increase of ~30K for the facelifted Civic, USB port + Cruise-control + fuel-consumption-indicator - CD changer may come upto around 20K and the rest for styling and rear-suspension tuning and styling (+ nominal increase as with any facelist/upgrade). So its probably not as bad as it appears. I just hope they have sorted out the suspension bottoming-out issue successfully. Honda is probably not so stupid, but they are being greedy here :-) Not providing steering mounted controls is really a cheap trick to reduce cost. I fail to see any possible reason/limitation of the HU in this regard, if at all.

Do I sound like owing a Civic already or biased ? I dont own either and in the process of deciding between Altis/Civic. still tallying...

Now its time for brickbats :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks