Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 09:56   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
I was comparing the top end variants(GL vs V-MT) from both with Bangalore prices, which are 1,223,141 for 1.8GL vs. 1,281,000 for Civic 1.8V MT (from their websites). So it is ~58K.
Ooh ok, so the regional differences can be substantial.
Check ex-Mumbai
V-MT = 13.35
GL = 12.19
Old 9th September 2009, 10:00   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
really? since when? there are many mt cars that have cruise control including the scorpio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
watch before you leap budy. no such requirement. Scorpio has it on the MT. really does not make any difference. as long as you have clear road and desire to keep the speed constant AT/MT doesnot matter for cruise control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Skoda Octavia L&K has Cruice Control with M/T.
Thanks for opening my eyes.
Old 9th September 2009, 10:04   #168
BHPian

My wishlist for the upgraded Civic was; lumbar support, auto door lock when the car starts moving, a rear ac vent and steering mounted audio controls.

May be that was wishing for too much.
Old 9th September 2009, 10:42   #169
Senior - BHPian

So now the V-MT is priced almost at par with the Jetta and the Laura TSi.
Old 9th September 2009, 12:15   #170
BHPian

just saw the pics of the 'new' civic.. its like a divorcee getting married for the second time or maybe even third and calling themselves 'newly' wed!
bakvaas is all i can say! as past records show honda taking indian customers for fools, they would include the cruise control in the top V spec only, which costs somwhere around 15 lakhs on road mum/thane, now in a country like india with all our 'excellent traffic free roads' what sense does cruise control exactly make? plus with all the stressful city driving i guess most wouldve preffered a simple upgrade like steering controls for audio, etc. even the linea has it for gods sake! giving it in the rear armrest is very thoughtful, but isnt the civic supposed to be a drivers car? plus if the cruise control is so appealing on the highway, shouldnt an ideal highway cruiser be diesel?
coming to the city now, it was already an overpriced, overhyped model in the honda stable ( i was never a big fan of the city after the type II was discontinued ) its competition makes it look ridiculous.. now the v spec would for sure add around atleast a lakh or lakh and a half in the already overpriced model and we would only be paying more for stuff that shouldve been there in the first place! complete BS!!!
am a big fan of honda engine especially after driving my Type II Vtec for a couple of years, i had it souped up and all, but this is a big big turn off!!
anyway, the slow down in sales of the civic and city is a testimony in itself that customers are not always going to be fooled by 'brands' alone! i hope they learn soon and actually try to be competitive.. cheers
Old 9th September 2009, 12:45   #171
ashwinpak

Is the new Civic just a nose job on the current one, or is it the 2009 Civic that has earned 5 stars in the NCAP crash tests?

Euro NCAP - For safer cars | HONDA CIVIC

Old 9th September 2009, 13:59   #172
Senior - BHPian

Euro NCAP rating does not apply for the JDM Civic that we get here. The EUDM Civic is a hatchback and is a different chassis.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:14   #173

I am just wondering if it caters to the problem of city cannibalising sales of the civic. As speculation suggests, if City V variant is priced around 60-70k higher than the existing S-variant, that too with alloys, fog lamps, etc., it will again appear to be VFM in comparison to the civic S-variant. So the proportionate difference remains the same, right?
Old 9th September 2009, 17:28   #174
nissan

I got a confirmation about wordings of CEO & President of Honda from a Honda dealer itself. He said new City (with some new interiors) will be launched on 18 Sept. And it will also have Accessory packages like Civic(Elegance & Inspire)-This was called as exterior change.

Old 9th September 2009, 22:30   #175
BHPian

Couldn't resist the temptation/frustration, visited a nearby dealer today to see the new civic. Here are some observations.

> New front looks very nice (subjective). The front grill has a bottom lining of black glossy plastic which is a bit distracting.

> New rear looked better than what I had thought; infact it looked different and quite refreshing to me

> New alloys in V variant is a big joke and shame on you Honda. Typically, new alloys mean different shape/contour or no. of spokes at the least. There is no change in any of these; the only difference I could see is that there is no shining ridge on the spokes. Its simply flat and dull satin finished, thats all. I dont understand how Honda can claim it as new! However they looked just fine to me.

> New fog lights are quite small and build seemed better than the old

> No change in leather (to me atleast)

> avg. fuel indicator shows just what it says, I mean only avg.consumption! no DTE or anything. Its just a single menu item for the 'SELECT' button.

> The HU seemed dull compared to the older one. Chrome rings around the top 2 knobs are stripped!, the 3 small chrome buttons at the center are now dull-silver finished plastic buttons. Though the spec says 1 CD for all variants, I saw DISC +/- buttons. Dont know what it could possibly mean. Typically this means disc selection...No ?

> The dash board plastic towards the quarter glass felt fragile and inferior with uneven gaps(didnt check it in old civic though).

> Peeped into the rear suspension, my untrained eyes could not see any apparent changes for what they have mentioned in their website ("Damper spring positioned at the back"/"Upper-mount position shifted up"). Probably they had this for the old Civic as well. The new brochure does not mention anything about it anyways.

BTW the sales rep said, he already sold 1 new civic today and also said many people are asking for old stock. He has a couple of V-ATs and said a max of 50K discount may be offered.

Overall it looked like another facelift is required ASAP!. Somehow it looked like this facelift was a half-hearted attempt by Honda.
Old 9th September 2009, 23:07   #176
BHPian

checkout some of the new civic pics..

any update on OTR pricing in chennai?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.
Attached Thumbnails
City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-dsc07441a.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th September 2009 at 11:19. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 10th September 2009, 01:22   #177
BANNED

i saw the new civic and city today. new civic comp. reg is now 17 laks and city is 12 laks. city gets sexy blue color that is on the jazz right now. nice rims too.
Old 10th September 2009, 01:23   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
checkout some of the new civic pics..
that photo was taken by me in Dubai honda showroom, it was launched as honda civic 2009.
Old 10th September 2009, 10:58   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
city gets sexy blue color that is on the jazz right now. nice rims too.
Anything on the interiors? Is this the deep blue on Jazz or the lighter version (as was in NHC-Vtec?)
Old 10th September 2009, 11:15   #180
BHPian

17 lakhs???? are you sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i saw the new civic and city today. new civic comp. reg is now 17 laks and city is 12 laks. city gets sexy blue color that is on the jazz right now. nice rims too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks