Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 15:34   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinpak View Post
So much of beige? I don't think there was this much in the current City. One would feel like sitting in a crap hole in this one.
I think this Beige - Black combo is copied from CR-V and Civic. There is looks awesome, hope here it should also look brilliant.
Old 14th September 2009, 17:28   #257
Senior - BHPian

It seems that the recent price increase of the Civic has led to Altis becoming cheaper. But would it be for long. Perhaps going by newspaper reports, Altis is also expected to be more costly. Reason being the same old excuses: exchange fluctuations (???) and input costs (100% nonsense).
Old 14th September 2009, 17:35   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Agreed. Beige and silver combination, esp on the doors, doesnt look too good (atleast in photos).

Anyone who has seen the car in real...does this Beige-silver combination look good in the real car?? Does the new interiors give a richer feel than the current ANHC?
Firstly when I saw it on NDTV, I thought its just Jatta Shai (like we say in punjabi), but when I personally had a look on it, my mind set changed- It really looks nice. It gives richer feel. Plastic's quality seem to be improved only because of this colour(though quality is same as before). And Silver on Doors also look very nice. The Habanero Red Pearl colour is too good (though it looks worst colour as in Brochures).
Prices: Around 55,000Rs. more for all this. I feel, this much is not expected from Honda after giving all these things(Richer Colours,More Silver,Mud Flaps,2 Tweeters,4 Alloys,Exhaust Tip Finisher,Fog Lamps,Chrome Handles,Rotary Knob and a V badging at the rear).Atleast I expected around 80,000 from Honda for the same

Now V Variant would be more VFM than S Variant.
Old 14th September 2009, 18:56   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post
Atleast I expected around 80,000 from Honda for the same

And with that Honda might later drop the S variant too. So a car which had started at below 8L ex-showroom (E variant in Delhi or Gurgaon) will soon be 9L ex-showroom (after the S is dropped) and then people will have it etched in their minds that City starts at 9L (ex-showroom). With that they wouldn't mind a price hike of 20K-30K later on when the face-lifted model arrives 2 years from now and another 20K-30K when the 4th gen. City arrives in 2013. So City base model would be above 10L OTR in another 4 years time. And it still might not have a CD player and ACC.

Old 14th September 2009, 19:25   #260
BHPian

Congrats pal. Honda is banking on customers like you.

First of all skimping on features (Alloys, fogs, ACC etc) that even dzire has. Adding them at a later date and charging more for it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post
I feel, this much is not expected from Honda after giving all these things(Richer Colours,More Silver,Mud Flaps,2 Tweeters,4 Alloys,Exhaust Tip Finisher,Fog Lamps,Chrome Handles,Rotary Knob and a V badging at the rear).Atleast I expected around 80,000 from Honda for the same

Old 14th September 2009, 20:37   #261
BHPian

Don't know if it has been posted earlier but the new CITY or NANHC is being launched tomorrow: 15-Sept-2009!
Old 14th September 2009, 23:19   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Don't know if it has been posted earlier but the new CITY or NANHC is being launched tomorrow: 15-Sept-2009!
Ha ha we should seriously think about naming the Honda City Gens using GXHC. Because we never know when Honda thinks about the AN-NANHC to put chrome on the A/C lever .
Old 15th September 2009, 00:44   #263
Senior - BHPian

The alloys look so bland when compared to the ones shown in the picture provided by Sid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Ha ha we should seriously think about naming the Honda City Gens using GXHC. Because we never know when Honda thinks about the AN-NANHC to put chrome on the A/C lever .
Good one mate ! Looks like we need to have a curriculum for naming conventions.

Last edited by rr_zen : 15th September 2009 at 00:45.
Old 15th September 2009, 01:41   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
GXHC can't work here properly here as new variant is launched but generation is same.I think it would be better to use year of launch, like City09 , as when Gen 3 city was launched, CEO said that they would introduce some changes in city after every one year.And by launching this, they are just keeping their words.
Old 15th September 2009, 01:46   #265
BHPian

honda is on with it again....i am sure with these little differnce and expected 60000 difference in price...we could very well see the s model discontinued...in 2-3 months....honda is getting greedier by the day
Old 15th September 2009, 09:30   #266
BHPian

These SMS/newspaper alerts are pure gimmicks by greedy dealers forcing consumers to purchase in panic.

I feel the best way to hit back at their greed is to do just the opposite. We all know that the luxury car market isn't what it used to be. Car manufacturers should actually be wooing customers with offers rather than arm twisting them into buying their products. It's your money. Unless the requirement is urgent, just sit back and keep your money in your pocket. I'm sure the prices will come down to saner levels sooner or later.

Are Indian customers willing to try this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Perhaps going by newspaper reports, Altis is also expected to be more costly. Reason being the same old excuses: exchange fluctuations (???) and input costs (100% nonsense).
Old 15th September 2009, 12:31   #267
BHPian

Friends any clue? Is the car getting launched today?
Old 15th September 2009, 12:34   #268
BHPian

its launching for sure today as I opened this page
Honda Car Prices India | Own a Honda in India | Honda Car costs
and found prices for V variant too with additional packages too
Old 15th September 2009, 12:35   #269
BHPian

Bangalore Ex-showroom prices updated

City 1.5 S MT : Rs. 855,000
City 1.5 V MT : Rs. 900,000
City 1.5 V AT : Rs. 972,000

City 1.5 V Elegance V : Rs. 34,000/-(approx) additional
City 1.5 S Elegance S : Rs. 36,000/-(approx) additional (with Exhaust Pipe Finisher)
City 1.5 S & V Inspire : Rs. 70,000/-(approx) additional

Source : Honda Car Prices India | Own a Honda in India | Honda Car costs

Last edited by uday.ere : 15th September 2009 at 12:40.
Old 15th September 2009, 12:44   #270
BHPian

In Pune, V-MT is just 50k more than the before S-MT...thats good pricing

Hey guys, what is the difference between V and V Elegance?? What all is included in that 34k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Bangalore Ex-showroom prices updated

City 1.5 S MT : Rs. 855,000
City 1.5 V MT : Rs. 900,000
City 1.5 V AT : Rs. 972,000

City 1.5 V Elegance V : Rs. 34,000/-(approx) additional
City 1.5 S Elegance S : Rs. 36,000/-(approx) additional (with Exhaust Pipe Finisher)
City 1.5 S & V Inspire : Rs. 70,000/-(approx) additional

Source : Honda Car Prices India | Own a Honda in India | Honda Car costs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks