Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 17:54   #436
Senior - BHPian

At first, SV reminded me of 'Superveloce', meaning superfast in Lamborghini's language. But then it's a Honda. And it cannot be superfast! lol..
Honda just fools it's Indian customers by adding a few accessories and giving the variant a new name and thus charging more money. When will Honda start producing VFM cars?!?
Old 16th November 2009, 19:07   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Heard form my source that Honda plans to launch City "SV" as a limited edition model with black/silver interiors, pentagonal shaped alloys, CD player and OSRVM with turn indicator sometime after march next year. Hope this turns out to be true. The car looks like this:
I dont see much scope for a SV ( though it s a limited edition) - 1st of all a buyer would be stretching his budget big time if he opts for a ANHC V variant.
SV could carry a premium of atleast 75 k over V - so that would make it atleast 11 lacs and still no Climate control. But as we say its a Honda , it will sell
Old 16th November 2009, 19:15   #438
BHPian

Those alloys are damn sexy - they are not available even as an option today - though offered as standard in other countries

But black interiors in India? Will it not be that much more difficult to maintain in our dusty conditions?

I asked at the dealership if the Civic ORVMs with indicators can be retroffitted in City and the answer was no. Since it involves new wiring, may be it is ruled out even when City SV will sport one?
Old 16th November 2009, 19:16   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
At first, SV reminded me of 'Superveloce', meaning superfast in Lamborghini's language. But then it's a Honda. And it cannot be superfast! lol..
Honda just fools it's Indian customers by adding a few accessories and giving the variant a new name and thus charging more money. When will Honda start producing VFM cars?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I dont see much scope for a SV ( though it s a limited edition) - 1st of all a buyer would be stretching his budget big time if he opts for a ANHC V variant.
SV could carry a premium of atleast 75 k over V - so that would make it atleast 11 lacs and still no Climate control. But as we say its a Honda , it will sell
That varient is sold as SV in thailand. The city has S, V, and SV models out there, whereas we just have S and V.

Never mind if it does not have a CD player or an ACC. I just want those wheels (it has 185/55 R 16 tyres and the alloys are 16") and that sporty black interior, at just 15,000 premium. Is it possible?
Old 16th November 2009, 19:20   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
But black interiors in India? Will it not be that much more difficult to maintain in our dusty conditions?
Majority of the Indian cars sport black or gray interiors except for the so called premium cars. IMO black is easier to maintain than beige and looks much more sporty.
Old 16th November 2009, 19:34   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Never mind if it does not have a CD player or an ACC. I just want those wheels (it has 185/55 R 16 tyres and the alloys are 16") and that sporty black interior, at just 15,000 premium. Is it possible?
ROTFL! With Honda charging 12K per alloy wheel, do you REALLY believe you will get all those for 15K? More like 50-60K. See how well Honda is introducing one variant at a time and jacking up the prices ALL the time.

Introduced ANHC E and S in Sep '08
Removed E in early '09
Introduced V at ~50K over S in Sep '09
And now VS will be another ~50-60K (speculated!) over V!!!

*rubbing my eyes harder and harder* - just who plans these for Honda in India? Must be some brilliant chap.

But as I said, those alloys - they are brilliant!
Old 16th November 2009, 20:05   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just want those wheels (it has 185/55 R 16 tyres and the alloys are 16") and that sporty black interior, at just 15,000 premium. Is it possible?
+1 to that. Those alloys look awesome. Sadly they are not available in India, even as an option. But getting that and black interiors at an additional 15K, that too from Honda is serious wishful thinking IMO.
Old 16th November 2009, 20:50   #443
BHPian

Quote:
(it has 185/55 R 16 tyres and the alloys are 16")
BTW, the RR (Rolling Radius) between 175/65/R15 offered currently and 185/55/R16 are nearly identical. (304.25mm vs. 304.95mm). What EXACTLY will be the benefit from 16" apart from (185 vs. 175, more width) and great looks?
Old 17th November 2009, 10:59   #444
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The civic looks dated today and thought it was a modern car (terms of looks, technology and interiors).

Today it is the car in the segment with the least features and has dated looks (even after the refresh) and has moved from being the segment leader in sales to the being the backbencher.

The Altis, Cruz and Laura Petrol all bring in a better proposion to the table.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:42   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
BTW, the RR (Rolling Radius) between 175/65/R15 offered currently and 185/55/R16 are nearly identical. (304.25mm vs. 304.95mm). What EXACTLY will be the benefit from 16" apart from (185 vs. 175, more width) and great looks?
16 inch wheel with lower profile (55) may benefit handling but it is going to make the harsh ride even harsher.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:56   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The civic looks dated today and thought it was a modern car (terms of looks, technology and interiors).

Today it is the car in the segment with the least features and has dated looks (even after the refresh) and has moved from being the segment leader in sales to the being the backbencher.

The Altis, Cruz and Laura Petrol all bring in a better proposion to the table.
City got some civic sense and the Civic got some nonsense.

I wouldn't criticise the looks as that is a subjective aspect. However the lack of equipment in the Civic goes on to show the arrogance which Honda carries with itself.

Civic is still going strong. At least in Delhi it is.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:59   #447
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
City got some civic sense and the Civic got some nonsense.

I wouldn't criticise the looks as that is a subjective aspect. However the lack of equipment in the Civic goes on to show the arrogance which Honda carries with itself.

Civic is still going strong. At least in Delhi it is.
Actually if one looks at last months figures for Civic they have not done well for themselves, and are close to bottom of the segment. the new face lift should have meant a big jump in sales, with them fullfilling pending demand, that has obviously not happend and so we can expect sales to drop further.
Old 17th November 2009, 14:16   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
As I was half expecting, I drew a blank at Sundaram Honda
I did check with Dakshin (Bangalore) today, categorically denied any changes in suspension - maybe instructed to do so.

Quote:
I said with some hard driving on the AT it could be possible, but it seems the claim is that MT models return only 6-7 kmpl in normal city driving conditions.
Mine is MT and am sure getting much more in B'lore traffic.

Quote:
I explained a bit more about the car,in the end I gave more than I got.
Expected from a TBHP-ian
Old 4th March 2010, 00:32   #449
Senior - BHPian

Honda revises prices. Civic prices up by 21K at Kolkata.
City probably about 15K .. dont recall the pre-revision price.
Old 14th March 2010, 22:05   #450
Senior - BHPian

In Chennai, the price of Civic is up by 30K. Thank God I managed to book mine before the price hike.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks