Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 16:54   #106
BHPian

I think the current Honda India management are ruining the Indian company by their greedy sales strategies. I am writing this because:-

- CRV has stopped selling even before Fortuner was launched and now there is hardly any scope left for CRV
- Superb has proved superior to Accord in sales despite SKODA A.S.S. issues as Accord feels bare compared to feature laden Superb.
- Altis has thrashed Civic
- Jazz sales will drop to few hundred units per month due to very high price.
- Only City is selling only due to absence of any worthy competetion.

But I dont think Honda will change their thinking that they are supreme.
Old 27th August 2009, 20:16   #107
Team-BHP Support

It would be quite a challenge to make the existing version any more stripped down. If it hadn't been for the ARAI, they would have sold the car with 3 tyres with the balance 2 as extra accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
If Honda wants to push Jazz, it should rather lower the Jazz prices to make it more competitive and also introduce a stripped-down entry version to pull customers to the showroom
Old 27th August 2009, 22:13   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
It would be quite a challenge to make the existing version any more stripped down. If it hadn't been for the ARAI, they would have sold the car with 3 tyres with the balance 2 as extra accessories.
When I complained to Honda salesman after seeing City that what do I do with the music system when there is no CD player with that, he said you have to add your own device as per your choice. I then told him that next Honda will supply the car without seats as then customers can install the sofas, chairs or stools as per their own choice.
Old 28th August 2009, 06:25   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
I think the current Honda India management are ruining the Indian company by their greedy sales strategies. I am writing this because:-

- CRV has stopped selling even before Fortuner was launched and now there is hardly any scope left for CRV
- Superb has proved superior to Accord in sales despite SKODA A.S.S. issues as Accord feels bare compared to feature laden Superb.
- Altis has thrashed Civic
- Jazz sales will drop to few hundred units per month due to very high price.
- Only City is selling only due to absence of any worthy competetion.

But I dont think Honda will change their thinking that they are supreme.
It should happen so that those greedy jerks realise & give us better value for money

It will be sad to see them flop, because all the cars are internationally proven for their performance but like I said it should happen.......
Old 28th August 2009, 19:04   #110
BHPian

Honda Management in India needs to shape up

The guys at Honda are really pretty pathetic. They take the consumer for granted and ignore all pricing and feature concerns. The arrogant sales people - who are very ignorant to boot - will put a stupid smile on their face and retort "but saar it is a Honda" for every question about overpricing, lack of features, lack of availability, etc .
The situation in Pune is particularly bad - there is just one dealer - Deccan Honda (owns all three showrooms in Pune). Being a monopoly destroys any incentive these jokers have for good service, courteous or professional conduct, or customer acquisitions. It is scary the number of people who have complaints about car servicing with Deccan Honda but are forced to "live with it".

Virtually the only reason these guys are in business is the lack of viable options for the Indian consumers. If Toyota, VW, Nissan, etc start competing aggressively in the hatch (Jazz) and small Sedan (City) ranges, mark my words, Honda will suffer a lot of pain in the Indian market soon. 2011 -12 should be an interesting year for Honda to get their read-end kicked around in the Indian market.
What surprises me is why a professionally managed company with a reputation for excellence worldwide conducts business in such a slipshod manner when it comes to an emerging market like India.
Are you listening Masahiro Takedagawa san?
Old 29th August 2009, 21:11   #111
Senior - BHPian

New Civic is coming on 8th september.

Upgraded city will come soon after that.

V M/T will be priced at Rs. 8,87,000
V A/T will be priced at Rs. 9,55,000

(prices are indicative and ex-showroom Delhi, final prices may vary. Expect S M/T prices to be unchanged.)
Old 29th August 2009, 22:04   #112
Senior - BHPian

just a somewhat-off-the-topic question, why don't Honda A/T cars come with cruise control here in India, even as an option?
Old 29th August 2009, 22:52   #113
BHPian

sidindica comes thru again

Cool sidindica comes thru again!
Any word about the Leather Seats on the V A/T option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

Upgraded city will come soon after that.

(prices are indicative and ex-showroom Delhi, final prices may vary. Expect S M/T prices to be unchanged.)
Old 29th August 2009, 23:24   #114
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Spd View Post
Cool sidindica comes thru again!
Any word about the Leather Seats on the V A/T option?
Leather & alloys should be there in V-MT itself. May be fog thrown in as an extra in the V-AT.

If V-MT is priced at 8.87, then S/MT should stay around 8.35; but the big question is whether S-MT gets anything additional - apart from the rotary knobs

Pray they don't remove anything form S-MT

Last edited by oss : 29th August 2009 at 23:25.
Old 6th September 2009, 13:14   #115
BHPian

Quote:

This means an overall price rise of about 50K from the current S-MT/AT versions to V-MT/AT versions.

For S version, what I m told it will hv chrome handles, different ac knobs, slight change in the shade of the seat covers.

For the V version, if the alloy wheels are included, then I doubt if they can manage to squeez in the leather seat covers.

The V-At should now cost about 11.2 OTR in Mumbai. But I think it will still find many takers, if you go by current ANHC sales.
Old 6th September 2009, 17:28   #116
nissan

Quote:
===================
So, any information on City's date of release?

Old 7th September 2009, 11:50   #117

I really wish to know if there any changes externally? As in headlamps, grille, rear, etc.
And moreoever how much is a customer who has just bought a City S M/T is losing?
Old 7th September 2009, 12:27   #118
nissan

I have heard it would launch City's V Variant on 11 Sept.

Old 7th September 2009, 12:39   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada View Post
I really wish to know if there any changes externally? As in headlamps, grille, rear, etc.
And moreoever how much is a customer who has just bought a City S M/T is losing?
AFAIK, there are no changes to grill/headlamps and rear. Also recent City-S MT customers are unlikely to lose anything because the changes are so minor. In fact they may gain (or might have gained already) in form of good cash discounts.

Last edited by psp62in : 7th September 2009 at 12:40.
Old 7th September 2009, 14:01   #120
BHPian

Features of City V A/T

Spoke to a Honda Salesperson yesterday about the City:-

The info he provided was new City V A/T will have following features:
Alloy wheels
Leather interiors (Beige or Grey not sure)
Better plastic trim, minor dial modifications on console
Fog-lamps
Retractable Mirrors - possible

Possible 1 new color will be launched.
Price rise is around 60K for Pune (+/- 15 K).

Will be released from the plant on the 21st Sept and deliveries start 1st Oct on-wards.

Most Viewed