Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 20:09   #361
BHPian

Don't know if this is the right place to post this. Can anyone confirm whether upsizing the tyres in the Honda City will void the warranty? Say 175/65 R15 to 185/60 R15 or 195/60 R15. I have been trying to get this answer from at least three different Honda dealers and their regional office but no one seems to give a clear answer.
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:54   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
Don't know if this is the right place to post this. Can anyone confirm whether upsizing the tyres in the Honda City will void the warranty? Say 175/65 R15 to 185/60 R15 or 195/60 R15. I have been trying to get this answer from at least three different Honda dealers and their regional office but no one seems to give a clear answer.
hi I have upgraded the tire size to 195/60 R 15 and also put after market alloy wheels. After that just got my second service done. Had no issues regarding warranty. No one at the service centre even brought up the issue. The drive becomes much better with the broader tires, but be prepared for a stiffer ride in the city. that can be compensated by lowering the tire pressure by 2 psi. There is no tire size available such as 185/60 R 15 locally. In case you do find one please do inform me.
Old 23rd September 2009, 22:09   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
This alloy is what was offered as the option on the City when it was launched. But the alloys that now come standard look similar to Civic wheels IIRC.
This wasn't the option, it was a different design altogether.
Old 24th September 2009, 10:06   #364
BHPian

I checked the new Civic couple of days back and deccan honda sales manager confirmed that the rear suspension has been improved in this new version and the problem of scrapping the speed breakers will not be faced any more. He was not sure about the exact changes made in the suspension setup but he was sure that changes have been done to address the issue. I am yet to take a test drive, may be after that I can confirm it.
Old 24th September 2009, 10:14   #365
BHPian

Offhand, I know that Apollo and Yokohama have 185/60 R15 available here
Old 25th September 2009, 17:33   #366
BHPian

Absence of EBD on ANHC

Was just checking the ANHC details and noticed that the brouchure and the website mention only ABS + BA. Nothing is mentioned about EBD.

(On the other hand, the Honda website for other countries e.g. Australia, clearly mentions presence of EBD).

Even Honda India advertizes presence of EBD on Jazz and Civic.

I would conclude form the above that ANHC does not have EBD.

Knowing the advantages of EBD, has Honda shortcharged the Indian customers then?
Old 26th September 2009, 20:50   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
This alloy is what was offered as the option on the City when it was launched. But the alloys that now come standard look similar to Civic wheels IIRC.
Sorry to quote your post again, but fortunately I saw a City with the Indian Alloys which were a part of the Honda Accessories.
Attached Thumbnails
City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-250920092109.jpg  

Old 26th September 2009, 21:36   #368
Senior - BHPian

I know. I saw one back when it was launched. Someone had ordered a red ANHC with literally everything in the accessories book. I got mistaken - looks oddly similar.
Old 26th September 2009, 21:37   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
Was just checking the ANHC details and noticed that the brouchure and the website mention only ABS + BA. Nothing is mentioned about EBD.

(On the other hand, the Honda website for other countries e.g. Australia, clearly mentions presence of EBD).

Even Honda India advertizes presence of EBD on Jazz and Civic.

I would conclude form the above that ANHC does not have EBD.

Knowing the advantages of EBD, has Honda shortcharged the Indian customers then?
EDIT: Honda has now confirmed to me that EBD is a standard feature on ANHC.
Old 27th September 2009, 00:09   #370
Senior - BHPian

Lol @ the guy who said ANHC >= Altis.

I test drove the ANHC when it was launched and was thoroughly disappointed with the ride quality. The engine however was an instant charmer. I absolutely loved the way it picked up without the slightest strain showing.
I test drove both the AT and MT versions, I saw the fall in performance in the AT v/s the MT to be somewhat disconcerting, even though the AT was brand new (<200km).

I recently observed that I preferred Linea's interiors to the ANHC's. (Don't flame me! Its just a personal opinion)

IMHO the 1.6 Linea could be pitted against the Altis but not the ANHC for sure.

Looking fwd to a TD on the new Civic and City.
Old 27th September 2009, 09:13   #371
BHPian

Was looking at ARAI fuel efficiency figures on Honda website for City and Civic. City MT vs AT is only -0.4, whereas Civic MT vs AT is -2.4. I believe City's AT = Civic AT + minor enhancements (software). Isn't this true or does City come with automated manual (i-Shift) ?

If both are same, is Civic's low-end torque the only culprit for low FE ?
Old 28th September 2009, 04:22   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Was looking at ARAI fuel efficiency figures on Honda website for City and Civic. City MT vs AT is only -0.4, whereas Civic MT vs AT is -2.4. I believe City's AT = Civic AT + minor enhancements (software). Isn't this true or does City come with automated manual (i-Shift) ?

If both are same, is Civic's low-end torque the only culprit for low FE ?
there are two different engines. the weight of the car is different too. it all counts don't compare these two!! for fuel efficency. its just wrong imo.

gear box do get changes from time to time and model launches. !! maybe city has the improved one. who know the face lifted civic has these changes too! maybe the fuel eco may improve!
Old 28th September 2009, 08:29   #373
BHPian

Caramelo, yes I agree. I was not comparing the two as such; was comparing only the delta (MT - AT) FE figures. I thought City has the same(mechanically) gearbox as in Civic, hence the question. Its probably not true.
Old 28th September 2009, 08:40   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Lol @ the guy who said ANHC >= Altis.

I test drove the ANHC when it was launched and was thoroughly disappointed with the ride quality. The engine however was an instant charmer. I absolutely loved the way it picked up without the slightest strain showing.
I test drove both the AT and MT versions, I saw the fall in performance in the AT v/s the MT to be somewhat disconcerting, even though the AT was brand new (<200km).

I recently observed that I preferred Linea's interiors to the ANHC's. (Don't flame me! Its just a personal opinion)

IMHO the 1.6 Linea could be pitted against the Altis but not the ANHC for sure.

Looking fwd to a TD on the new Civic and City.
I dont think either ANHC or Linea can be compared to Corolla which is in a different league. Linea with a bigger engine will not give you a bigger car.

Regarding the ANHC ride quality, it seems like the conversion from hatch to sedan has disturbed some attributes of the Jazz. If the trunk is not a big issue, the Jazz is a real good car.
Old 28th September 2009, 10:45   #375
BHPian

Polished Metal and White - City

Just had a very interesting conversation with a friend who works at a Honda dealer. Honda management has issued a pre-delivery recall for the City09 edition in the two colors polished metal Grey and white because of transmission issues. these cars had left the plant and were being dispatched when honda pulled them back due to engine/transmission "issues". That made me curious as to what the color of the Engine had to do with the engine put in it? The explanation being offered was that that series of faulty parts only went into those two colored cars...

Most Viewed