Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 11:09   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Regarding the ANHC ride quality, it seems like the conversion from hatch to sedan has disturbed some attributes of the Jazz. If the trunk is not a big issue, the Jazz is a real good car.
The engines/weights and therefore the attributes of the of the two cars are different. IMHO, the ride quality of ANHC is better than Jazz. Particulalrly the rear seat ride of Jazz on rough roads is not very comfortable. The only plus points I would see for Jazz are a fantatstic cock-pit, clever use of space, and the flexible rear seats.

May we should start a new thread on ANHC vs Jazz. Since ANHC is known to be eating into Jazz potential sales.
Old 28th September 2009, 13:08   #377
BHPian

Has the suspension been tweaked only for the Civic or even on the City? I've been reading about the City too scraping a few speed breakers when fairly loaded.
Old 28th September 2009, 13:40   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
Was just checking the ANHC details and noticed that the brouchure and the website mention only ABS + BA. Nothing is mentioned about EBD.

(On the other hand, the Honda website for other countries e.g. Australia, clearly mentions presence of EBD).

Even Honda India advertizes presence of EBD on Jazz and Civic.

I would conclude form the above that ANHC does not have EBD.

Knowing the advantages of EBD, has Honda shortcharged the Indian customers then?
All City variant (S, V , V-AT) has

Dual Front SRS Airbags
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Brake Assist
G-CON (G-Force Control Technology)
Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)

for more info please check

:: Honda City ::

Last edited by vvvinod : 28th September 2009 at 13:42.
Old 29th September 2009, 09:53   #379
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think either ANHC or Linea can be compared to Corolla which is in a different league. Linea with a bigger engine will not give you a bigger car.

Regarding the ANHC ride quality, it seems like the conversion from hatch to sedan has disturbed some attributes of the Jazz. If the trunk is not a big issue, the Jazz is a real good car.
If you were to check out the size of the ANHC, Linea and corolla (Interior and exterior) you owuld find the Linea closer to the Corolla than to the ANHC, yes the new 1.6 engine would not increase the size of the car but then it is already a size bigger than the other segment competitors.
Old 29th September 2009, 11:20   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
If you were to check out the size of the ANHC, Linea and corolla (Interior and exterior) you owuld find the Linea closer to the Corolla than to the ANHC, yes the new 1.6 engine would not increase the size of the car but then it is already a size bigger than the other segment competitors.
I think they should re-design the front and rear bumpers and place it in Accord and Superb segment in that case.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:53   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
Don't know if this is the right place to post this. Can anyone confirm whether upsizing the tyres in the Honda City will void the warranty? Say 175/65 R15 to 185/60 R15 or 195/60 R15. I have been trying to get this answer from at least three different Honda dealers and their regional office but no one seems to give a clear answer.
One of my acquaintance here in Hyderabad has an NHC and he had upgraded to a wider tyre. When his front suspension/shock failed, Honda A** did not honour the warranty owing to this reason. He did not went into much fight and replaced it by paying from his pocket.
Old 29th September 2009, 13:57   #382
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think they should re-design the front and rear bumpers and place it in Accord and Superb segment in that case.
I did mention interior & exterior space both.

So unless then do a Indigo XL inspiration the Accord and Superb segment would be hard to achieve.

Leaving jokes appart. Internationally the Linea is designed to be a VFM alternative to Civic and Corolla Altis. Infact intenationally the City is not even present in all makets where Civic itself competes as the hondas smallest car.
Old 29th September 2009, 14:13   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I did mention interior & exterior space both.

So unless then do a Indigo XL inspiration the Accord and Superb segment would be hard to achieve.

Leaving jokes appart. Internationally the Linea is designed to be a VFM alternative to Civic and Corolla Altis. Infact intenationally the City is not even present in all makets where Civic itself competes as the hondas smallest car.
I don't think even the interior is spacious. Continuing your argument, in the U.S, the SX4 sedan competes with Civic and Corolla.
Old 29th September 2009, 14:49   #384
BHPian

Does anyone know the details of ABS in City and Civic (and maybe their competitors as well) ? I mean is it a 3-channel or 4-channel ABS ? I believe 3-channel ABS is the most common type and 4-channel the most effective (obviously with each wheel handled independently). Since these 2 cars have ABS+EBD, I tend to think its a 4-channel ABS. No?
Old 29th September 2009, 15:44   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Spd View Post
Just had a very interesting conversation with a friend who works at a Honda dealer. Honda management has issued a pre-delivery recall for the City09 edition in the two colors polished metal Grey and white because of transmission issues. these cars had left the plant and were being dispatched when honda pulled them back due to engine/transmission "issues". That made me curious as to what the color of the Engine had to do with the engine put in it? The explanation being offered was that that series of faulty parts only went into those two colored cars...
Is this a confirmed news,my uncle just booked a white Honda City so have to warn him about this.
Old 29th September 2009, 17:31   #386
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Honda ought to have given the Civic some more kit for the asking price, especially in the facelift. The Altis GL is cheaper than the Civic VMT by 54 grand. Yet, it has the following over & above the Honda:

6 CD changer (though Honda has USB / iPod integration)
Power drivers seat
Electric lumbar support
HID headlamps + washers
60:40 rear seat split

The Altis has steering mounted audio controls, but the Civic has it neatly integrated on the rear seat center armrest. The Altis, net net, offers better equipment for lesser $$$. Plus, the Altis also has an entry level variant which the Civic doesn't, logically as it would be positioned too close to the ANHC top variant.

I personally prefer the Civics looks, interiors & driving experience, but the Altis makes a compelling case for itself against Honda. Again, the facelift presented itself a great opportunity to kit the Civic up. Honda missed it!!
Old 29th September 2009, 17:33   #387
Senior - BHPian

I agree with that. Feature to Feature the cost delivered by the ANHC does not warrant the pricing Honda has gone in for.

But as well as my memory serves me, I think Honda's arrogance with pricing is always justified by the sales. I doubt we'll be seeing a dip in the sales despite of the slightly irrational pricing.
I am glad Honda thought it advisable to go in for ABS and Airbags in all models.

By the way, has anyone noticed this trend where Honda and Maruti sell like hotcakes in North India as against more tempered sales in South India?

Last edited by EssYouWe : 29th September 2009 at 17:46.
Old 29th September 2009, 18:34   #388
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Has the suspension been tweaked only for the Civic or even on the City? I've been reading about the City too scraping a few speed breakers when fairly loaded.
A good question to which even am looking forward for an confirmation - I did read somewhere (apologies not able to recollect where) that the suspension has been made a bit stiffer to eradicate the problem in ANHC scraping our Bangalore 'carbreakers' (a.k.a speedbreakers) at the cost of a more stiffer city ride. Is this true. Can someone from TBHP who owns / TD the new City confirm this.
Old 29th September 2009, 19:09   #389
Senior - BHPian

Saw the facelift ANHC and Civic side by side today.

The ANHC beige interiors surely will be extremely difficult the maintain. The armrests on the door have a suede material which was already soiled. Salesman said, sir these are detachable and will be cleaned by the workshop.

Once again - I felt that the silver plastics around the door switches of the Civic looks and feels a tad cheap.

City alloys looked good. Similar to the Civic alloys. Spare is a steel wheel. Tyres are XM1+. NCT5 for the Civic.

City does not have a dead pedal?

Calcutta OTR
City SMT - 9.2
City VMT - 9.66
City VAT - 10.41

Civic SMT - 12.82
Civic VMT - 13.75
Civic VAT - 14.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
6 CD changer (though Honda has USB / iPod integration)
Power drivers seat
Electric lumbar support
HID headlamps + washers
60:40 rear seat split
Does the Altis have an alloy for the spare wheel? The Civic apparently does not - thats what I was told.

nb: @premjit had checked out the Cedia Sports before settling on his FiestaS. Cedia Sports OTR offered = 10.16 !!!
Old 29th September 2009, 19:52   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Does the Altis have an alloy for the spare wheel? The Civic apparently does not - thats what I was told.
Altis has spare alloy in GL, not sure about other variants. Civic used to have spare alloy during the initial years. IIRC, they stopped in 2008 and replaced with steel spare wheel.

Most Viewed