Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2009, 12:30   #421
BHPian

Dead end

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
And you will let all of us know - please?
I will also try to make a visit to Dakshin Honda this weekend.
As I was half expecting, I drew a blank at Sundaram Honda

The sales guy was new and was immediately disappointed to hear that I already owned one. To his credit however he explained all the changes - the grill, the new lights (front/rear/fog lamps), cruise control on the top end model, the up(down)graded S model with single CD changer but with USB port.

What about mechanical changes .... zilch...nada,they have not invested in a new test drive car at all(that was his claim, didnt check).

Next up at the workshop,the SA claimed that the new Civic would be out the next month when we were standing next to a new one to be delivered, I pointed out that to him and got a blank expression in return.

However the best part was, the sales guy wanted to know the FE that I was getting with my car, driveability etc. It seems that a number of customers who are interested in the Civic, finally end up with the City (as we all know now) based on some info that Civic returns only around 6-7 kmpl. I said with some hard driving on the AT it could be possible, but it seems the claim is that MT models return only 6-7 kmpl in normal city driving conditions.

I explained a bit more about the car,in the end I gave more than I got.

Sorry about the looong post.
Old 4th October 2009, 13:39   #422

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
I said with some hard driving on the AT it could be possible, but it seems the claim is that MT models return only 6-7 kmpl in normal city driving conditions.
I get a 11 kmpl average (city+highway equal mix) from a 1.8V M/T. Worst ever was 9kmpl, best was 16kmpl from a full tank on a cool morning with just about no traffic on the highway. But I guess if you just take a drive where you overtake hard and brake till the threshold of ABS activation in city traffic, yes, you could possibly be looking at 5-6 kmpl.
Old 4th October 2009, 20:08   #423
Team-BHP Support

thanks GTO. I might actually consider these options once the car is at least 6 months. would you be able to recommend anyone reliable to advise in relation to and undertake such upgrades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Since you are so obviously an enthusiast, how about getting a performance suspension upgrade? The Civic has phenomenal after-market support for performance parts; you'll get more than a handful of bolt-on options. These will give you more driving pleasure than any stock suspension could.
Old 4th October 2009, 20:35   #424
Senior - BHPian

I am not Rush! But maybe it'd be of some use if you checked the 'Advice' section here.

Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - On Modifying - How to Modify / Tune your car

Peace!
Old 13th October 2009, 15:04   #425
BHPian

Guys, finally I took a plunge and bought a face-lifted Civic AT and enjoying every bit. BTW there are some undocumented minor updates in the new Civic. You can find some details here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-improved.html
Old 13th October 2009, 15:13   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Guys, finally I took a plunge and bought a face-lifted Civic AT and enjoying every bit. BTW there are some undocumented minor updates in the new Civic. You can find some details here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-improved.html
Congrats on the car ! Did anybody mention about any updates to the rear suspension during your buying process ?
Old 13th October 2009, 15:19   #427
BHPian

during my TD oct 4th the honda guy claimed there are no suspension updates and he hadnt noticed any difference even though hes been driving/selling it since it was launched 3 yrs ago. perhaps honda have instructed the dealers to keep mum.
Old 13th October 2009, 15:38   #428
BHPian

I did ask all 3 dealers in Bangalore about the rear suspension and they all denied categorically. One of them also said, they checked with Honda R&D and came to know that there is no change in the suspension. They mentioned front-bumper, lights, USB and cruise control. One guy said, 'sir, this is cruise control; but please dont use it as its very unsafe for Indian roads'!

They are being silent on this probably due to

1. Honda has kept this info to themselves

2. These guys do not understand our point. Though the type of suspension (Double wishbone) is same in the new civic, its the setting/tuning of the components that we are talking about.
Old 15th November 2009, 15:42   #429
Senior - BHPian

I have no idea about D segment cars hence the following query. An acquaintance has asked my advice regarding Civic. His primary concern is that he wants to buy the latest civic. He is aware that the new facelifted civic has just been launched, but is worried that Honda might launch a newer civic in the coming months. So if he buys one now in a few months his new civic will already be old.

Now my question is that if the facelifted civic has been launched in September 2009, how long before Honda launches all together a new/ more facelifted Civic?

Can some one kindly shed some light on this please??
Old 15th November 2009, 15:51   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Now my question is that if the facelifted civic has been launched in September 2009, how long before Honda launches all together a new/ more facelifted Civic?

Can some one kindly shed some light on this please??
A new civic will be released worldwide only in 2011 and most likely make it to India in 2012.
So if your friend is willing to wait till then he can get hold of that.
Old 15th November 2009, 17:41   #431
Senior - BHPian

The new Civic is delayed till late 2012 since Honda engineers have gone back to the drawing board. It will be more spacious but lengthwise be shorter and lighter than the current one, about the size of current City. Upcoming CAFE fuel economy norms will mean direct injection and lots of torque at lower rpms are also in cards for next family of i-vtec engines.More power yet more efficient with lower emissions (SU-LEV).
Old 16th November 2009, 14:53   #432
Senior - BHPian

Heard form my source that Honda plans to launch City "SV" as a limited edition model with black/silver interiors, pentagonal shaped alloys, CD player and OSRVM with turn indicator sometime after march next year. Hope this turns out to be true. The car looks like this:
Attached Thumbnails
City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-2009hondacity-_21_.jpg  

City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-2009hondacity-_23_.jpg  

City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-2009hondacity-_24_.jpg  

City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-honda_city_5th_gen_face.jpg  

Old 16th November 2009, 15:04   #433
BHPian

This is the model sold in Thailand/Malaysia.Is Honda running out of ideas and only playing with cosmetic changes? Hope it atleast comes with rear folding seats.
Old 16th November 2009, 17:25   #434
BHPian

That is a City! Not a Civic. Err.. at least one of the pics show the name city on the rear number plate!

Unless there is a Civic that looks like the City in Thailand...?!!
Old 16th November 2009, 17:49   #435
oss
BHPian

No auto climate control in this one as well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks