Team-BHP - City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/63744-city-gets-some-civic-sense-civic-gets-new-sense.html)

Summarized details of changes coming to new city and civic.

New series Honda City

Expected launch date: End-september.

Models:Changes:V models gain in addition to S:* will be confirmed closer to launch, rest info is correct.

New Civic Facelift

Expected launch date: 16/ 17 september.

models:changes:all models will have a nominal price increase.

Loved the title of the thread.:thumbs up

Coming to the changes, the improvements in City are all welcome. However, in Civic, it is sad that Honda is doing away with the in-dash 6 CD Changer and lack of audio controls on the steering.

Thanks for the info Sid. Why of why no Automatic Climate control in City !! With discontinuation of Civic E and launch of City V it looks like Honda wants City V to compete with Altis J(?)( base version).

As expected and long overdue. Looks like these changes will come over from the Thai/Malaysian versions which were available at launch.

Rotary shaped controls for Aircon aka Jazz would be welcome; neat and would definitely enhance the appeal.

Interior plastic esp door trim would do well with a dash of upmarket fabric. Can we expect the black trim? That definitely would be a departure from the staid beige!

Thanks for the Info Sid. Honda City is almost entering C+ segment cars. With further price increase (even if its nominal) there will be huge gap between top end C-segment petrol cars like Fiesta, Verna, Linea, SX4 and basic Honda City. Well, its a Honda agreed... but so much premium for a Honda..? and Yep anyone considering City can consider Altis as well.

let me get this right: in Civic they are making cosmetic changes, adding no new features, removing a 6CD player and increasing Prices? This when the Civic sales are sliding?

I don't know about the new "senses" its getting - but doesn't look like common sense:D

Stiffer rear suspension on the civic! Finally. I hope it fits on older models. My civic badly needs it.

And now they will have a nominal (50k) increase for all the things extra they are giving (conveniently ignoring the fact that these were missing features w.r.t competition).

In which case it will be "non-sense" :Frustrati

While rest of the new City features are typical constant refreshements in the product, the improved plastics quality would make current buyers look silly, specially ones that bought the car in the last few months.

With these new features, deletion of E variant and introduction of V variant, I think Honda is trying to create a bigger difference between Jazz and City so that none of them cannibalize each other's sales.

Quote:

all models will have a nominal price increase.
Nominal price increase as defined by ordinary folks like us for as defined by Honda? :D They hiked the prices by 30K in April and again now? Also, why should the price of S variant go up? For improved plastics quality and rotary knob on air con?!

Quote:

in Civic they are making cosmetic changes, adding no new features, removing a 6CD player and increasing Prices?
I feel initially it will outsell Altis.

Yeah, its time to increase the price because sales have increased and work load is too much for honda to cope with. One should learn from Honda, how to milk loyal customers and how to make housefull of any movie? areeeee by blackmailing its tickets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1437371)
  • stiffer rear suspension

They shouldn't need a facelift to rectify a problem, why were they waiting for a facelift to do that?

Plus an applause for Honda to give these (exclusive)things to Indian public. Big favour for a car close to 10 L Rupees.

Quote:

V models gain in addition to S:
  • 15" alloy wheels normal 5 spoke design
  • front fog lamps
  • chrome interior and exterior door handles
  • leather upholstery*

what about cruise control in the civic ? why no steering controls thats so cheap. i hope they still keep the violet shade. one of these cars might replace my honda at this diwali from the looks of it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivashara (Post 1437496)
areeeee by blackmailing its tickets.

Selling Movie ticket by the Hall Manager itself :)

Liked the title of the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyWalker (Post 1437448)
let me get this right: in Civic they are making cosmetic changes, adding no new features, removing a 6CD player and increasing Prices? This when the Civic sales are sliding?

I don't know about the new "senses" its getting - but doesn't look like common sense:D

let me rephrase it --

City gets some civic sense and
Civic gets some nonsense

lol Sid, how I wish Honda has some common sense while upgrading their models. Let's see the how they price it.

GTO or someone should send an invitational login ID to team-bhp with all relevant threads about Honda pricing. They will stop being ignorant only when their car sale drops!!!