Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:46   #226
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
We need 750 members to contribute Rs. 500 each. I am in.
So am I ! We've got to put an end to the cheating by hook or by crook !
Old 24th September 2009, 10:05   #227
BHPian

Any update on this thread?
Old 24th September 2009, 11:13   #228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
Renting a stall at the Auto -expo is an excellent Idea.

Harish, I highly recommend you seriously give us a thought since you apparently by default are the leader in this fiasco.

You mentioned you have about 200 agitated customers of Skoda who are on your side. Add the Team-BHP community on your side and you have a huge pool of members who should be able to actively donate fo ra stall purchase.

infact if I may, id suggest Team-BHP moderators take a active role in this. If this is given a serious though, a Donate tab on the main page of forum should go towards renting a stall. I have no idea what they cost but we have a huge community here.

Either way, id say ganging up at Auto-Expo will be far purposeful than the other team-BHP meets this community has.

Cheers.

(P.S. although I dont own a skoda ill be sure to show up with my 33 inch biceps to keep skoda away from the stall ! )

I still do not understand this - If Harish has 200 people rallied around him who feel they have been cheated by Skoda, why doesn't he file a class action suite.

@Harish - All you need is 10 people complaining about the same problem & you open the gate for a class action suite (PIL as we term it in India) which has far more power & voice. Every lawyer worth his salt will know this. I already see 2 big cases - yours & the gentleman with a fault Superb. Am sure there are quiet a handful of such genuine cases. Do talk to your lawyer & file a PIL. Am sure you get better reprieve for the problem.

Its surprising VW agrees to replace the faulty DSG for the cars in US and agrees to give replacement cars for the time the owners have to part with their wheels. The same companies subsidiary (?) takes it customers for a ride in India. Are we indians so gullible
Old 24th September 2009, 12:27   #229
BHPian

I think all bhpians from Pune and Mumbai , should come togather with their own cars and hold some sort of rally ( drive down to Aurangabad Skoda HQ and honk for 10 minutes in front of their office ) Imagine 50 + cars on the road , in a row with black flag driving from pune-mumbai to Aurangabad. It would be ( if not Skoda ) then at least a planet shaking effort.

Chalo Aurngabad. Wake up Skoda.

BTW , I forgot to mention , I am in for stall dontation.

Last edited by Zappo : 5th October 2009 at 20:03.
Old 24th September 2009, 23:16   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
If Harish has 200 people rallied around him who feel they have been cheated by Skoda, why doesn't he file a class action suite.
I was tied up currently with lot of work but am still working on the case. There are a lot of intricacies. I know it is taking time but I am working around them. Hope I can manage to get something concrete done.
Old 1st October 2009, 19:48   #231

Hi everyone. I'm the moderator on the russian forum of the new Superb owners: clubsuperb.ru. Sorry for poor English if it bothers you.
Also I'm the owner of Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8TSi Manual, Rosso Brunello. I love my car, but we have a lot of troubles just like you. The main part is DSG. Firstly I had a black Superb with DSG, one of the first cars in Russia. But my car has been broken almost near the Skoda dealer's office, the route on MaxiDOT was about 5 or 6 kilometers... I've returned broken car to the dealer and took a new one - with manual transmission.

Also we have enough drivers in our club who's having problems with DSG. There strange sounds coming from transmission, vibrations, etc. But Skoda dealers in Russia making guarantee repair only when the DSG completele breaks down. We wrote a letter to a Skoda in Czech Republic, and they told us they are working on that issue. Some of our Superb-drivers are going to sue. At the same time we keep on corresponding with Skoda about our problems and hope that the issue would be solved as soon as possible.

It's interesting, is there any progress in your interaction with Skoda in your country?
Old 2nd October 2009, 00:54   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp Gelfand. It's nice to get international views in.
Sadly our country is not alone on this problem, it seems worldwide. But atleast in Russia Skoda has good dealers that have taken the step of replacing your car. Here Skoda dealers aren't up to the mark at all.
I too have the new Superb 1.8 DSG-7speed(we have no manual option available)
my car is new and done barely 3500kms. However, I'm very content with it for now but I do find the initial DSG lag very irritating.
Do VW's suffer the same problem? I hope the firm resolves this issue but I suspect they aren't because the recall will be massive!
Old 2nd October 2009, 07:55   #233
BANNED

Wow. This is going to be an international issue now. The best things is send a written complaint to SIAM and related Ministry to take up this issue further.

Majority of the SKODA cars seems to be LEMON
Old 2nd October 2009, 11:32   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
I think all bhpians from Pune and Mumbai , should come togather with their own cars and hold some sort of rally ( drive down to Aurangabad Skoda HQ and honk for 10 minutes in front of their office ) Imagine 50 + cars on the road , in a row with black flag driving from pune-mumbai to Aurangabad. It would be ( if not Skoda ) then at least a planet shaking effort.

Chalo Aurngabad. Wake up Skoda.
Honda Fanboy, it's a different matter if you're actually driving down in your Honda. Given the reliability, or the utter lack thereof, of Skoda vehicles, what makes you think those 50+ Skodas are even going to make it to Aurangabad without breaking down or malfunctioning?
Old 2nd October 2009, 19:56   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Honda Fanboy, it's a different matter if you're actually driving down in your Honda. Given the reliability, or the utter lack thereof, of Skoda vehicles, what makes you think those 50+ Skodas are even going to make it to Aurangabad without breaking down or malfunctioning?

LOL Flyingspur. 50+ Skodas on the road will create a havoc but I think that actually will help to grab instant attention from EVERYONE. So not a bad idea

But I was not talking about exclusive skoda car rally . All types of cars/bikes etc to protest. Kind of Gandhigiri
Old 3rd October 2009, 15:21   #236
BHPian

Hi fellow Bhpians. I was trying to log onto this thread but I think last 3 days I had great difficulty logging in.

Well I wish to inform you that as I told you earlier Skoda had changed the gearbox of my car but I did not take delivery of the car. Finally they gave in and offered me a Brand new car on payment of Rs.1,47,000(approx). Against this amount they would also be getting my new car registered. I will get refund for balance of my old insurance and have got a new insurance for my new car. never mind insurance is a consumable. Finally I got my new car on 29th september and am enjoying driving it. Hope it does not give any problem in future.

I wish to thank all my Fellow Bhpians as they have stood by my side during this ugly episode. Thanks you very much once again. all this would not have been possible without your help and support.
Old 3rd October 2009, 15:56   #237
BHPian

Holy news brother . Congratulations
Old 3rd October 2009, 15:57   #238
Senior - BHPian

God bless you both, Gagan. NOW, start a new fun ownership thread with gazillions of photos. Did they give you the car in the same colour? and what was the manufacturing date?
Old 3rd October 2009, 16:03   #239
BHPian

congrats gagan!!
it takes a lot of effort & pain to get a deal like this specially when the company is skoda.hope the new car gives you alot of happy miles.
drive safe.
Old 3rd October 2009, 17:07   #240
BHPian

Congratulations gagan . we hope Harish to gets justice
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks