Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 19:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
If the car has been reparied, even if there's no amount to be paid, the bill should have been made. Unless, Skoda dealers don't maintain logs or have no audits!
Well there's the solution. OP, please post a photo of the bill or of any other document summarising the problem. This is not to say that we disbelieve you. It is merely to make sure we're not being spammed. If nothing comes out, we can assume this is a poor effort by a competitor to ruin the Superb's reputation.
Old 20th August 2009, 20:37   #17
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gagananand,

Guess you should give more details about your Skoda. If you need help from the forum, it is only fair that you should give in all details like the dealer you bought the car from, the car number, Invoice copy, etc., etc.,

I am sure you should not have any problem in giving all the details so that we could Skoda
Old 20th August 2009, 20:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Gagan,

Get them to write all the problems on the job card - scan and put it up here. Then check the bill they give you (they will even if it reads Rs 0) and check if they have done what all they wrote in the job card.

And yes - tell them firmly that whatever parts they are changing they have to change in your presence. It will cost you a couple of days but try and be there. Take pictures - it's your car afterall.
Old 20th August 2009, 20:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I am not sure, I leave that for mods to decide on how they would like to verify newbie's and keep a check on their thread's authenticity.

I can see several auto forums including the ACI forum where dirty tricks are played by competitors making fake accounts to bash each other. We cannot and should not let T-Bhp become another battle field.
Completely agreed.
I think it would be better if the OP can post some pics or more authentic information regarding the troubled parts.
I believe this is the first reported complaint on forum for new superb.

Also you can check and join in the movement- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...its-users.html

Last edited by harry10 : 20th August 2009 at 20:47.
Old 20th August 2009, 20:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

A copy of the bill of repairs carried out?
A pic of the car stalled on the highway in the middle of the road?
An a/c report of the temperatures recorded in the rear vents?
It happened in my friends Maruti Swift. The complete a/c system was replaced when the dealer saw that the required temps were not registered. I have also got the same thing done in my WagonR and lancer to make sure the a/c works good.

PS: It's high time team-bhp mods take a positive action. Such details should be mandated for every person who has a problem with his car. It's hardly takes that much time compared to the effort other members will pitch in to get him the right solution, spares, dealer reputation, scam alert etc. I see too many Skoda complaints to be true. Skoda has always been known for its reliability in the past. I do agree to many of the complaints posted here but when some people go all out in the first few posts itself, something is fishy.(not that I doubt this person). Skoda Hardly sells so many cars to not notice the faults and rectify them quickly. How come we dont see such faults in other countries while the parts used are the same?

I belong to Ahmedabad where people are usually reserved and buy a car on reference. If a skoda breaks down, you ought to take my word that word spreads like fire in this 6th largest city of India. Dealers will have to shut shop. I am yet to hear a single complaint in Ahmedabad.

Also if the case is so bad, I wonder why the papers have not covered it.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 20th August 2009 at 20:54.
Old 20th August 2009, 21:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagananand View Post
well I own a so called luxory car skoda superb 2009 (worth 20 lakhs)gagan anand
Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
we faced the same issue with our octavia. The car stopped all of sudden in the middle of a signal. No response whatever. The mechanics took 2 weeks to sort it out. Sad to see any car spend most of its life in a garage
Dear gagnanand
Seriously OT
could you please first share your thought process undergone in selection of the car. Have you been regular visitor of T-bhp ?
I know i am sounding skeptical thats why OT

cheers
Old 20th August 2009, 21:47   #22
BHPian

proof of my problem

Dear Friends please find attached various photos and detailed car history sheet giving all details you want
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb 2009 - 1st car replaced, 2nd Seized - Rs. Refunded now - Case Closed!-10082009070.jpg  

Skoda Superb 2009 - 1st car replaced, 2nd Seized - Rs. Refunded now - Case Closed!-10082009071.jpg  

Skoda Superb 2009 - 1st car replaced, 2nd Seized - Rs. Refunded now - Case Closed!-11082009075.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf job & history card.pdf (2.14 MB, 2604 views)
gagananand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2009, 21:51   #23
BHPian

why i decided to buy this car was s it was beautiful, great looking, fun to drive and great value for money
Old 20th August 2009, 22:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

From the job card came to know you are also from fbd.
I seriously think you must check the thread link i have posted in the posts below.
Old 20th August 2009, 22:09   #25
BHPian

pains to see the car in a tow truck. Wish you had run through the forum before choosing on a skoda
Old 20th August 2009, 22:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Nice recovery vehicle you got there, gagan.
- sell your superb ASAP
- buy this recovey vehicle
- contact all other superb/laura owners (i cant say that about the Octy) and inform them about your new venture
- soon you will be making a lot of money, so you can buy a Toyota.
- live happily forever.

(disclaimer: not intended to hurt any TBHPians.)
Old 20th August 2009, 22:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

I somehow feel we need to do a lot more than what we are doing now for the sake of Skoda owners. Is there a way to start an off-forum propaganda? Just a thought- this is way too much issues from one car maker, who either do not price their cars right, or does not care what their dealers do, and most important- sell unreliable cars for a huge premium!
Old 20th August 2009, 22:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I somehow feel we need to do a lot more than what we are doing now for the sake of Skoda owners. Is there a way to start an off-forum propaganda? Just a thought- this is way too much issues from one car maker, who either do not price their cars right, or does not care what their dealers do, and most important- sell unreliable cars for a huge premium!
May be a silent protest with placards outside various dealers after obtaining due police permission for the same. May be, the meets could be organised around this concept !
Old 20th August 2009, 22:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

Another lemon!

This is the pits. Car has been giving electrical/electronic problems from day 1 (almost) and they fiddle around till the damn thing goes into some kind of a lockdown mode.

Any members here from Aurangabad? If so - please give Thomas etc. from Skoda driving instructions so they can just drive off the nearest cliff and save themselves and several other innocent customers the agony of a prolonged death dive.

@ Skoda: If you have to kill yourself, do it in style.

Cheers,
Old 20th August 2009, 22:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
May be a silent protest with placards outside various dealers after obtaining due police permission for the same. May be, the meets could be organised around this concept !
I am in for a protest in Delhi-NCR... anything for skoda- Dare to own in a lifetime cars.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed