Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 16:14   #1
BHPian

Skoda Superb 2009 - 1st car replaced, 2nd Seized - Rs. Refunded now - Case Closed!

well I own a so called luxory car skoda superb 2009 (worth 20 lakhs)bought in march 2009. Initially very good to drive and great to look at I started facing problems with the airconditioner. There was no cooling I used to sweat. also the parking sensors malfunctioned as well as the stereo. After 6 visits and about 18 days at workshop they recharged gas and oil to system several changed ignition switch. Now the ac started cooling to an extent but still the rear blowers are a showpiece and the cooloing at rear is bad.
Now on 9th august midnight the car halted in middle of road everything jammed including the steering, gears, engine etc. I could not start or move the car. Finally it was towed to service centre. Now skoda is changing something called mechatronics and the gearbox what so ever. I have zero confidence in this car because had this happened on highway at high speed more so while overtaking I would not have been there sharing this with you my friends. My new car in intial less than 5 months of ownership has already spent more than a month in workshop.
Help me friends to get justice from skoda either a replacement or refund. skoda is not intrested to answer most of my querries even though this is their top of the line 7* rated product.

thanks
gagan anand
Old 20th August 2009, 16:29   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

you might be having an ECM problem - ask them to check it.
It happened to a pal of mine in his Octavia - and was caused by some water getting in or something - trouble is that it apparently cost him 92 grand to get it replaced and the insurance guys simply wouldnt pay because apparently he had not followed the procedure of informing them properly in advance.

suggest you first contact your INsurance Company and inform them about all these niggles straightaway in writing. Do ensure you get an acknowledgement of receipt from them. then take the car to the authorized workshop and ask them to check the ECM. this apparently is the only way that you can salvage something from the insurance fellows in case the ECM is actually at fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagananand View Post
well I own a so called luxory car skoda superb 2009 (worth 20 lakhs)bought in march 2009. Initially very good to drive and great to look at I started facing problems with the airconditioner. There was no cooling I used to sweat. also the parking sensors malfunctioned as well as the stereo. After 6 visits and about 18 days at workshop they recharged gas and oil to system several changed ignition switch. Now the ac started cooling to an extent but still the rear blowers are a showpiece and the cooloing at rear is bad.
Now on 9th august midnight the car halted in middle of road everything jammed including the steering, gears, engine etc. I could not start or move the car. Finally it was towed to service centre. Now skoda is changing something called mechatronics and the gearbox what so ever. I have zero confidence in this car because had this happened on highway at high speed more so while overtaking I would not have been there sharing this with you my friends. My new car in intial less than 5 months of ownership has already spent more than a month in workshop.
Help me friends to get justice from skoda either a replacement or refund. skoda is not intrested to answer most of my querries even though this is their top of the line 7* rated product.

thanks
gagan anand
Old 20th August 2009, 16:34   #3
BHPian

we faced the same issue with our octavia. The car stopped all of sudden in the middle of a signal. No response whatever. The mechanics took 2 weeks to sort it out. But it was out of warranty so we could not claim anything from Skoda. Read the thread about skoda and its problems. You might find some info there.

Sad to see any car spend most of its life in a garage
Old 20th August 2009, 16:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Oops! just went through vid's thread and why he didnt get a Superb!
Old 20th August 2009, 16:37   #5
BHPian

OMG! Sorry to hear this.

I suggest you get in touch with Harish Kanchan (harishv) who is filing a class action suit against Skoda.

I am not sure how you can get a refund / replacement. Maybe you can ask for the PDI report / certificate done on your car (identified by the VIN). That could be a starting point so you can be convinced that the car cleared all the test before it was delivered.

Replacement / refund is a long drawn out process that can be mentally and emotionally draining, not to mention financially. So you would need to be mentally prepared for the long and bitter haul. When Skoda / dealer passed me a lemon and I found my car registration done through forgery, I refused to take delivery. I was clear I would be prepared for the longest haul even if it meant I lose my 16 lakhs. I was lucky to close it quicker than Harish.

Anyway Gagan, all the best - there have been cases where Skoda replaced a Fabia 1.4 so I hope you get lucky as well.

Best
Old 20th August 2009, 16:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

A total system failure is highly unacceptable. might have been a cascading effect of filures. I think the ratings are supposed to be given by the users not the manufacturers.
Old 20th August 2009, 16:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes i wonder, is Skoda really that negligent/careless or are they on some sort of a suicide mission???

Shan2nu
Old 20th August 2009, 16:47   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn, my baddest nightmare !

However, I am always vary of newbie's who post such thread on their first post itself. I question the authenticity of such posts, but i could be wrong too. There was a previous instance too when someone went BMW bashing and blamed Bird Motors for ruining his car but hid facts from us for his advantage.
I fear and hope this forum does not become a Skoda bashing place where competitors take advantage of Skoda's hatred here and use it to their advantage by making false post.

EDIT : Photographs & evidence has been verified on Page 2

Last edited by GTO : 21st August 2009 at 17:28. Reason: Adding link to ownership evidence
Old 20th August 2009, 16:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Damn this is bad. No one pays 20 L for this.
Old 20th August 2009, 16:55   #10
BHPian

Thats bad. From which dealer did you purchase the car?? Post your car purchase experience and pics of your car please.
Old 20th August 2009, 16:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

sad to see the problems to your car. check what Shankar has said, very high reasons that the Service Center mechanics may not know the reasons and Skoda will continue to turn blind eye. The sooner problem is rectified the sooner solution happens to you ( I pray).

You car is in warranty, so all these would be done at no charge to you I guess.
Old 20th August 2009, 17:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

@gagan - That is scary man and could have been much worse in other situations as you said on highway or while overtaking. Hope things sort out soon and well for you.

Quote:
However, I am always vary of newbie's who post such thread on their first post itself. I question the authenticity of such posts, but i could be wrong too. There was a previous instance too when someone went BMW bashing and blamed Bird Motors for ruining his car but hid facts from us for his advantage.
I fear and hope this forum does not become a Skoda bashing place where competitors take advantage of Skoda's hatred here and use it to their advantage by making false post.
A valid point there Sahil. What should gagan do, may be he should post pics to support his thread.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 20th August 2009 at 17:09.
Old 20th August 2009, 17:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Good point. No idea how to get authentic verification though
Old 20th August 2009, 17:18   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I am not sure, I leave that for mods to decide on how they would like to verify newbie's and keep a check on their thread's authenticity.

I can see several auto forums including the ACI forum where dirty tricks are played by competitors making fake accounts to bash each other. We cannot and should not let T-Bhp become another battle field.
Old 20th August 2009, 17:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

However, I am always vary of newbie's who post such thread on their first post itself.
True. However, might be true as well. lets give a benefit of doubt to the person. If competitors had any role here, we would have been flooded with Skods posts daily (Not that we don't get flooded with Skoda posts now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post

A valid point there Sahil. What should gagan do, may be he should post pics to support his thread.
And sir, how are you going to prove that the AC is not working by looking at the picture? or the Engine is stalled? Unless there are pictures of AC/Engine Gearbox being replaced (which I highly doubt he would have access to)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
If the car has been reparied, even if there's no amount to be paid, the bill should have been made. Unless, Skoda dealers don't maintain logs or have no audits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
You car is in warranty, so all these would be done at no charge to you I guess.
+1 If Skoda honors its warranty that is.
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed